[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I only went for regular splash speed, as the materials are easy to get for that, I don't want to eat into my precious redstone or glowstone supply. Have you automated mushroom production?

Be careful with potion gens, if you get a large stack of splash potions of harming from a nether brick dungeon then the potion gen will accept the whole stack, return an equal stack of water bottles, but only generate the power from one. It's a neat way to get water bottles to stack though!
I shall illustrate my build [as best I can].
Paranoid about pipes crossing chunks so everything I build in CL is contained within a single chunk. Base is 9x9 chunks.
Ha1py5b.png

Cane farm. Dual purpose [paper + sugar]. Going down...
2yISo5T.png

Wart farm.
amD2NC4.png

Shroom farm. Planter has cobble upgrade so mushroom only planted on Mycelium. System sends bonemeal to gate every 10 sec but only if mushroom level falls below 64.
Alsyi40.png

Witch spawner. You CAN omit this, but then you'd need a reliable way to get Glowstone and Spider Eyes, along with Gunpowder. Y no witches? Mine shuts down when useful witch drops are at 64/greater.
mJnOfXc.png

Basement. Everything gets collected here. There's a chest to the right of the barrels where I have SFM keep a single Fermented eye and extra water bottles. From left-to-right the stands brew: Awkward/Poison/Harming/Harming II/Splash Harming II. Tesseracts adjacent to the cell are for Base and Spawner Power. Other Tesseract is putting water into a Transposer [thought gens would give back empty bottles]. Other machine is a Pulverizer grinding down bones and cane if needed [does nothing when 64/more of each]. Still need to setup potion delivery from cell level + may switch stands over to Auto-Brewers [if they're faster than stands and play nice with SFM].
SFM programming can be posted upon request.

Edit: thanks for pointing out the stacking problem. I have no desire ATM to raid those structures so shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: cannajan

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I shall illustrate my build [as best I can].
Witch spawner. You CAN omit this, but then you'd need a reliable way to get Glowstone and Spider Eyes, along with Gunpowder. Y no witches? Mine shuts down when useful witch drops are at 64/greater.
Where did you get a witch from? I've never seen one in this map. Is it something to do with witch water or mycelium?
Shroom farm. Planter has cobble upgrade so mushroom only planted on Mycelium. System sends bonemeal to gate every 10 sec but only if mushroom level falls below 64.
Ah, of course, SFM can bonemeal things but only if the block gate is one space away, right? Thanks!

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Where did you get a witch from? I've never seen one in this map. Is it something to do with witch water or mycelium?

Ah, of course, SFM can bonemeal things but only if the block gate is one space away, right? Thanks!
Priest villager can be converted into a Witch via witch water. Built the auto spawner room. Completed the quest for a villager egg [can also cure zombie villagers via vanilla mechanics/MFR syringe]. Net'd said villager. Put down witch water along back wall of spawn room. Put down MFR conveyors for 10 blocks where water don't reach. Slowly generate villagers until I get a witch then net'd her. Profit. Also used this setup to get me some wither skulls.

I didn't know if the block gate would work until I tried it. It's one-block away because of giant mushroom growth mechanics...although in a previous world, giant mushrooms would grow with an AA bonemealing right next to the mushroom. The block gate may work next to the mushroom as well [but this design is more symmetrical - better looking?].

Reactions: PhilHibbs

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know if the block gate would work until I tried it. It's one-block away because of giant mushroom growth mechanics...although in a previous world, giant mushrooms would grow with an AA bonemealing right next to the mushroom. The block gate may work next to the mushroom as well [but this design is more symmetrical - better looking?].
AAs are designed to right click things. Block Gates only right click they right-click on the block one space away trying to place a block against it, in the adjacent space - they won't try if the adjacent space is already occupied.

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a bug with rednet cable? I use it for lights in my mob tower, and re logging seems to shut it off. Also I can use it to transmit to vanilla redstone, but not vanilla to rednet.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a bug with rednet cable? I use it for lights in my mob tower, and re logging seems to shut it off. Also I can use it to transmit to vanilla redstone, but not vanilla to rednet.

Maybe the user....

But really I never messed with rednet prefering redstone or red alloy wire

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Hi... I having a problem... I have play for a long time without mob griefing... For the first few days I did not know about the fact that was intended to be off... I change it and almost finish the pack now that I'm playing again (same version that before, last one) creepers are exploding everything in my mob farm... Don't know why and I can't turn it off again

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi... I having a problem... I have play for a long time without mob griefing... For the first few days I did not know about the fact that was intended to be off... I change it and almost finish the pack now that I'm playing again (same version that before, last one) creepers are exploding everything in my mob farm... Don't know why and I can't turn it off again

If its the pipes and conveyors then its a bug with pneumatic craft and can't be fixed

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
If its the pipes and conveyors then its a bug with pneumatic craft and can't be fixed

Noup... Literally when they die they destroy everything... Cobblestone, darkglass, machines

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm and you ran the command /gamerule mobGreifing false. Right?

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm and you ran the command /gamerule mobGreifing false. Right?

Yes... And say something that right now I don't remember... Tonight going to post more info

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

Yes it bugs out in the same fashion as TE3 ducts due to relying on FMP. A toggle of the input redstone should fix it. The latter is simply the way the rednet works. If you were to "power" a block with vanilla redstone the rednet should be able to pick it up.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I see the following lines in CodeChickenCore.cfg...
Code:
  #If set to false, leaves will only replace air when growing
   softLeafReplace=false
That's great, but the branches of my oak trees occasionally overwrite Extra Utilities pipes. Is there any way to stop this? I'm in the middle of moving my tree farm at the moment, so it won't be a problem for much longer.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I see the following lines in CodeChickenCore.cfg...
Code:
  #If set to false, leaves will only replace air when growing
   softLeafReplace=false
That's great, but the branches of my oak trees occasionally overwrite Extra Utilities pipes. Is there any way to stop this? I'm in the middle of moving my tree farm at the moment, so it won't be a problem for much longer.
The problem is the giant/mutant oaks? Only way I know is enclosing/encasing the growth area with opaque blocks. I don't think there's a config made to disable them.[DOUBLEPOST=1414459811][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there an issue with Pam's crops and MFR Harvesters in this pack. Hand-planted 11x11 fields of Soy, Rice, Potatos, Onion, and Blackberry and put whatever leftover seeds I had into the Planters. Also have SFM sending seeds to respective Planters but I'm losing seeds somewhere [most of the the Soy, Rice, and Onion fields are now barren]. Each Harvester has an adjacent chest. SFM collects everything from these chests and first output are the Planters white-listed for seeds.

I know about the crop-to-seed conversion but it wasn't necessary when I did this in AgS. If the Harvester collects the entire crop during it's cycle, it should be collecting a seed and a crop for each harvest. I don't think this is the case tho, based on what I'm seeing [unless I've setup something wrong]. Anyone throw me a clue?

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
It doesn't collect a seed, it collects 3 crops per harvest I think. Forces you to autocraft the seeds for re-planting.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971