1.6.4 Modpack releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalaxal

Jul 29, 2019
God. I wish Mekanism would be added, i really miss that mod, and it's in the voltz pack only, as far as i now.
I agree My the heck is this not in the new mod packs especially Monster it fits perfectly with it. Can you guys try this

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I agree My the heck is this not in the new mod packs especially Monster it fits perfectly with it. Can you guys try this
I think Mekanism's been in a pack before, meaning the pack creators know about that mod. Which probably means they did try it, and found either that it:
  • wasn't something that Slowpoke wanted to use for the FTB map. This is very likely, since the purpose of the Monster pack is to be the pack Slowpoke uses to create the FTB map, it's not based around any kind of theme (ref: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/weekly-news-issue-2.37542/#post-517275)
  • had some kind of inter-mod incompatibility that couldn't be fixed through configs
  • was overpowered either on its own or when combined with another mod in a way which couldn't be fixed through configs

Kalaxal

Jul 29, 2019
I think Mekanism's been in a pack before, meaning the pack creators know about that mod. Which probably means they did try it, and found either that it:
  • wasn't something that Slowpoke wanted to use for the FTB map. This is very likely, since the purpose of the Monster pack is to be the pack Slowpoke uses to create the FTB map, it's not based around any kind of theme (ref: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/weekly-news-issue-2.37542/#post-517275)
  • had some kind of inter-mod incompatibility that couldn't be fixed through configs
  • was overpowered either on its own or when combined with another mod in a way which couldn't be fixed through configs
The mod is kept up to date and is no more over powering than say dartcraft so I just hope that they would give it a chance and at least try it with monster.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I try pretty much every mod that ever shows up on MCF. It is very rare anyone finds a mod I don't already know about.

And no I am not going to start listing the reasons various mods were decided against. As soon as I answer that for one mod I need to answer that for the other hundreds of mods we didn't use.

Everyone always thinks "Well but just say why MY favorite mod didn't make it in"

Yes and then I have to say why everyone else's didn't. I and @Eyamaz are not going down that path.

Edited to add: I can either spend my time testing and updating packs, or spend it going over every mod we didn't use and every config option we change and the rationale behind every little detail. My time is better spent updating and testing.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
I can completely understand not wanting to justify every mods inclusion, but would you be willing to comment on whether FTB has any plans for a new Mekanism/UE pack? If there's enough interest, would you be willing to include a fan made pack focusing on them? I'm not familiar enough with them to put together a pack (I haven't even tried them actually), so this is all hypothetical. I just thought it might be a decent idea since I see a lot of love for Mek, but most of the people discussing our seem to be using Resonant Rise.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I can completely understand not wanting to justify every mods inclusion, but would you be willing to comment on whether FTB has any plans for a new Mekanism/UE pack? If there's enough interest, would you be willing to include a fan made pack focusing on them? I'm not familiar enough with them to put together a pack (I haven't even tried them actually), so this is all hypothetical. I just thought it might be a decent idea since I see a lot of love for Mek, but most of the people discussing our seem to be using Resonant Rise.

No I will not comment on that. Because that leads down the same path of needing to do the same for every mod/modpack idea. Anyone is welcome to submit packs to Watchful.

Kalaxal

Jul 29, 2019
I understand and respect your decision Jadecat I do not expect that at all from you I was just making my opinion known that I was hopeing you guys might give it a try since I had not seen it in the version history I was not sure if it had been tested. I also figured that we should post the mods we like so that you guys know what we want not to say you can make everyone happy I know that's not possible.

Thank you for all the work you do.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
okay, I never knew that because, unlike the description with Unleashed, Monster did not have a very detailed description, whilst almost all other 1.6.4 packs do. but thank you either way

Eyamaz and I wrote the descriptions for all the others.. Slow wrote the Monster description.

Nimmudari

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an area where I can download previous versions of DW20 1.6.4? I would like to get v1.0.14 as 1.0.16 isn't at all working for me.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an area where I can download previous versions of DW20 1.6.4? I would like to get v1.0.14 as 1.0.16 isn't at all working for me.
Click on the Button labelled "Recommended" next to private packs on the launcher while DW20 is selected

Image:
VjZUupi.png

Reactions: Nimmudari
Status
Not open for further replies.