[1.7.10] AgriCraft

DcNdrew

Jul 29, 2019
I'll wait one or two weeks to gather some more bug reports and then I'll be releasing this mod for real (meaning you are allowed to use it in your packs) and I will be making a thread on the Minecraft Forum (god have mercy on my soul).
Whoopies! :D
I'm making a modpack, which is based on survival and building medieval towns. The main mods are Ancient Warfare, Custom Ore Gen, EnviroMine, Hunger Overhaul, Nature Overhaul, Iguana's Tweaks and Tinker's Construct. Pam's Harvestcraft is in it too, and I found your mod. I like it, so I put it in my pack, without any question :S, but my pack is in a closed beta version, so I'm testing too. :D

Reactions: InfinityRaider

DcNdrew

Jul 29, 2019
Well, irrigation: How can I use it? Rain fills the tank slowly but surely, channel lead it to sprinklers and this system is doing what exactly? Can I turn off watering someway if I don't need it? The tank is becoming empty fast. Thanks! :)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Well, irrigation: How can I use it? Rain fills the tank slowly but surely, channel lead it to sprinklers and this system is doing what exactly? Can I turn off watering someway if I don't need it? The tank is becoming empty fast. Thanks! :)
I'm aware of the fast draining, in the meantime I've already reduced the water usage to a 4th of what it was. But still, if it's not raining, the tank will empty. The only way to consistently keep land irrigated now is by using Mekanism pumps or Thermal Foundation Aqueous (our however it is spelled) Accumulators. I've been thinking about this for a while, and one of the things I've considered is making it so that keeping farmland wet doesn't consume water, but irrigating plants does.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it is a bug or a feature but breaking the sprinkler yields nothing back.

Also, think you could make the components for the whole irrigation system slightly sturdier? It breaks too fast even when only using bare hand.

But overall, I really do like the whole feel of the mod. Please do keep Agricraft alive. :D

DcNdrew

Jul 29, 2019
Well... Can I ask you an option? I'm thinking that I'll disable water and lava source placing (like in Terrafirmacraft). So here it is: You can't place water sources, no way to make irrigation. But you could fill your tanks by an option with flowing water. So if you find a spring, you can fill your tanks with that and you can lead it to your sprinklers. If you plays with classic water, you can disable this option, but in my way you can have a more realistic stuff.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it is a bug or a feature but breaking the sprinkler yields nothing back.

Also, think you could make the components for the whole irrigation system slightly sturdier? It breaks too fast even when only using bare hand.

But overall, I really do like the whole feel of the mod. Please do keep Agricraft alive. :D

Thanks, i'll fix that one hit block breaking.

Well... Can I ask you an option? I'm thinking that I'll disable water and lava source placing (like in Terrafirmacraft). So here it is: You can't place water sources, no way to make irrigation. But you could fill your tanks by an option with flowing water. So if you find a spring, you can fill your tanks with that and you can lead it to your sprinklers. If you plays with classic water, you can disable this option, but in my way you can have a more realistic stuff.

So when flowing water flows on top of a tank, it would fill up the tank. But then does it consume the water or not?

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
I am running a Cauldron server (1.7.10-1.1231.04.209) and noticed bad client side lag when entering into a village that has a green house and irrigation system. I can get the lag to stop by breaking the channel attached to the tank. When I add the channel back that lag returns. I played with the size of the tank and noticed that the larger the tank the greater the lag.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I am running a Cauldron server (1.7.10-1.1231.04.209) and noticed bad client side lag when entering into a village that has a green house and irrigation system. I can get the lag to stop by breaking the channel attached to the tank. When I add the channel back that lag returns. I played with the size of the tank and noticed that the larger the tank the greater the lag.
Is there any water in the tank?

DcNdrew

Jul 29, 2019
So when flowing water flows on top of a tank, it would fill up the tank. But then does it consume the water or not?
In my thought it works like this: I can't place source block, so where are one, it's a real "infinite" watersource. Like a spring on the side of rock or a river and so. Normally on a rock you won't search for other sources of water, those come from that hole/crack in it. :) You can use it as you like. In AgriCraft you could put tank under flowing water and if it saw the flowing water, it starts to fill up with water without doing anything while there is flowing water. This is too cheap on normal Minecraft, but when you can't put source block, it's okay, because that source block works like a real "infinite" water.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Tried it with and without water thinking the same thing. :)
The channel does some calculations if it is connected to a tank to calculate the tank's waterlevel and the channel's water level so that the height of the water in both becomes equal.
When there is a lot of water in the tank (the level is sufficiently higher then the connection) or there is no water in the tank, this calculation is very simple (either put all liquid in the tank or set the channel's water content to the maximum). When the water level is in between those two, this calculation is a bit more extensive.

I'm also rewriting these calculations because I made a mistake, maybe this will fix your lag, maybe not. I have not experienced any lag yet, I'm not sure if there are any others who are experiencing lag.
And this lag, is it only clientside or on the server as well? Because it might just be because of my rendering code.

Last edited:

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
And this lag, is these only clientside or on the server as well? Because it might just be because of my rendering code.

My suspicion is that it's client side. From the feel it's like a bunch of client update events get queued up and are pending processing. For example, other players on the server are doing their thing without issue, and when I toggle daylight they see the change while I still see night. I will eventually see it turn to day - about 30 seconds or so later.

I have also issued commands directly on the server console when I am experiencing this lag. The server responds pretty quickly, and TPS shows near 20 (normal for the server).

A note on possible render issues. I put down a bunch of crops with pumpkins, and if I look at the field at a certain angle the graphics of the crops go weird. Anecdotally it also seems memory use on the client when this happens. I remove the crops and restart my client and I don't see this change in memory when moving around the general area.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
My suspicion is that it's client side. From the feel it's like a bunch of client update events get queued up and are pending processing. For example, other players on the server are doing their thing without issue, and when I toggle daylight they see the change while I still see night. I will eventually see it turn to day - about 30 seconds or so later.

I have also issued commands directly on the server console when I am experiencing this lag. The server responds pretty quickly, and TPS shows near 20 (normal for the server).
Ok, so it is rendering, I'll look at improving it.

A note on possible render issues. I put down a bunch of crops with pumpkins, and if I look at the field at a certain angle the graphics of the crops go weird. Anecdotally it also seems memory use on the client when this happens. I remove the crops and restart my client and I don't see this change in memory when moving around the general area.

Can you send a screenshot of this please?

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
2014-12-17_11.13.23.png

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I have uploaded the first actual release to CurseForge.

Changelog:
-Waila and magnifying glass only show stats of analyzed plants
-Sprinklers consume less water and irrigate plants much much slower (it was quite op before)
-Changed the way custom wood recipes are handled, they now show up in NEI
-Sprinkler now always drops the right item
-Tanks, channels and sprinklers are no longer destroyed in one hit
-The math behind irrigation systems is now correct
-Made irrigation systems less network intensive
-In the journal, when a fruit is a block, it now loads the texture correctly
-Fixed some crop rendering derps (Marcin212)
-World gen blocks no longer generate in greenhouses
-Added weeds

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I released a small update, mostly bugfixes. Can be downloaded from curseforge once the file is approved.

Changelog:
-Fixed shift-clicking crops crash
-Water residue after breaking a tank now flows
-Fixed a spelling error in the en_US.lang file
-Disabling Vanilla farming in the config actually disables Vanilla farming
-sprinkler now uses oak planks as breaking particles instead of missing textures
-tanks will never fill up in deserts (it can rain in deserts apparently, but it doesn't render the particles)