[1.7.10] AgriCraft

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Actually spaces at the end of lines might be the issue, its not something I'd really thought to look for.
Oh and I've also just put up a thread for the pack I'm intending to use this in if you wanted to check out what the pack will be like. Link's the second one in the text in my signature

I've implemented the following:
There is now another config file generated where you can specify mutation override chances for seeds.
The logic follows this algorithm:
- Crosscrop waits for growth tick. On growth tick, it finds the plant to start growing on the crop. This is either one of the surrounding plants, or a mutation (based on the global mutation chance in the config).
- Then it looks in the overrides if the user has defined an override for that crop. If not then it will have 75% chance to place the crop. If it finds an override it will have that chance to place the plant. (meaning if you override a certain plant to 0, it will never spread)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I've implemented the following:
There is now another config file generated where you can specify mutation override chances for seeds.
The logic follows this algorithm:
- Crosscrop waits for growth tick. On growth tick, it finds the plant to start growing on the crop. This is either one of the surrounding plants, or a mutation (based on the global mutation chance in the config).
- Then it looks in the overrides if the user has defined an override for that crop. If not then it will have 75% chance to place the crop. If it finds an override it will have that chance to place the plant. (meaning if you override a certain plant to 0, it will never spread)
Okay that is awesome. Can't wait to play with this once you release it.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Ive implemented the village world generation; There is one version with an irrigation system, which should be quite rare and one without (a bit more common).
601f07dcea.png

d0cc3e62b2.png

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Ive implemented the village world generation; There is one version with an irrigation system, which should be quite rare and one without (a bit more common).
601f07dcea.png

d0cc3e62b2.png
Looks awesome, however, I think to more it more "village-y" it needs less glass/more stairs. Keep it up!

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Looks awesome, however, I think to more it more "village-y" it needs less glass/more stairs. Keep it up!
Problem is without glass it wouldn't be a greenhouse, maybe if you have something better in mind, you can always send me a mcEdit schematic.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Next version is out:
For now I'll be working on fixing bugs and adding some tools to assist in farming. After that this mod should be ready for its real release.

-Config option to get more crops per crafting operation
-Added support to translate the journal to other languages
-Fixed a crash with GregTech installed
-Fixed derpy directory on Linux
-Railcraft Hidden Blocks no longer prevent crops from being placed
-Added a config file to override mutation chances for seeds
-Fixed Seed Analyzer crash
-Added a config file to blacklist seeds
-Higher tier seeds will now mutate with lower chances and spread a lot slower to adjacent crosscrops
-Added language support for tooltips
-Added greenhouses to villages (can be disabled in the config)
-Added MFR integration
-Upgraded Forge to 1230
-Added Thaumcraft integration (golem harvesting and aspects)

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Next version is out:
For now I'll be working on fixing bugs and adding some tools to assist in farming. After that this mod should be ready for its real release.

-Config option to get more crops per crafting operation
-Added support to translate the journal to other languages
-Fixed a crash with GregTech installed
-Fixed derpy directory on Linux
-Railcraft Hidden Blocks no longer prevent crops from being placed
-Added a config file to override mutation chances for seeds
-Fixed Seed Analyzer crash
-Added a config file to blacklist seeds
-Higher tier seeds will now mutate with lower chances and spread a lot slower to adjacent crosscrops
-Added language support for tooltips
-Added greenhouses to villages (can be disabled in the config)
-Added MFR integration
-Upgraded Forge to 1230
-Added Thaumcraft integration (golem harvesting and aspects)
First Bug of the Version: You seem to have an inadvertent dependency on MFR

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
First Bug of the Version: You seem to have an inadvertent dependency on MFR
Are you sure, i've removed MFR from my environment and it launches, I'll add in an additional check to be sure, file should be up on curseforge within this and 10-15mins.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure, i've removed MFR from my environment and it launches, I'll add in an additional check to be sure, file should be up on curseforge within this and 10-15mins.
Well this new version certainly fixed the NoClassDefFound error I was getting. Really liking the way this mod is shaping up, it's quickly becoming amazing.
Found a bit of a corner case issue for you though. Your irrigation channels and tanks don't appreciate trying to be crafted using an item that's been oredicted to planks (Crash log). It seems to me that its due to just making the presumption that planks will always be a block and are using that to get the texture or something?
As far as a fix goes, is it possible to have a check which would make it default to just crafting the block, but have it default to oak texture if it fails to determine a texture?

Edit: I've also got another suggestion for you. Would it be possible to make it so that mutations require having a specific block nearby? It'd be the last thing I'd need so that I could disable vanilla farming in my pack.

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Found a bit of a corner case issue for you though. Your irrigation channels and tanks don't appreciate trying to be crafted using an item that's been oredicted to planks (Crash log). It seems to me that its due to just making the presumption that planks will always be a block and are using that to get the texture or something?
As far as a fix goes, is it possible to have a check which would make it default to just crafting the block, but have it default to oak texture if it fails to determine a texture?
I have this implemented, but only later when you actually managed to make the tank/channel. I thought I fixed this, but I only fixed it in one place in my code. I'm going to prevent anything that isen't a block from becoming a channel/tank. Thanks for the report.

Edit: I've also got another suggestion for you. Would it be possible to make it so that mutations require having a specific block nearby? It'd be the last thing I'd need so that I could disable vanilla farming in my pack.
You mean like having the gold ore underneath a plant that makes gold nuggets, or something more specific?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I have this implemented, but only later when you actually managed to make the tank/channel. I thought I fixed this, but I only fixed it in one place in my code. I'm going to prevent anything that isen't a block from becoming a channel/tank. Thanks for the report.

You mean like having the gold ore underneath a plant that makes gold nuggets, or something more specific?
Yea along those lines. Doesn't necessarily have to be below the farmland though.
The use case I'd have for it is that I currently can't quite disable vanilla crops as one of witchery's mutating sprig mutations requires a fully grown wheat. I could add the crop you get as a result of the sprig mutation to the agricraft mutations, but then it loses its gating behind the spirit world that it otherwise has. As such, if there was a way to make a nearby block be specified for a custom mutation I could make it require wispy cotton, and as such maintain the gating witchery has for it.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Yea along those lines. Doesn't necessarily have to be below the farmland though.
The use case I'd have for it is that I currently can't quite disable vanilla crops as one of witchery's mutating sprig mutations requires a fully grown wheat. I could add the crop you get as a result of the sprig mutation to the agricraft mutations, but then it loses its gating behind the spirit world that it otherwise has. As such, if there was a way to make a nearby block be specified for a custom mutation I could make it require wispy cotton, and as such maintain the gating witchery has for it.

I'll have to rewrite quite some things, but I'm working on it at the moment.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
There is a very confusing typo in the config:
# set to true if you wish to disable resource crops [default: false]
B:"Resource Crops"=false

I assumed this meant that resource crops were already enabled, so I spent quite some time before I realized setting that true enabled them :p

It should say:
# set to true if you wish to enable resource crops [default: false]

Also I noticed that if you enable that option after generating your Mutations.txt it doesn't automatically update it. Not sure if that is intentional or not.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
There is a very confusing typo in the config:
# set to true if you wish to disable resource crops [default: false]
B:"Resource Crops"=false

I assumed this meant that resource crops were already enabled, so I spent quite some time before I realized setting that true enabled them :p

It should say:
# set to true if you wish to enable resource crops [default: false]
Yes, I noticed that derp myself yesterday and fixed it already, thanks for letting me know though

Also I noticed that if you enable that option after generating your Mutations.txt it doesn't automatically update it. Not sure if that is intentional or not.
You just have to toggle generate defaults back to true. I didn't let it do it automatically because if people put in a whole lot of custom mutations they would be overridden, now they can backup their custom mutations, let the mod generate the defaults and then they can copy paste their mutations back in.
If you want to have the default mutations for resource crops generated, just toggle the generate defaults option back to true.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I've released the final beta version of AgriCraft on curseforge. I'll wait one or two weeks to gather some more bug reports and then I'll be releasing this mod for real (meaning you are allowed to use it in your packs) and I will be making a thread on the Minecraft Forum (god have mercy on my soul).
Thanks to everyone who has been testing this and coping with lots of bugs and derps.

Anyway, I've rewritten mutations so it's possible I broke some things. I've done some testing myself, and so far everything seems to work as intended.
I've also updated the OP and added more and extensive information about the mod;

Changelog:

-Fixed crash if OreDictionary planks weren't blocks
-Underped resource crops in the configs
-Rewrote mutations
-Added special mutations: either require a specific block near or a base block in order to mutate
-Set magical crops seeds to tier 4
-Added Waila integration for crops, tanks and irrigation channels
-Added gardening trowel: can be used to move plants from one corp to another
-Added magnifying glass: use to inspect crops

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Very cool mod. I like IC2 crops, but don't like what they are doing with the machines. It's nice to have alternatives. :)

Suggestion for greenhouse generation. I noticed that in some cases when the greenhouse generates in uneven terrain it has blocks inside that are not natural. May want to generate the inside of the greenhouse as "air" to clear out those blocks.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Very cool mod. I like IC2 crops, but don't like what they are doing with the machines. It's nice to have alternatives. :)

Suggestion for greenhouse generation. I noticed that in some cases when the greenhouse generates in uneven terrain it has blocks inside that are not natural. May want to generate the inside of the greenhouse as "air" to clear out those blocks.

Ok, thanks for letting me know