1.6.4 Modpack releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjlaud1

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a download for the new Direwolf20 server? I wanted to get a private server setup this weekend, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Aubinator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably beating a dead horse... and i myself hate to see these posts, but I'm going to say it anyways. I am just confirming what I've read everywhere.

From what I understand:
- FTB Unleashed is dead
- There will be a new modpack released soon to replace Unleashed (under same name? or just similar mods?)

I am not asking for an ETA, just want to verify that i am correct thus far. If there is a plan to replace the old Unleashed with something else, I will wait until it is done. If there are no plans to create a successor, i will just migrate over to the DW20 pack :p It seems close enough!

EDIT: The replacement for FTB Unleashed the new All round pack designed to cater to all tastes, combining old favorites and new into a all new modpack. (ETA 1 Week)

Disregard all above post. This has answered my question... DERP

Apollyon1980

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if they removed the mod that when 50% of the server sleeps the night cycle is reset from the DW20 pack?

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
With the DW20 and Horizons pack released, and an outline to what is proposed for Monster, there's an interesting survey/poll underway on the Reddit:

Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...thebeast_modpack_poll_tell_us_what_youd_like/
or jump to poll results https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1T2dPJtPcCj3uTndfXyk3uYhbYyoentt8Yatbem_cZRc/viewanalytics

Over 500 responses to date, with the majority looking for a pack which is
  • Normal-hard,
  • similar oregen to Unleashed,
  • evenly weighted between tech and fantasy,
  • includes GregTech as an option with little (IC2 only) to no nerfs,
  • RotaryCraft and
  • Zan/Voxel minimap
There's also a section for mods you cant live without and would be nice to have.

Reactions: Ashzification

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
With the DW20 and Horizons pack released, and an outline to what is proposed for Monster, there's an interesting survey/poll underway on the Reddit:

Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...thebeast_modpack_poll_tell_us_what_youd_like/
or jump to poll results https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1T2dPJtPcCj3uTndfXyk3uYhbYyoentt8Yatbem_cZRc/viewanalytics

Over 500 responses to date, with the majority looking for a pack which is
  • Normal-hard,
  • similar oregen to Unleashed,
  • evenly weighted between tech and fantasy,
  • includes GregTech as an option with little (IC2 only) to no nerfs,
  • RotaryCraft and
  • Zan/Voxel minimap
There's also a section for mods you cant live without and would be nice to have.
Hmm I might be a bit slow(Probably becayse I only really follow the forum..), but this is for yet another modpack? It says that it is intended to be based on Ultimate, but I thought that was the aim of Monster? After all Monster is said to replace Unleashed which replaced Ultimate. Now I am really confused as it seems you are developing two packs with the same aim?

Or is Monster actually not meant to replace Unleashed? It doesn't really look like it when looking over the mods its planned to include. Any chance someone could reveal to us what the aim/purpose the different packs are supposed to fill? Because I for one is rather confused and I would rather not wait for a pack that turns out not to be what I expected or start with a pack that I don't like 100%, modify it heavily and then find that the pack I actually wanted comes out a week later.

Last edited:

eashonk

Jul 29, 2019
I'd have no problem with it if mods started dealing out warnings/banns for people who don't read the topics or abide the rules

I think a better approach would be a temporary ban, varying in degree depending upon the infraction or repeated infractions.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I think a better approach would be a temporary ban, varying in degree depending upon the infraction or repeated infractions.

a system where a system of 3 point warning with each warning a prolonged temporary ban would be nice. first warning would give you a temporary ban for 2 hours, the second warning a temporary ban for 12 hours and the 3rd warning a temporary ban for a day. after the 3rd warning you warnings are cleared, but if you receive your first warning again, it'll be a ban of 12 hours, the second a ban of a day, and the 3rd a ban of 3 days. and each time with these warnings you ban time will increase

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I might be a bit slow(Probably becayse I only really follow the forum..), but this is for yet another modpack? It says that it is intended to be based on Ultimate, but I thought that was the aim of Monster? After all Monster is said to replace Unleashed which replaced Ultimate. Now I am really confused as it seems you are developing two packs with the same aim?

Or is Monster actually not meant to replace Unleashed? It doesn't really look like it when looking over the mods its planned to include. Any chance someone could reveal to us what the aim/purpose the different packs are supposed to fill? Because I for one is rather confused and I would rather not wait for a pack that turns out not to be what I expected or start with a pack that I don't like 100%, modify it heavily and then find that the pack I actually wanted comes out a week later.

They were talking about a private pack, but its interesting because it reflects a view of what people desire in a new pack -- having viewed the specs that DW20, Horizons and Monster.

I believe the FTB team said Monster pack isnt finalized, so I'm sure these polls/surveys provide them with valuable insight.

It seems plenty of people still want something with the balance and depth of Ultimate/Unleashed, and the FTB packs announced to date arent quite hitting the mark.

Must be a tough job, designing a menu for such a diverse community as ours

Reactions: rhn

Don_Quijote

Jul 29, 2019
basically somebody would have to write a script, converting the world. There would be problems, because some features like multiblock structures, alterable objects etc. would be hard to port exactly the way they where, if an ID has changed. Everybody who has worked with mcedit will know what I'm talking about, there sometimes happens crazy shit, even in vanilla mc...
Would be worth a try to cut out a structure from 1.5. and place it in 1.6, but you would need to check everything or your redstonelight might have changed to a nuke, wouldn't that be funny^^?

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
a system where a system of 3 point warning with each warning a prolonged temporary ban would be nice. first warning would give you a temporary ban for 2 hours, the second warning a temporary ban for 12 hours and the 3rd warning a temporary ban for a day. after the 3rd warning you warnings are cleared, but if you receive your first warning again, it'll be a ban of 12 hours, the second a ban of a day, and the 3rd a ban of 3 days. and each time with these warnings you ban time will increase

We already have a warning points/temp ban/permaban system in place, thanks. ;) That said, if you really feel the current system is in need of improvement, I encourage you to take this suggestion over to Web Feedback. ;)

Reactions: Ashzification

theskipman9o5

Jul 29, 2019
Problem with launcher, it doesn't work for me, problems with duplicate tinkers construct files. Help page - takes me to a forbidden web page what ever that is
Have paste bin log P9AWi0aJ. Ver 1.2.8 worked fine. Have re-installed both Java and launcher twice, still no joy. Noticed that the amount of memory can allocate is now halved. Know this may not be the place to report this but As I said before can use the help button on launcher

Lgweaver

Jul 29, 2019
Also not sure what's going on, but I can not craft any wooden tool except for a shovel. I have tried 2 different singleplayer worlds so far. same result... though the second one I lucked out and got a village next to my spawn with tinkers construct stuff and even a smeltery so the world is playable.

NoirLune86

Jul 29, 2019
for some reason I cant create a new world on any of the new packs. I am using the newest version of Java 7 (64bit) and am giving it the use of 4.5gb of RAM. I keep getting this. Can anyone help me? And sorry if this is the wrong thread...I didn't know whereelse to post this. :/ <script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=DrB7CTDH"></script>

Moumix

Jul 29, 2019
Also not sure what's going on, but I can not craft any wooden tool except for a shovel. I have tried 2 different singleplayer worlds so far. same result... though the second one I lucked out and got a village next to my spawn with tinkers construct stuff and even a smeltery so the world is playable.

Afaik, that's normal with the magic farm modpack. Check Iguana's Tweaks for Tinker's Construct: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1953828-16x-iguana-tweaks-for-tinkers-construct/

Quote from the linked post:
Starting off
The first thing you will notice is that the only tools you can make with wood are shovels, bows and battlesigns. You will need to hunt down some bone or flint to make pickaxe and axe heads. Bone and flint tools have been nerfed somewhat and are on a par with vanilla stone tools, only with slightly less durability. Wood as a material has also been nerfed dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.