1.6.4 Modpack releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelegendback

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate will stay where it is, a 1.4.7 mod pack. There won't be a new pack called Ultimate, it was superseded by Unleashed for 1.5, and soon by Monster for 1.6.
Uhm i might have over read this, but where did you get the information that the new pack is called Monster?

KingR17

Jul 29, 2019
Really excited for the upcoming packs!
Also I watched some testers while they're testing those coming packs and it looks nice :D
I also have a question, does the packs getting on the current launcher means the new launcher is not coming or is it still WIP ?

The launcher is still in development, but the work to upgrade it is larger than anticipated so they are releasing the modpacks before the launcher is out. They don't have an anticipated time of completion because that's basically a guess that could be completely wrong.

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really looking forward to seeing the mod lists for Magic/Tech World 2. I remember back when the mod packs to choose from were quite limited and these were some of the few, it will be interesting to see how they've developed

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm i might have over read this, but where did you get the information that the new pack is called Monster?

or maybe the final pack will be called Zenith?

I'm glad they are taking there time to work through mod selection and balance ... and open to suggestions ;)

jeopa007

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds very interesting, It makes me actual feel that there are people working on it, when sometimes it Feels like FTB is dead

Rasmus1756

Jul 29, 2019
When I download the new DireWolf20 pack and it's never starting up, so I am unable to play this new awesome pack...
Somethine I do?

ModdedMichael1989

Jul 29, 2019
Hey slowpoke I'm not critizing or anything but when I'm on multiplayer for dw20s new pack we have problems on our server (i am not an admin just a player of the server) the admins on their website confirmed this morning there might be a problem with the pack. Im not completely sure but the lag is awful and we have chunk error loads in the world. The admins are still looking into it but this also happens in single player. Just though it might be something to look into thanks slowpoke.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hey slowpoke I'm not critizing or anything but when I'm on multiplayer for dw20s new pack we have problems on our server (i am not an admin just a player of the server) the admins on their website confirmed this morning there might be a problem with the pack. Im not completely sure but the lag is awful and we have chunk error loads in the world. The admins are still looking into it but this also happens in single player. Just though it might be something to look into thanks slowpoke.
First, read the post JUST above your post.
Second, if you want help you need to way more specific than just saying "it lags and we get errors". Make a post on the tech support forum and someone might be able to help you.

ModdedMichael1989

Jul 29, 2019
First, read the post JUST above your post.
Second, if you want help you need to way more specific than just saying "it lags and we get errors". Make a post on the tech support forum and someone might be able to help you.

First I'm not asking for help so you can calm yourself
Second I'm not posting this on behalf of my server. By lags i mean block mining lags and by errors i mean world chunk errors. I'm sorry if you were lead otherwise. I was posting this so that slowpoke is aware of the situation and to see if there were others experiencing the same issue

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
First I'm not asking for help so you can calm yourself
Second I'm not posting this on behalf of my server. By lags i mean block mining lags and by errors i mean world chunk errors. I'm sorry if you were lead otherwise. I was posting this so that slowpoke is aware of the situation and to see if there were others experiencing the same issue
I am completely calm and was only trying to direct you to the proper place to report those things. If you read this thread you will see the main contributer is Ashzification saying this is not a feedback/bugreport/techsupport thread and telling people to go else where to do so. But apparently she will have to do so AGAIN..

EDIT: :p

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly can't wait for the new mod packs. Since I've been busy for the past month, I couldn't really get back into playing Feed the Beast Ultimate. I really can't wait for the new Monster pack that's coming up.

In a side note, I may be one of the few people who likes Gregtech from the FTB Ultimate pack (I don't like the changed recipes, mind you, but I like the various machines and power generators I have played around with). I'm just wondering; will there be an FTB mod pack that includes a new version of Gregtech coming in the future and if so, is it possible that it could have Tinker's Construct, another mod I really want to work with, included in the pack as well? If that's not possible, can you tell me why Gregtech and Tinker's Construct can't be included in the pack together? Thanks.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I honestly can't wait for the new mod packs. Since I've been busy for the past month, I couldn't really get back into playing Feed the Beast Ultimate. I really can't wait for the new Monster pack that's coming up.

In a side note, I may be one of the few people who likes Gregtech from the FTB Ultimate pack (I don't like the changed recipes, mind you, but I like the various machines and power generators I have played around with). I'm just wondering; will there be an FTB mod pack that includes a new version of Gregtech coming in the future and if so, is it possible that it could have Tinker's Construct, another mod I really want to work with, included in the pack as well? If that's not possible, can you tell me why Gregtech and Tinker's Construct can't be included in the pack together? Thanks.
There has been mentioned somewhere that there might be a FTB gregtech pack in the future if they can find people with a lot of experience in setting up configs etc. But it was not going to happen in the nearest future.

As for GT and TiCo its probably never going to happen. There is a lot of controversy involved there, but author of GT wont allow it "shipped" in a pack along with TiCo. Also as far as I hear, GT is changing more and more to become a conversion of MC rather than an addon. That also means that it becomes increasingly difficult for other mods to stay compatible with GT, since GT changes so much of the vanilla game.

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm happy FTB is starting to release new mod packs. I'll be keeping an eye out for a futuristic pack that has Galaticraft included.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.