[1.7.10] AgriCraft

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
All right. I'm testing with HarvestCraft crops, more specifically cross-breeding bean and rice for soy. This is what I get when I attempt to harvest any of the three crops via right-click:

[13:40:31] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Attempted to add a EntityItem to the world with a invalid item at (-144.52, 79.60, -82.82), this is most likely a config issue between you and the server. Please double check your configs
It's definatly this, I'm going to do some research

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Now 0.0.9 is out, this makes it compatible with Hunger Overhaul

-Further work on irrigation systems
-Changed some methods for dropping seeds and fruits in the world when harvesting crops
-AgriCraft should now be compatible with Hunger Overhaul

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
It works!

An oddity, though, is that when you harvest via right-click now it drops a seed and crop sticks as well, as if you left-clicked it, but otherwise acts as if right-clicked. Intentional or a side-effect of the fix?

Also, would it be possible to add a config option to enable/disable the ability to plant analyzed/'crop planted' seeds on regular farmland? Maybe have them revert to standard seeds of that crop type instead if you try to?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
It works!

An oddity, though, is that when you harvest via right-click now it drops a seed and crop sticks as well, as if you left-clicked it, but otherwise acts as if right-clicked. Intentional or a side-effect of the fix?

Also, would it be possible to add a config option to enable/disable the ability to plant analyzed/'crop planted' seeds on regular farmland? Maybe have them revert to standard seeds of that crop type instead if you try to?

Wait what, it shouldn't do that, it happened at first, but then i fixed it. And for the analyzed seeds, I'm planning on adding a tileEntity to crops planted with analyzed seeds. The plant would just behave as normal, but when you break it, the seeds will retain the data.

EDIT: Ok, it happens when you right click without an empty hand, just a matter of putting a statement on the wrong side of a bracket, hotfix incoming -.-

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, build 0.0.9a is out, this fixes the derps in the previous build (bonemeal not working and item duping when Hunger Overhaul is installed). Now it should run nicely along Hunger Overhaul.

-Further work on irrigation systems
-Changed some methods for dropping seeds and fruits in the world when harvesting crops
-AgriCraft should now be compatible with Hunger Overhaul
-Fixed duping bug with Hunger Overhaul installed
-Fixed bonemeal not working with Hunger Overhaul installed

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Progress on irrigation systems, first I have to make it spin and then I need to figure out how to do particles

393aeb0626.png

rckymtnrfc

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered this mod and first let me say YES! I always loved the IC2 crop system but since I don't play with IC2 this is awesome. My girlfriend always thought I was crazy just cross breeding plants all the time. She found it so boring.

So, I grabbed this and have it installed alongside Hunger Overhaul and Pam's Harvestcraft. I've setup Harvestcraft to not spawn the 'gardens' all over. I want to instead have to cross breed plants to get items from Harvestcraft.

Anyway, the real reason for this post besides my praise for your mod. Is there a trick to placing crops? I've got a 9x9 circle of tiled land surrounding a water source block and I'm only able to place the crops in certain blocks. Not sure why some would work and others not. I setup 2 crops with a space in between, then placed the center set of crops. I then changed my mind and broke one of the outside crops to change the seeds but was unable to place it again.

I restarted the server and client and now I'm able to place in more spaces but there are some that still won't work.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered this mod and first let me say YES! I always loved the IC2 crop system but since I don't play with IC2 this is awesome. My girlfriend always thought I was crazy just cross breeding plants all the time. She found it so boring.

So, I grabbed this and have it installed alongside Hunger Overhaul and Pam's Harvestcraft. I've setup Harvestcraft to not spawn the 'gardens' all over. I want to instead have to cross breed plants to get items from Harvestcraft.

Anyway, the real reason for this post besides my praise for your mod. Is there a trick to placing crops? I've got a 9x9 circle of tiled land surrounding a water source block and I'm only able to place the crops in certain blocks. Not sure why some would work and others not. I setup 2 crops with a space in between, then placed the center set of crops. I then changed my mind and broke one of the outside crops to change the seeds but was unable to place it again.

I restarted the server and client and now I'm able to place in more spaces but there are some that still won't work.

Sounds like server/client desyncs, I'll look into it. Also are you running the latest version?

rckymtnrfc

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I'll be checking back often. Really excited about this mod and the ability to have food something I breed to create vs just find laying around.

I just started a new world with a custom mod pack and I'll let you know if I see any other wonky behavior. Thanks again!

rckymtnrfc

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of quick bugs/issues I noticed. When used with Hunger Overhaul, this causes the crops to grow quicker than Hunger Overhaul allows for vanilla/Pam's crops. Perhaps if Hunger Overhaul is detected, you could slow the growth rate of seeds on crops? Or give us an option in the config. I think Hunger Overhaul does this by increasing the growth time by 4.

Also, a small bug. You can not open doors (and I'd assume trap doors and fence gates) while holding your seeds. Vanilla wheat seeds are not a problem but once they've been analyzed, I am unable to trigger doors to open.

This may be the same issue in reverse but you can't harvest crops unless you hand is empty. Not sure if that is intended or a bug.

=)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of quick bugs/issues I noticed. When used with Hunger Overhaul, this causes the crops to grow quicker than Hunger Overhaul allows for vanilla/Pam's crops. Perhaps if Hunger Overhaul is detected, you could slow the growth rate of seeds on crops? Or give us an option in the config. I think Hunger Overhaul does this by increasing the growth time by 4.

Also, a small bug. You can not open doors (and I'd assume trap doors and fence gates) while holding your seeds. Vanilla wheat seeds are not a problem but once they've been analyzed, I am unable to trigger doors to open.

This may be the same issue in reverse but you can't harvest crops unless you hand is empty. Not sure if that is intended or a bug.

=)

Harvesting with empty hand only is intentional, I can change this. The seeds not opening doors is a little side-effect of something else, I can fix that too (it' something I overlooked), thanks for the reports I'll fix those asap. About the growth rate, I don't know how Hunger Overhaul does this, I'll have to do some research for that.

rckymtnrfc

Jul 29, 2019
I vote for changing the harvesting with an empty hand. As I harvest, my hotbar fills up and then I have to move things to continue harvesting. Of course I'm just one opinion and once I get farther along and automated, it won't be as big an issue.

Have I mentioned how little work I've done at work today because I'm playing with your mod. If I get caught, I'm blaming you. =)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a thing in this mod to disable normal farming? I think there should be.
It's on the list now

I vote for changing the harvesting with an empty hand. As I harvest, my hotbar fills up and then I have to move things to continue harvesting. Of course I'm just one opinion and once I get farther along and automated, it won't be as big an issue.

Have I mentioned how little work I've done at work today because I'm playing with your mod. If I get caught, I'm blaming you. =)

You're right it doesn't rly make sense to demand an empty hand to harvest

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

Basically how I feel with Blood Magic's altar.