[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I have excessive amounts of raw resources, I'm left without inspiration. Throw some ideas at me!

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Find a way to automate Nether Star generation.

Make a super Mob Trap that can fuel your Grinder.

Do a BnB let's play
Nether stars are fairly easy once you catch a vanilla skeleton(SpecialMobs.cfg needs altered to allow for such). I thought about this, but what would be the point. Im already generating EXCESSIVE amounts of power via turbines.

'super mob trap': This is quite easy as well. Mob routers, clearing 5x5 areas into a single collection point can make mob traps pretty OP. (already have one)

As far as BnB lets play, i meant within my CL world

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Nether stars are fairly easy once you catch a vanilla skeleton(SpecialMobs.cfg needs altered to allow for such). I thought about this, but what would be the point. Im already generating EXCESSIVE amounts of power via turbines.

'super mob trap': This is quite easy as well. Mob routers, clearing 5x5 areas into a single collection point can make mob traps pretty OP. (already have one)

As far as BnB lets play, i meant within my CL world
mob routers? I just abuse the enhanced spawn rate during night to do huge amounts of death to misc mobs.

At your end I don't know what you can do with that much stuff. Build multiple Liquid transfer nodes?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
mob routers? I just abuse the enhanced spawn rate during night to do huge amounts of death to misc mobs.

At your end I don't know what you can do with that much stuff. Build multiple Liquid transfer nodes?
I'd say I'm late mid-game, early endgame. as far as resources and automation is concerned. Just looking for ideas of what to do now that I'm here.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say I'm late mid-game, early endgame. as far as resources and automation is concerned. Just looking for ideas of what to do now that I'm here.
Build a complete AE system, automate the Pneumaticraft stuff, Build something in the nether to take advantage of it's coldness for your machines. get the chunkloaded and chunkload the nether.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I have excessive amounts of raw resources, I'm left without inspiration. Throw some ideas at me!
Terraform a Biosphere and start repopulating the planet.

Better yet, install Galacticraft and the Aliens mod. Build the rocket. Before you launch, build a very large, but also very unstable, ThermoNuclear device connected to a short clock that disabled the cooling system. Start the clock before you launch.
'Nuke 'em from orbit. Only way to be sure.'

Aside: strange thing happened when I setup my Aerial Interface...broke my refill system [shamelessly copied the fuzzy refill setup on here]. Went through and rechecked for correct dmg values on camel pack. Removed all but 4-bottle crafting. Separated out the exchange from the refill. Refill remained broken. Deleted/recreated the refill commands [using non-fuzzy version for empty pack]...works. Many minutes scratching my head there:confused:.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
strange thing happened when I setup my Aerial Interface...broke my refill system [shamelessly copied the fuzzy refill setup on here]. Went through and rechecked for correct dmg values on camel pack. Removed all but 4-bottle crafting. Separated out the exchange from the refill. Refill remained broken. Deleted/recreated the refill commands [using non-fuzzy version for empty pack]...works. Many minutes scratching my head there:confused:.
Yea, it seems that A.Interface+SFM+bottles causes a bunch of headaches. Sort of makes me sad that I don't see MFR's LiquiCrafter getting more love. It doesn't require bottles/buckets to craft with liquids. Instead you just pump the liquid(s) straight into it, setup a one-time template, and it does the crafting for you.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, it seems that A.Interface+SFM+bottles causes a bunch of headaches. Sort of makes me sad that I don't see MFR's LiquiCrafter getting more love. It doesn't require bottles/buckets to craft with liquids. Instead you just pump the liquid(s) straight into it, setup a one-time template, and it does the crafting for you.
How do you use the mob router and yes that is what I'm planning to do. since liquidcrafter is so damn useful

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
How do you use the mob router and yes that is what I'm planning to do. since liquidcrafter is so damn useful
The mob router works as a one way door. It grabs mobs from infront of it, and moves the mobs to behind it. It requires power to function. It's reach is a 5x5 horizontal plane, and can reach mobs 2 blocks below its y-coord, and 1 block above.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I use the cyclic assembler from TE, same no-bottle tank stuff.
I usually have 2 camel packs running around in the system though, and a buffer chest. So when SFM refils the camelpack it doesn't have to wait even a tick for the crafting, it just takes the empty one and replaces it with a full one from a chest, then sends the empty ones in the chest to the cylcic assembler which outputs to the same chest. nice n easy.
It also works really well earlier on if you use it just with a pressure plate and inventory interface block from SFM (can't remember the name right now). You just stand on the pressure plate and since there's always a full one waiting to go on your back, you don't have to stand there and wait. It gets instantly replaced the moment you stand on the pressure plate.

Last edited:

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
To add to the mob router, how I use it is a bit technical, but I think it's one of the more 'efficient' ways to use it in a mob trap:

1. Create 3 platforms that are 5wide x 5long directly above each other. The middle platform having 2 blocks of air between it and the lowest platform, and 3 blocks of air between it and the highest platform.
  2. Choose any side of the middle platform, and place a mob router directly against it making sure its centered and then run power conduit along the middle platform.
  3. Right click the mob router, and click the button until 'blacklist' is chosen. Don't put anything in the safari net slot.
  4. Wall the whole thing in, supply power, and that's the setup

8GZUKNo.png

This setup:
  • Gives 50 spawn spaces per mob router
  • Allows for upto 2 tall mobs to spawn in the lower section
  • Allows for upto 3 tall mobs to spawn in the upper section. If you don't want this, just lower the upper-most platform(the ceiling) 1 block
  • There's an issue where spiders often get stuck in the wall and suffocate. This isn't much of a big deal, just use a vacuum hopper or similar to collect the string.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evillevi

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
To add to the mob router, how I use it is a bit technical, but I think it's one of the more 'efficient' ways to use it in a mob trap:

1. Create 3 platforms that are 5wide x 5long directly above each other. The middle platform having 2 blocks of air between it and the lowest platform, and 3 blocks of air between it and the highest platform.
  2. Choose any side of the middle platform, and place a mob router directly against it making sure its centered and then run power conduit along the middle platform.
  3. Right click the mob router, and click the button until 'blacklist' is chosen. Don't put anything in the safari net slot.

8GZUKNo.png

This setup:
  • Allows for upto 3 tall mobs to spawn in the upper section. If you don't want this, just lower the upper-most platform(the ceiling) 1 block
  • There's an issue where spiders often get stuck in the wall and suffocate. This isn't much of a big deal, just use a vacuum hopper or similar to collect the string.
Don't Grinders work in a five by five area by four area and that they have enough range to target both platforms

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Don't Grinders work in a five by five area by four area and that they have enough range to target both platforms
They do, but they also use far more energy per operation than the mob router. Generally I use multiple router setups and drop the mobs in a 5x5 w/ a single grinder. Along with that per each grinder you need 3 different connections(Power, Mob Essence, Items), where as the router needs a single connection.

For a single setup similar to the one above the grinder would be better, but for multiple platforms routers+a single grinder would be far less cumbersome to arrange. Assuming you have the resources to build the routers.

--
Maybe I'm just blinded because this is my own design but hey, if I got the resources, why not :p

Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
They do, but they also use far more energy per operation than the mob router. Generally I use multiple router setups and drop the mobs in a 5x5 w/ a single grinder. Along with that per each grinder you need 3 different connections(Power, Mob Essence, Items), where as the router needs a single connection.

For a single setup similar to the one above the grinder would be better, but for multiple platforms routers+a single grinder would be far less cumbersome to arrange. Assuming you have the resources to build the routers.

--
Maybe I'm just blinded because this is my own design but hey, if I got the resources, why not :p
BTW do you stack them upwards or to the sides.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019

8GZUKNo.png

This setup:

LOOOL, too complex.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
BTW do you stack them upwards or to the sides.
In a "+" shape first so they all point inwards(gives a 5x5 area), then upwards. Though on this map, due to no caves and the such 1 layer of the "+" has been plenty for me[DOUBLEPOST=1414231031][/DOUBLEPOST]
LOOOL, too complex.
To each their own. I personally don't like large mob traps. My goal when I created this was maintaining efficiency without being overly large

Reactions: Evillevi