[1.7.10]Atonement: Sins of the Past Hardcore Survival Thaumcraft Focused

D

Dweia

Ok, so, I think I finally figured pastebin out.
Here is the link( I think):
http://pastebin.com/Gd25b4Zc

So, I would love it If you can help me, cause I really loved this pack. And again, sorry if it's just me doing something stupid.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I'm still stuck on a corner of my island, so I can't check how many meteors have landed nearby. By the sound of them, it was a lot. There were also several meteor showers as well. I have a stable base now, and I'm working on getting the jetpack. If there are as many ores as in that screenshot, that would pretty much eliminate the resource shortage.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I no longer really need to go mining. There are a ton of resources just chilling out there. I think the problem is that there is no risk of an actual meteor strike. They always land "over there" somewhere, never where you are. So they're not hurting you (like it sounds like the tornadoes did). But they do drop all kinds of yummy resources, lol. Yes... I just said yummy resources...

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I am really impressed with the early game in this version, it's so intense.

The first few nights are scary, the mobs are trying to get into your base and you have to be on your guard and seal the breaches fast. The days aren't much easier, because there are suddenly wisps everywhere, and you need to figure out a way to deal with them. Things get easier once you make a bed, but even then mobs spawn in caves and holes and pose a threat.

The resources are scarce, I maybe got a bit unlucky and couldn't find gold or diamonds early on (I did get a diamond in a chest, which I attached to my pickaxe). That means no Botania or Thaumcraft. There are no gems either, so no Silent's Gems until much later. I actually thought about making a mob spawner to farm champion bags. That forced me to work through Flaxbeard's steam contraptions, and even use the exosuit (I only used about half of the mod in the last version, but now it's actually a lot more useful). Turns out there was some gold on my island, but I would have never found it without the exosuit jetpack.

gpCip36.jpg

By the time I finished the exosuit and all the steam infrastructure, I secured and cleaned a corner of my island and dealt with the wisps. Now I could finally farm all those meteors that made all that noise. Yeah, no... There wasn't nearly as much ore as I had expected, and harvesting them required quite a bit of work. I finally got some gems, and made a Silk Touch and a Fortune 3 pickaxe. After gathering everything around my island, I have this chest to show for it.

f0gOIFr.jpg

3Ca1hGI.png

I looked at the more advanced crafting recipes, and this won't be enough to do much. Silent's Gems stuff requires a lot of these gems. Like really a lot... Just to repair my pickaxe, I'm going to use 6 of them. I did get a stack of diamonds though.

Some of those meteors are also dropping other stuff. There was an End meteor, which scattered Ender Pearls around it (I got 5). Another dropped Blaze Powders and Nether Warts. Pretty neat.

I suppose this is where the mid-game begins, now I get to craft all the cool stuff that I've been missing :)

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Hmm, I got a Nether Star from one of the meteors, might want to disable that. I can easily make chaos tools now, which seem to be the best items in the game.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, damn yo... I have not found one of those yet. Plenty of nether meteors out there though, but haven't had a chance to mine them yet. Actually haven't been able to play the last few days as I was busy moving. Will probably play some tonight though.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Didn't real
Hmm, I got a Nether Star from one of the meteors, might want to disable that. I can easily make chaos tools now, which seem to be the best items in the game.
ize that was a thing. That said, I'd guess it must be fairly rare. I think you must have hit the jackpot.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I think the distance is the more limiting factor. They drop outside of the rendering range, so it's hard to see where they land. If you actually go everywhere and have a look before it all despawns, nothing will be getting done in your base.

Maybe if I build some teleporters it could be faster. Those are also expensive though.

D

Dweia

So... any chance I'll get to play the pack? I don't mean to bug you, but I was really hoping to be able to play it.

D

Dweia

The current version of the pack should be available on the curse Launcher.

It is, I know that. But I keep getting a crash when I try to launch. I posted the report a few days ago, was just hoping that it was something easy to fix and Iskandar would be able to fix it quickly. I'd just like to know whether I should wait for a fix or move on to another pack.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
It is, I know that. But I keep getting a crash when I try to launch. I posted the report a few days ago, was just hoping that it was something easy to fix and Iskandar would be able to fix it quickly. I'd just like to know whether I should wait for a fix or move on to another pack.

Have you tried reinstalling the pack a couple times?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Looks like the pack failed to download correctly. Delete the instance, try again.

Terodeness

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't real

ize that was a thing. That said, I'd guess it must be fairly rare. I think you must have hit the jackpot.

Let me tell you a story of foolish young man who thought that meteor defence gun is actually for defending your base against meteors. So this young man already built decent base and thought: "Hey I have a decent base now. It would be a shame to lose it to some stupid meteor." So he build meteor defence gun (tier 1) and of course he placed it on fu**ing top of his wizard tower in order to increase it's efficiency. Few meteors flew by, got shot, and he thought: "Wow that's cool I got blaze powder, gunpowder and glowstone dust for free! Nice!" But then meteor shower shoved up and lag fest begun. At this moment he knew, he fu**ed up. After while and one CPU with hearth attack lags stopped and all around his base were tons of junk blocks. But when he looked closer he saw that those junk blocks were actually quite nice resources. Diamonds, emeralds, infused stones, ets... But that still nothing. Most importantly there was another ton of dropped items... So he collected them all. Now he have glowstone, gun powder and ender pearls for days... But when he was empting his pockets he found something shiny pulsing with power. It was a nether star and not only one but 5 of them! So then he was like: o_O? Then like: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And then he decided to share his story. xD
Ye I'm playing on version 1.0.

D

Dweia

Looks like the pack failed to download correctly. Delete the instance, try again.

I deleted it and reinstalled, didn't work. :( Still having the same crash.

Edit: Deleted it and reinstalled like 5 times, always the same crash.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I deleted it and reinstalled, didn't work. :( Still having the same crash.

Edit: Deleted it and reinstalled like 5 times, always the same crash.

I ha no idea. I've never seen that error and it doesn't occur on my end. Nothing much I can do, sorry