[1.7.10] Journey to the Core (Hardcore, HQM)

Zirofal

Jul 29, 2019
anyone got a tip how i can generate woods quickly for that quest that requiers 500? or how to get enough coal for dark matter... i got the organic compresser and a farm but still needs a faster way. i got the transfer node but i can't figure it ou in this pack..

F

Florence1027

Hi! I have 2 questions about this (for now)

So how do I get dirt in the cave dimension? I have a quest were I need 8 and I dont know how to make some exept with rotten food, but it takes too long. Is there another way?

Why do I occur do have random fire occuring? Like it occurs and then a part of my base occurs to burn down. (Yes I wanted to have alot of occurs in this)

Joostiseen100

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I have 2 questions about this (for now)

So how do I get dirt in the cave dimension? I have a quest were I need 8 and I dont know how to make some exept with rotten food, but it takes too long. Is there another way?

Why do I occur do have random fire occuring? Like it occurs and then a part of my base occurs to burn down. (Yes I wanted to have alot of occurs in this)

I got my coal by getting a lumber axe, planting 64 saplings, and mining them. Then with the philosopher's stone smelted them to charcoal. Charcoal gives you about 13% in the organic matter processor. Took me very long though (like 3 hours).

I just found dirt inside the cave dimension, maybe just run around?

E

Eternal-Mane

Hello. Everything works fine untill I go down the elevator. However after that whenever I attempt to destroy a block it responds after about half a second. Eventually I can get a block to be removed but it is a real struggle to get anything done. I have set my graphics to a minimum but wonder if there is anything else I could do like remove any any extraneous mods?

E

Eternal-Mane

I got my coal by getting a lumber axe, planting 64 saplings, and mining them. Then with the philosopher's stone smelted them to charcoal. Charcoal gives you about 13% in the organic matter processor. Took me very long though (like 3 hours).

I just found dirt inside the cave dimension, maybe just run around?

Torches mate. Thats where the fire might be coming from. Either replace them with G-stone or place them in safe cubby holes

E

Eternal-Mane

At the very beginning of this modpack, everything works correctly, but the first quest that requires a few dirt/wood/gravel I can't seem to complete. As far as I can tell, it's some kind of bug. For whatever reason, the quest just will not recognize that I have the dirt in my inventory, and as such I can't progress any further.

I have searched all over this thread, the forums, google, youtube..everywhere, and I seem to be the only person experiencing this problem. There was one post earlier in this thread describing the same thing but he edited his post saying he resolved the issue, but doesn't explain how. I have tried reinstalling the instance, disabling/enabling mods, I've gathered every damn piece of dirt in beginning part of the map outside the cave, nothing seems to work.

Has no one else really experienced this problem? Why will HQM just not recognize that I have the dirt? I can't seem to get past this, and as such I can't even play the modpack because of it. Please help, someone!
635356669596699902.png
MIght be to late to tell you but you most likely have happy dirt in your inventory not regular minecraft dirt. The regular minecraft dirt can be found under the one oak tree

E

Eternal-Mane

Hello. Everything works fine untill I go down the elevator. However after that whenever I attempt to destroy a block it responds after about half a second. Eventually I can get a block to be removed but it is a real struggle to get anything done. I have set my graphics to a minimum but wonder if there is anything else I could do like remove any any extraneous mods?

Furthermore I struggle to pick up blocks. It is really difficult to make any progress here. I REALLY want to play this pack but not like this :p

xmercy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

How can I play this modpack with friends? The teleporter disappears when one player uses it. Or are you not supposed to play this one with friends?

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Nice pack so far but consider nerfing creepers a little. It's impossible to fight them melee, and since mobs can see u through block corners (mod bug), they will explode on u without even knowing they where there.
Also, some supercharged ones are insane. A supercharged "aqua creeper" (the one that creates water sources when exploding) just filled my entire base, cave system, mining shaft and what not with water sources. That's like 1000 blocks of water.....

FirefoxAegis

Jul 29, 2019
So, err... I'm having trouble with the Beacon of Hope quest? I've torn through easily ten or so forts in the Deep Dark, but I can't find any beacons? Is there something I'm missing? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I'd really like to check out the custom Soartext texture pack, but I can't find it. There was talk of downloading it via the FtB or AT launcher, but I got the pack via Curse. I mean I can easily download the Soartext pack from there, but there isn't a version that says anything about this mod pack.

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying watching the Yogscast struggle through this pack. When I get around to trying it, I will know exactly what NOT to do :)

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
For the quest "diabetes" I can't pipe the water.

The simplest way to do this one is to just place a portable tank on top of the quest delivery thing and set it to out put so it just goes right into it. Just make sure to have it set to the correct quest.

slashemvc

Jul 29, 2019
Downloded this today and when I click "create new world" it just returns to the title screen. Is there somewhere I can download the starting map?

C

Chriss22

Are there different maps? Have seen a LP with a different map than the one i have.
and i noticed there is no Deadpine on my map but i need it for the quest

Steve_59

Jul 29, 2019
So, err... I'm having trouble with the Beacon of Hope quest? I've torn through easily ten or so forts in the Deep Dark, but I can't find any beacons? Is there something I'm missing? Or am I looking in the wrong place?
I found the same thing, I even went in to creative and flew all over the deep dark, plenty of forts but no beacons. I ended up just using emc to create 2.

T

tonytonyton

help please i hosting a server just for meand my friend and we could spawn animals but then when i started hosting the server again all the animals were gone and when we tried spawning them in in survival and creativ they just appeared then disapeared in like half a second. but monsters could still spawn though. plese help!!!! by the way im in the cave dimesion

S

Suishido

Hi Dark ! :)

So im currently playing your modpack on my server with a friend. We are really enjoying it, but i have a question regarding the pack:

So I noticed after watching a couple of YT videos of the modpack, that everyone has a lot of monsters spawning (I even saw a few people having trouble decreasing the amount of spawns e.g. with a magnum torch). But in our world, there are basically no mobs spawning in or even outside of our base in the Cave. When you go outside, there is basically nothing. The only thing we saw was lava monsters. We were lucky enough to get a Spawner in our base, and only there monsters spawn (Spiders and Skeletons). We also never seen enderman, zombies, ghasts etc.... Its weird. I hope you can help us with this.

Other than that, you did an amazing job on the pack !!
Thank you !