[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

MGSamuel

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of SFM, does it interact well with AE system? I'm considering a SFM+AE system to automate ore process, so that the fluid storage disk from quest will not be wasted.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
A bit OT but I do have a point:
so in between wildly throwing things into boxes today and packing, I've taken many breaks in MC to let the muscles heal and been playing Karma from atlauncher. One thing I do wish is that I had an in reality version of MC boxes and inventory management. *slobber* that would be so damn awesome.

Anyways, playing with AE2. Finally figured out how P2P tunnels work and I came to a realization. Long story short, with the channels in play, there are workarounds but the workarounds are exponentially different than how you might be used to doing things. For example, one way I almost always play a MC game is to setup some barrels to collect early inventory. Eventually wall o barrels and I'm off and running. I tend to plan for AE eventually leaving space in behind, using some method (TE, EU, etc..) to move items into said barrels and overflow chests. When I get AE? I rush for storage busses, plop those on the back and away I go.

I did this just now. Figured out P2P tunnels, started to setup my things and realized that it costs so much more resources than they used to since you have to use so many damn cables all over the place, it became very apparent that with the convolutedness of the whole thing, I went at it wrong. Ideally, you'll have to toss everything out the window and plan differently to use AE2. With that said, CL2 in 1.7 will be a completely different beast cause not only will we still be fighting the hordes at the gates at the early onset, gathering water and food, etc... but we'll be fighting new mods that will shape the way we do things. A lot will depend on the mods that Iskandar chooses to include, etc...

With that said, I think more than anything that this proves how different a pack this will be and I think a fitting ending to the current one is even more necessary. Even if the IDEA is the same, the IMPLEMENTATION that the player will do from start to finish will be COMPLETELY different. I say we figure out a way to use creepers as fuel source, stick them in a rocket, right before explosion we see a blue police box then nothing and we're done. :) WeeeeoooooooooooooOOOWWWEEEEEEEOOOoooooooooooooo wah wah wah wah whahhhhhhh wah wahhhhhhhh...

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Speaking of SFM, does it interact well with AE system? I'm considering a SFM+AE system to automate ore process, so that the fluid storage disk from quest will not be wasted.
With AE1, it has an integrated system for logistic pipes which is very cool. You can plop an interface down, connect LP to it and you can see both sides of your systems and autocraft from AE but not LP (or very likely it's vice versa, don't remember). With SFM, you have none of that, so interfaces still need to be programmed and I haven't played much with the fluid interfaces tho a tiny bit in agskies.

SFM is nice in that you can specify exactly how much liquid to send to a casting basin or a tank connected to smeltery to make perfect alloys or what not. The problem is SFM doesn't work with tinkers * (smeltery, high oven, deep tank). Not with liquids at least.

One thing I found out yesterday was that enderIO fluid ducts are awesome. Using TE in 1.6.4 you setup a fluiduct to pipe out of a drain into a casting basin, rinse repeat. When it starts to run low, one duct will have 20 mb, another 80, etc... unspent liquid. Thus, people filter them, etc. It's a necessary evil.

With EnderIO tho (tested in karma pack, so 1.6.4 might be different), I had a full set of 9 drains/fluid ducts (enderio) and they only take the liquid to make the ingot and nothing more. I had zero waste across the board till I forgot to put a bucket of fluid back in and when I did the one duct that needed it took it and finished it's ingot. was pretty pleased. EnderIO is not in the pack, but some peeps play with it in the pack cause of landstryder.

Reactions: MGSamuel

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
sorry to reply twice. was going to edit this in but didn't know where to put it.

In the current playthrough (which I will get back to at some point), I did something new with AE1. I never use interfaces as sources but found a very nice way to supplement the sieving process. You could use SFM for the other end of this but I ended up using TE since it was easier.

I setup a row of interfaces connected to my sieving AE system. One was unconfigured and was used as an overflow chest of sorts. The other ones I programmed with a stack of the pulverized/crushed versions of the ores. TE picked each of these interfaces as inputs and output to a chest that was used by 4 separate autopackagers. It then repackaged all those ores and went back into system which also took care of hammering, then using pulverizers to speed things up a bit. The bit with the interfaces tho saved me from setting up a huge amount of export busses, etc. I am going for a non programmed SFM setup this time around since I'm too lazy to make that setup again (tho it is quite powerful). Took almost no time to setup and it works quite well.

Reactions: MGSamuel

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
ROFL. ok, I was at first going to just ask wtf was that for then realized I have a certain someone on my ignore list and had to "show ignored content" and lmao. Ok, you're not completely insane. :)

I was wondering if these forums had such a feature [for the same exact reason as you]. Now I need to figure out how to implement it.

And before I forget:
I have a Scorched Duct right above the HO controller for dust input. It didn't work at first, so I turned it around and success. Now it's stopped working again. Only thing that's changed is the oven turned from off to on. So it's possible to redstone control these? And here's another HO oddity. Hooked up a barrel [with a hopper upgrade] that was 3/4 full of charcoal to another HO duct set for fuel input. Noticed a few minutes later that the barrel was empty?:eek: HO ate all but 8 stacks...WTF?

My apologies. I tried the search function but it wasn't very helpful, and it's sort of a random one to have in the last page out of nearly 400. Eventually got some (Had tried bonemealing, but that didn't get me there).

On a similar note, I need rose-red. Bonemealing hasn't gotten me any flowers, so I guess I'm stuck with pulverising the red wool in the city?
Little known trick. If you have Fire Flower seeds, you can craft them into Rose Red. So, you only need a single Rose Red and a single Grass Seed to get you all the red dye you need/want [dependent on your bonemeal supply].

Also of note:
If you're wearing 3/4 Diamond armor and stay away from heat sources for the majority of your day, it's very easy to die of dehydration if you're not paying attention to your hydration levels [or something's screwed up with my Enviromine datas].

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I was wondering if these forums had such a feature [for the same exact reason as you]. Now I need to figure out how to implement it.

And before I forget:
I have a Scorched Duct right above the HO controller for dust input. It didn't work at first, so I turned it around and success. Now it's stopped working again. Only thing that's changed is the oven turned from off to on. So it's possible to redstone control these? And here's another HO oddity. Hooked up a barrel [with a hopper upgrade] that was 3/4 full of charcoal to another HO duct set for fuel input. Noticed a few minutes later that the barrel was empty?:eek: HO ate all but 8 stacks...WTF?

Little known trick. If you have Fire Flower seeds, you can craft them into Rose Red. So, you only need a single Rose Red and a single Grass Seed to get you all the red dye you need/want [dependent on your bonemeal supply].

Also of note:
If you're wearing 3/4 Diamond armor and stay away from heat sources for the majority of your day, it's very easy to die of dehydration if you're not paying attention to your hydration levels [or something's screwed up with my Enviromine datas].

as far as HO and ducts go, yeah, I had same issue. I had barrel just connected directly to it and thus, you can't see where the charcoal is going. It drained like 60 stacks of charcoal and never saw it again. I ended up using an itemduct and thus, it worked better. but yeah, I don't know why that happens.

as for rose red, you'll find plenty of roses or red dye (can't rem) in cities.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
as far as HO and ducts go, yeah, I had same issue. I had barrel just connected directly to it and thus, you can't see where the charcoal is going. It drained like 60 stacks of charcoal and never saw it again. I ended up using an itemduct and thus, it worked better. but yeah, I don't know why that happens.

as for rose red, you'll find plenty of roses or red dye (can't rem) in cities.
I dunno. City seems kinda suspect to stroll around picking flowers...maybe that's just me.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
For red roses, make a 7x7 grass patch, bonemeal the center block, break stuff, rine and repeat. It took me a few stacks but eventually got it

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting i have a chunk loader under my sync constructor with power and it is draining power but shows no work or idle.

It is probably working. It will keep draining a lot of power until it fills its very large buffer. A lot of power.[DOUBLEPOST=1411384818][/DOUBLEPOST]
For red roses, make a 7x7 grass patch, bonemeal the center block, break stuff, rine and repeat. It took me a few stacks but eventually got it

And then make fire flower seed with the first piece so you can grow some of them and convert them into rose red and/or use for pcraft.

AJ Plaze

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to fix the falling through the world when syncing from death. I just lost another world from falling through the world while resync and couldn't go into creative fast enough.
This happened to me too, even tho I've tried to place it in the 'open', unobstructed and chunk-loaded with Dim Anchor. Because i'm recording, I was doing random saves to spare me this particular bug, good thing :p

MGSamuel

Jul 29, 2019
With AE1, it has an integrated system for logistic pipes which is very cool. You can plop an interface down, connect LP to it and you can see both sides of your systems and autocraft from AE but not LP (or very likely it's vice versa, don't remember). With SFM, you have none of that, so interfaces still need to be programmed and I haven't played much with the fluid interfaces tho a tiny bit in agskies.

SFM is nice in that you can specify exactly how much liquid to send to a casting basin or a tank connected to smeltery to make perfect alloys or what not. The problem is SFM doesn't work with tinkers * (smeltery, high oven, deep tank). Not with liquids at least.

My idea is exactly rely on SFM successfully detect AE fluid interface. The high oven issue is sad, but that can easily be solved as I can simply use regular TE fluid duct to input molten ore into AE system. I guess I'm on another experiment... or anyone here messed with it before?

I setup a row of interfaces connected to my sieving AE system. One was unconfigured and was used as an overflow chest of sorts. The other ones I programmed with a stack of the pulverized/crushed versions of the ores. TE picked each of these interfaces as inputs and output to a chest that was used by 4 separate autopackagers. It then repackaged all those ores and went back into system which also took care of hammering, then using pulverizers to speed things up a bit. The bit with the interfaces tho saved me from setting up a huge amount of export busses, etc. I am going for a non programmed SFM setup this time around since I'm too lazy to make that setup again (tho it is quite powerful). Took almost no time to setup and it works quite well.

I may consider copy this design but with only one autopackager and a few pulverizers, as I have no incentive to adopt the light-speed SFM sieving system right now :confused:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
This happened to me too, even tho I've tried to place it in the 'open', unobstructed and chunk-loaded with Dim Anchor. Because i'm recording, I was doing random saves to spare me this particular bug, good thing :p
I don't know if this is related, but...

When I had a single clone and died, no problem. After I added 3 more clones and died, I was failing to return to a clone. I would get the 'going up' animation and then I would start to lose hearts. Good thing I still backup. What seemed to fix this for me was I marked my storage with the bed [green indicator changed to cyan]. Died a few times since then and I've gone back to the clone no problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1411389467][/DOUBLEPOST]
question... is it just me or did the silkworm spawn rate drop significantly since the patch
Not you only. I've noticed a significant drop in both the regular and infested leaves [I'm still playing 1.1.2]. In AgS I was swimming in them without trying. Here, not so much.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue. Sense this update I’m not getting the sworms of mobs I use to that come rushing your base.
http://i.imgur.com/qH3QY1d.png
I mean it. it seems mob spawns are broken as all I get are the standard ones and they sure don’t come running like they use to before.

http://i.imgur.com/BhlS0yg.png
On the last version seen in that shot above, I got the normal sworm. Mobs spawned and headed right for my based.

Now however
http://i.imgur.com/8JlUZ0S.png
Theres the moon at the very top, and only have mobs in my trench from climbing on top my wall and agroing those near by.

This is causing a serious lack of mob drops. I’m unable to keep my ammo fully stocked anymore as I don’t get the arrows I need from so few skellys. I have to run around far outside to try and locate too few drops. Repairing tools is slow as getting very few bone drops. They don’t seem to be attracted to light, sound, nada from zombie awarness, nor am I getting the high spawn rates.

http://i.imgur.com/Np7VJN8.png
Another earlier in the game shot, few mobs spawning, and none really rushing to eat my face off, or even come to the light of the spill.

This is all default 1.1.2.1 no edits made (besides removing extra mobs) trying to restart the map for this is proving slow and hard going, even poking my last map still have no mob swarm.

Any help would be nice. I miss going deaf from the hords caught in my trench. ;(

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...I was pondering my next city raid and thought 'what I really need is some kind of anti-personnel grenado'. Something to just kill mobs and not dmg anything else. Then I thought...Florbs? Fire-based florbs are no good as most city-dwellers are immune plus there's some flammable stuff in the buildings. Any thoughts on fluid options or if this is even possible? The fluid should be something easily produced.

Can you put etching acid in a florb?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

Working as intended™

If you want it to work like it did in previous versions then change the following:

...\FTB minecraft\CrashLanding\minecraft\config\ZombieAwareness\general.cfg

Change
I:tickRateAILoop=600

To
I:tickRateAILoop=10

Can you put etching acid in a florb?
Yes.

I am going for a non programmed SFM setup this time around since I'm too lazy to make that setup again (tho it is quite powerful)

Much understatement.

qr7iEiQ.png

I really am absolutely amazed at how powerful this system is. I'm gong to push SFM to its absolute limits though.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottieC

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Working as intended™

If you want it to work like it did in previous versions then change the following:

...\FTB minecraft\CrashLanding\minecraft\config\ZombieAwareness\general.cfg

Change
I:tickRateAILoop=600

To
I:tickRateAILoop=10

Why was that changed? An over sight with the update or what? I mean, if we are to have just normal spawn rates, not even any of the light awarness or such, then why even still include the mod?
I don't even need to waste time making a killing trench anymore... nothing comes near unless I'm in full sight.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Why w. as that changed? An over sight with the update or what? I mean, if we are to have just normal spawn rates, not even any of the light awarness or such, then why even still include the mod?
I think it was an attempt to reduce night time lag

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even need to waste time making a killing trench anymore... nothing comes near unless I'm in full sight.

This is how it was pre 1.2. and It was more preferable (at least to me) cause you would have to lure mobs to you at night to get them in your trench instead of just hiding in your ship till morning.

Reactions: LostBMe