[1.7.10] AgriCraft

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Botania's Horn of the Wild is designed for clearing lots of plants at once. It'd be really nice if it harvested mature crops instead of breaking them. (Right now it actually breaks the crops, including the crop frame, which was kind of surprising!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1SDAN

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Botania's Horn of the Wild is designed for clearing lots of plants at once. It'd be really nice if it harvested mature crops instead of breaking them. (Right now it actually breaks the crops, including the crop frame, which was kind of surprising!)
I'll look at it, and by harvesting do you mean harvesting (dropping fruit and resetting growth) or removing the plant (dropping seed and fruit if matured)?

Btw sneak peak for next version: valves are almost a thing:
422342825b.png

credits for model to @nimO

Last edited:

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
I'll look at it, and by harvesting do you mean harvesting (dropping fruit and resetting growth) or removing the plant (dropping seed and fruit if matured)?

It completely breaks all plants, except the special Botania ones. A separate horn breaks leaves. If this doesn't seem like a good fit to you, then a separate suggestion is to add an "area of effect harvest" tool.

Btw sneak peak for next version: valves are almost a thing:
SNIP
credits for model to @nimO

Nice! :)

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
Really simple suggestion: Add a separate config option for "weeds kill plants". (That way you can have weeds hinder crossbreeding, but not eat your entire garden.)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Keep forgetting to report this, and I don't know if you've addressed it already, but the conversion of x shaped plants to the # shape in the newest release seems to have the intersections not quite lining up in the middle of the texture. The crops also seem to render a lot darker than they did in previous versions

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Keep forgetting to report this, and I don't know if you've addressed it already, but the conversion of x shaped plants to the # shape in the newest release seems to have the intersections not quite lining up in the middle of the texture. The crops also seem to render a lot darker than they did in previous versions

The intersection thingy is fixed, but the darker rendering, do you mean the cropsticks or the actual crops, because I haven't really noticed that myself

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
wouldnt that then be the same as not having weeds?
Similar. However, instead of coming back to have your garden eaten by the weeds, it would only eat your crossbreed slots. You'd loose a bunch of crop sticks, and you wouldn't have made any progress on your breeding program, but it's more forgiving than having it eat your plants up. (Just a thought :) )

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
Similar. However, instead of coming back to have your garden eaten by the weeds, it would only eat your crossbreed slots. You'd loose a bunch of crop sticks, and you wouldn't have made any progress on your breeding program, but it's more forgiving than having it eat your plants up. (Just a thought :) )

At the moment weeds only spawn in empty crops and also only spread to empty crops. Weeds do NOT spread to crops with a plant in them.

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I know it is possible to add new mutations and plants via config but is it possible for me to add something like,

1.) Great wood sapling + shimmerleaf = chance to mutate into silverwood sapling? Both the great wood and silverwood sapling should be considered matured as sapling?
2.) Growing of shimmerleaf and when right clicked on gives you a shimmerleaf flower?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment weeds only spawn in empty crops and also only spread to empty crops. Weeds do NOT spread to crops with a plant in them.
They do though.

Hmm, I know it is possible to add new mutations and plants via config but is it possible for me to add something like,

1.) Great wood sapling + shimmerleaf = chance to mutate into silverwood sapling? Both the great wood and silverwood sapling should be considered matured as sapling?
2.) Growing of shimmerleaf and when right clicked on gives you a shimmerleaf flower?
saplings are not plants, they grow trees, and I have no intent to make trees plantable on crops because it doesn't make sense.
And what exactly do you mean with the second?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
They do though.

saplings are not plants, they grow trees, and I have no intent to make trees plantable on crops because it doesn't make sense.
And what exactly do you mean with the second?

1. Sounds fair on the tree sapling part.

2. Basically I'm asking if Thaumcraft 4.2 Shimmerleaf could be grown in the crop and when matured, can be harvested for the flower itself?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Basically I'm asking if Thaumcraft 4.2 Shimmerleaf could be grown in the crop and when matured, can be harvested for the flower itself?

Shimerleaf doesn't have seeds, what you can do is add in a new crop that produces the flower. Add the following line in the custom crops config (enable custom crops first in the main config file).
The text at the end can be replaced by whatever description you want. 3 is the tier of the seed, can be anything from 1 to 5 and 1 is the rendertype, I recommend using one, because then you can use the thaumcraft texture as a base and start off of that one.
Code:
Shimmerleaf,Thaumcraft:blockCustomPlant:2,null,3,1,The shimmerleaf is liked by most, especially by thaumaturges.

Then you will have to make 4 crop textures (for each growth stage 1) and put these in a new resource pack under agricraft/textures/blocks/
cropShimmerleaf1
cropShimmerleaf2
cropShimmerleaf3
cropShimmerleaf4

And also one texture for the seeds, which goes in agricraft/textures/seeds/
seedShimmerleaf

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, is there a minimum height the sprinkler has to be to provide irrigation to a 9 by 9 plot?

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
They do though.

Thank goodness... I read through the tile entity several times thinking I was misunderstanding something!

Anyway, it seemed like you would only need to add a single check in the crop's tile entity to keep weeds from spreading over existing crops.