[1.7.10]Atonement: Sins of the Past Hardcore Survival Thaumcraft Focused

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I deleted it and reinstalled, didn't work. :( Still having the same crash.

Edit: Deleted it and reinstalled like 5 times, always the same crash.

Have you installed Fastcraft? Does it start with/without Fastcraft?

Maybe try removing some mods, starting with Meteorcraft, DragonAPI (see what is related to them).

D

Dweia

I ha no idea. I've never seen that error and it doesn't occur on my end. Nothing much I can do, sorry
Should I ask for help from the mod author of dragon api? Since that seems to be the issue, as far as I understand.
Have you installed Fastcraft? Does it start with/without Fastcraft?

Maybe try removing some mods, starting with Meteorcraft, DragonAPI (see what is related to them).

No, I don't have fastcraft installed, I'll try it with it installed as well.
I'll try removing dargon api.
is your java upto date
Yes, my java is up to date, I check it regularly.

So, question: could this have anything to do with the language of my system? Cause that caused an issue with other mods before. And if it is so, who should I be reporting that?

Edit: I removed dragon API and the game actually opened. It gave the forge mod loader found a problem screen, saying that dargon API was missing. Should I report this to the mod author?

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Should I ask for help from the mod author of dragon api? Since that seems to be the issue, as far as I understand.

No, I don't have fastcraft installed, I'll try it with it installed as well.
I'll try removing dargon api.

Yes, my java is up to date, I check it regularly.

So, question: could this have anything to do with the language of my system? Cause that caused an issue with other mods before. And if it is so, who should I be reporting that?
Ah, yeah that could, indeed, do it. And yeah, reporting that to Reika with what language you're using would be helpful:p https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues/issues

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, I'll do that. Thanks for trying to help. :)
Yeah, it is likely due to the Turkish language issue that has cropped up before. I've sorted Reika out abut it, sorry about his previous response, and we'll see how it goes. For now removing DragonAPI and Meteorcraft dhould sort your problem without damaging the pack too badly (it will remove a source of danger and resources, but it shouoldn't be horribly unbalancing)

D

Dweia

Yeah, it is likely due to the Turkish language issue that has cropped up before. I've sorted Reika out abut it, sorry about his previous response, and we'll see how it goes. For now removing DragonAPI and Meteorcraft dhould sort your problem without damaging the pack too badly (it will remove a source of danger and resources, but it shouoldn't be horribly unbalancing)

Well, I could've probably explained the issue a bit better too. So, sorry for causing that argument.
I did remove meteorcraft and DragonAPI it's workin fine, but I'd prefer having those in too. I'll probably change my system langueage to english, since it's been causing too much trouble already. Thanks for helping. And really awesome pack, will probably play with it for a long time. :D
Edit: Apparently windows 8.1 won't let me change my system language. So, I'm kinda stuck. Does that mean I'll never be able to play the pack with meteorcraft? Or will a future update solve this?
Sorry for so many questions. :(

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Well, I could've probably explained the issue a bit better too. So, sorry for causing that argument.
I did remove meteorcraft and DragonAPI it's workin fine, but I'd prefer having those in too. I'll probably change my system langueage to english, since it's been causing too much trouble already. Thanks for helping. And really awesome pack, will probably play with it for a long time. :D
Edit: Apparently windows 8.1 won't let me change my system language. So, I'm kinda stuck. Does that mean I'll never be able to play the pack with meteorcraft? Or will a future update solve this?
Sorry for so many questions. :(
Not for the moment, however I'm sure now that Reika is aware of the problem he'll get a fix out at some point.

D

Dweia

Not for the moment, however I'm sure now that Reika is aware of the problem he'll get a fix out at some point.
I'll have to mine for resources for the time being then, till I get the orechid at least. Thanks for helping. :)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
There seems to be an update, did anything change?
It's a beta experimental build. I'm not sure if it will auto-update or not, if not you'll have to set your profile options to prefer beta releases and, possibly, force update. I've added the Enviromine physics and I'm concerned about the performance impact so I'd like to get some feed back before pushing it to release. I also added Mutant Creatures and balanced mob spawning a bit.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
My base has been destroyed :eek:

Yeah, I think the mobs have a tad too many nuking options right now.
Really? What happened? There is a reason I left this as beta and I be interested in hearing your experiences.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I think creepers can blow up from behind a wall now, without the usual line of sight. They are probably detecting players by scent or noise. They sometimes spawn in caves underground, and keep starting their fuse, stopping a second from exploding. One of them followed a husk that was digging into my base and did explode, I'm pretty sure there was no hole through which it could see me. It must have been a block or two away.

On second thought, it may have been a husk carrying dynamite. Not better.

Then there's the obvious ghasts. They spawn pretty frequently and apparently have their usual attack range and x-ray vision. Considering that mobs spawn pretty close to us, every time one of them shows up half the island will get blown to pieces. We don't exactly have a lot of island to start with. Whatever they don't blow up (I'm not sure if the blast resistances are the same as vanilla), falls down with the new physics. Maybe it's just me, I'm not a big fan of terrain-damaging mods.

This version can actually make an epic multiplayer/youtube playthrough. If it wasn't hardcore, at least. I went through like 5 worlds in no time.

W

Wrath

Is there a way to disable hardcore mode? My computer is an absolute potato and I don't wanna have to deal with potentially dying the instant I load up the world

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I think creepers can blow up from behind a wall now, without the usual line of sight. They are probably detecting players by scent or noise. They sometimes spawn in caves underground, and keep starting their fuse, stopping a second from exploding. One of them followed a husk that was digging into my base and did explode, I'm pretty sure there was no hole through which it could see me. It must have been a block or two away.

On second thought, it may have been a husk carrying dynamite. Not better.

Then there's the obvious ghasts. They spawn pretty frequently and apparently have their usual attack range and x-ray vision. Considering that mobs spawn pretty close to us, every time one of them shows up half the island will get blown to pieces. We don't exactly have a lot of island to start with. Whatever they don't blow up (I'm not sure if the blast resistances are the same as vanilla), falls down with the new physics. Maybe it's just me, I'm not a big fan of terrain-damaging mods.

This version can actually make an epic multiplayer/youtube playthrough. If it wasn't hardcore, at least. I went through like 5 worlds in no time.
Creepers could always see you through walls. As for ghasts, they should be more rare than they are being. They are, quite literally, set to like 0/5% chance to spawn.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
The question is what to do when they do spawn. One of them spawned somewhere on a level below me, and was flying under the island and blowing it up from the bottom. We don't have many options to deal with them early on.

I'm actually considering things like pouring water over a lava pool asap, and building a base under that. Or casting an early Nether portal to escape through that, and hope that the ghasts despawn.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
The question is what to do when they do spawn. One of them spawned somewhere on a level below me, and was flying under the island and blowing it up from the bottom. We don't have many options to deal with them early on.

I'm actually considering things like pouring water over a lava pool asap, and building a base under that. Or casting an early Nether portal to escape through that, and hope that the ghasts despawn.
That's odd, ghasts should be unable to damage stone. Unless I missed a config somewhere. Ah, ok, I did. I'll fix that.