[1.7.10] AgriCraft

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I've updated AgriCraft to 1.1.0, in this version the rendering code been rewritten resulting in a huge performance boost.

Changelog:

-Rewrote rendering code to improve performance
-Fixed gardening trowel bug
-Changed Hunger Overhaul compatibility (you need to update HO to newest version as well)

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I'm curious, on the OP, one of the recipes conflicts with the bowl recipe. has the bowl recipe been changed or something?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to add a custom crop and as far as I can tell, it's not showing up in the game. Does the Name of the crop have to reference an already existing item or am I doing something else wrong? This is what I have in the config, yet nothing seems to show up ingame
Code:
nature,magicalcrops:magicalcrops_CropEssence,null,3,1,Essence of Nature

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to add a custom crop and as far as I can tell, it's not showing up in the game. Does the Name of the crop have to reference an already existing item or am I doing something else wrong? This is what I have in the config, yet nothing seems to show up ingame
Code:
nature,magicalcrops:magicalcrops_CropEssence,null,3,1,Essence of Nature
I see what's going wrong, a small bug, I'll fix it. For now you can just insert an empty line below your last custom crop (it reads all lines except the last line).

Reactions: thephoenixlodge

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I see what's going wrong, a small bug, I'll fix it. For now you can just insert an empty line below your last custom crop (it reads all lines except the last line).
Awesome, its working now, although I'm having difficulty with the fruit.
Just a wee note though, I'd recommend using Lumien's Resource Loader Mod if alongside the custom crops system as it negates the need for a texture pack, so users will have the textures by default.
Edit: And found you a crash report, occurs while breaking any part of a partially full tank, world loads up fine with tank properly broken afterwards: http://pastebin.com/TBivJBDG

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, its working now, although I'm having difficulty with the fruit.
Just a wee note though, I'd recommend using Lumien's Resource Loader Mod if alongside the custom crops system as it negates the need for a texture pack, so users will have the textures by default.
If I understand correctly I think you can use this instead of a resourcepack by putting the textures in the right folder. I don't think I need to specifically add support for it, I might be wrong though.

Edit: And found you a crash report, occurs while breaking any part of a partially full tank, world loads up fine with tank properly broken afterwards: http://pastebin.com/TBivJBDG
I'm aware of it and it has been fixed, thanks for notifying me anyway.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
If I understand correctly I think you can use this instead of a resourcepack by putting the textures in the right folder. I don't think I need to specifically add support for it, I might be wrong though.
I wasn't saying you needed to add support for it, I was making note of the fact that its a great way to handle the textures for anyone else wanting to use the custom crops :)

Edit: Found a wee render issue with Natura Barley and Cotton upon updating to 1.1.0. They are both using the same set of textures, using the Barley textures for the first stages of growth, and then some of the cotton textures for the last stages of growth. So when planted they both look like barley, but at fully grown they look like a not quite fully grown cotton.
iHRjyBz.png

Edit2: Can you confirm that the fruit option for custom crops works with non-vanilla outputs? I can get it to work with vanilla items outright, but trying items from a few different mods to test, and all of them just result in a plant which produces nothing when fully grown.

Last edited:
Reactions: InfinityRaider

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for my late response, but edits don't give me notifications.

Edit: Found a wee render issue with Natura Barley and Cotton upon updating to 1.1.0. They are both using the same set of textures, using the Barley textures for the first stages of growth, and then some of the cotton textures for the last stages of growth. So when planted they both look like barley, but at fully grown they look like a not quite fully grown cotton.
easy fix, thanks for notifying me

Edit2: Can you confirm that the fruit option for custom crops works with non-vanilla outputs? I can get it to work with vanilla items outright, but trying items from a few different mods to test, and all of them just result in a plant which produces nothing when fully grown.
Ehm, i'll look at this.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I've released 1.1.1 on CurseForge, this has some bugfixes, but mostly better config reading: it no longer crashes when you specify something wrong, instead it tells you what's wrong in the log and skips that line.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This update changed some things in the code when reading configs. I highly suggest regenerating the mutations file:
- If you specified any custom mutations, back them up first.
- In the main config, set regenerate defaults back to true.
- Run minecraft
- Copy your custom mutations back in

Changelog:
-Fixed Null Pointer Exception in certain cases when breaking tanks
-Fixed config reading bug
-Custom Plants will now correctly drop their fruit if their fruit is a seed
-Plants rendering in a cross will now render 4 smaller plants again
-PMP & Natura crops now render with the correct icons again
-Moved custom crops registering to post init to allow other mod items (which might register in init) to be used as drops
-Instead of crashing the game, faulty config entries will be pointed out in the log (back up your old configs and enable regenerate defaults in the main config)
-Updated the NEI handler to show required blocks below/near
-Added a config to specify fertile soils for crops

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
Will a portable analyser be added in the future? I'm currently grinding the hell out of thephoenixlodge's regrowth pack and one thing that would save a lot of time is if you were able to analyse the actual crop, without needing to destroy it and then analyse the seed.

Great mod, really makes me appreciate the little bit of OCD I have (Having all my seeds be 10,10,10 before starting any mutations).
Most fun I've had with a farming/plant mod. EVER.

Reactions: InfinityRaider

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Will a portable analyser be added in the future? I'm currently grinding the hell out of thephoenixlodge's regrowth pack and one thing that would save a lot of time is if you were able to analyse the actual crop, without needing to destroy it and then analyse the seed.
Not sure yet if I want to add that, analyzing a seed when it is still under ground doesn't really make sense. I might add it, but it'll probably be disabled in the config by default.

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the portable version could only analyse mature plants? Looking at the "quality" of the fruit/seeds that it produces one would be able to measure some (if not all) the traits of the parent? Maybe analysing would yield the lowest and/or the highest trait of the given plant, leaving the rest unknown.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the portable version could only analyse mature plants? Looking at the "quality" of the fruit/seeds that it produces one would be able to measure some (if not all) the traits of the parent? Maybe analysing would yield the lowest and/or the highest trait of the given plant, leaving the rest unknown.
And then requiring multiple analyser passes? Could work but I'd have to rewrite some things.

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
Not necessarily. You can only analyse it once and then it shows up with 2 of the traits known (highest and lowest or 2 at random) with the third being a 0 or unknown. You can destroy the crop and do a full analysis on the seed, or make assumptions on what the third trait can be and leave the mature plant as is.