[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The ways to exploit free water are fairly commonly known and have even been said in the thread multiple times and have been in several youtube LPs. People will find ways to "cheat" if they so desire but that effects no one else. The water glitch is hardly a reason to move on. They could just as well give themselves an aqueous accumulator and it not be any different in reality.
agreed. and if a youtuber is saying this to get around whatever situation he comes across, you might as well watch someone beat a pack using worldedit, SPC, all in creative mode. wooot!

A reasonable person would see this and know that it's an exploit and move on from there. If stupidity were eliminated from the world, we'd have no government, so guess we'll have to use common sense till that dries up completely.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I've been following this pack an thread from the start but have stayed silent (never needed to say anything). But now I feel I must speak up. Well watching Hypnotized play this pack he was informed of a way to get infinite water early game, and well he did it an it worked!. Having followed this thread from start I know this way to get infinite water should not be, so I politely informed him of this. This is my reply and I quote: " if the mod pack author didn't like this functionality he shouldn't have included the mod. The mod doesn't have an option to change it. You might call it cheating, but it IS the way the mod was writtern." This shows to me he is more than happy to show how to exploit this map and ruin the ways it's meant to be played. Despite the fact I don't want it I gotta say 1.7 is now needed. Thought I'd just let you know, keep up the good work guys.

Doesnt matter what pack or MC ver there will always be a exploit an even if there wasnt if ppl are going to cheat there going to cheat

FlankyMcJo

Jul 29, 2019
The ways to exploit free water are fairly commonly known and have even been said in the thread multiple times and have been in several youtube LPs. People will find ways to "cheat" if they so desire but that effects no one else. The water glitch is hardly a reason to move on. They could just as well give themselves an aqueous accumulator and it not be any different in reality.
Ow don't get me wrong I really want this pack to be finished before moving on (1.7 ice planet sounds amazing). The thing that's now scaring me is that bigger an bigger youtubers are playing this, this is the reason why the pack is getting so popular so quick an if all the followers see the bugs being used without knowing there bugs well this now becomes the norm.... This pack becomes so easy when the bugs are exploited and well people will start to think the packs to easy/boring and won't want to play no more, an when a second pack is released a lot will just see it's made by the same person an think it's just going to be the same.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
There are tons of ways to abuse exploits to get infinite water that cannot be fixed or removed. If you want to play legit, then just don't abuse exploits and play on the honor system.

That's one reason why I dislike hypno. He always abuses exploits any time he finds them and just says "LOL IT'S IN THE PACK THAT MEANS I CAN DO IT" Such a bad LPer.

Last edited:

FlankyMcJo

Jul 29, 2019
That's one reason why I dislike hypno. He always abuses exploits any time he finds them and just says "LOL IT'S IN THE PACK THAT MEANS I CAN DO IT" Such a bad LPer.[/quote]
Lol yeah I've been starting to go off him an this has just taken it to far. Especially when he said to someone who advised him "spawn in a shell constructor" (yeah I can understand youtubers doing that as no one wants to see a hundred restarts, unless there funny as hell) an he said back "don't worry I won't die, plus I want to do this legitimately".

Reactions: ScottieC

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
It'd be nice to be able to call in air strikes....

But in more seriousness about all we could do is bombard his videos with dislikes..... and I suspect it'd give him credit for a view even if we only watched enough to "dislike"

Not sure how the youtube agreements work..... not sure how the dislikes any possible pay scale.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ow don't get me wrong I really want this pack to be finished before moving on (1.7 ice planet sounds amazing). The thing that's now scaring me is that bigger an bigger youtubers are playing this, this is the reason why the pack is getting so popular so quick an if all the followers see the bugs being used without knowing there bugs well this now becomes the norm.... This pack becomes so easy when the bugs are exploited and well people will start to think the packs to easy/boring and won't want to play no more, an when a second pack is released a lot will just see it's made by the same person an think it's just going to be the same.
you can't stop idiots from being idiots. There's only on solution to that. Lots of nukes.[DOUBLEPOST=1411423774][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh man, back on topic.
no. :)

Reactions: witherskid

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Total a different topic but I'm having mushroom troubles. Basically, the shrooms the mobs drop are refusing to stack. Well, some will stack in twos or threes but they refuse to stack with all the others. Why would they do this?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Total a different topic but I'm having mushroom troubles. Basically, the shrooms the mobs drop are refusing to stack. Well, some will stack in twos or threes but they refuse to stack with all the others. Why would they do this?
Drop them on the ground. The mob drops tend to have odd meta data for some reason. Similarly creeper seeds picked up by a player will have metadata 2 while ones gathered from say a grinder have metadata 18. It's a bunch of silliness.

Reactions: LostBMe

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
I personally just use a mob-dropped shroom to grow a big mushroom, use those for my needs and void the drops.

Reactions: LostBMe

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to MOVE a steve Factory manager?

I spent a good couple hours making a kitchen preperator (Makes me donuts and pies, stocking a chest as soon as I take any) and I want to shift it, but I don't want to break the block in case all my "code"is lost.

I know I've read that it's not possible to copy a file between saves. Is there perhaps a way to save a set of code INSIDE the game? IE: To a Disc a la computer craft?

I don't want to take it to a new world, I just want to move the block.

And on a suggesty type note, I wish soybeans weren't allowed / massively held back in this pack. They ruin food balance totally. Maybe allow soy milk, but the tofu / firm tofu completely obviates a meat industry. I play both AS and CL without soybeans, purely because of this.

As for wheat seeds being mattock only, I eventually got some. I think that should be mentioned in the egg quests. Or have a quest there that rewards wheat seeds directly.

Last edited:

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
And on a suggesty type note, I wish soybeans weren't allowed / massively held back in this pack. They ruin food balance totally. Maybe allow soy milk, but the tofu / firm tofu completely obviates a meat industry. I play both AS and CL without soybeans, purely because of this.

Yay someone finally agrees with me! I also think the vanilla recipe for bread (3 wheat = 1 bread) should be removed too. I think you should have to make bread with flour, fresh water and salt.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019

As for wheat seeds being mattock only, I eventually got some. I think that should be mentioned in the egg quests. Or have a quest there that rewards wheat seeds directly.
I'm glad they do allow tofu because some of the regular chicken/fish recipe don't work with the real deal meat and only work with the tofu.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
For realism sake, tofu can replace those other meats, so I can see how it got here. An old boss, who knew I was a cheeseburger eating fool at the time, took me to a chinese restauraunt in sunnyvale and ordered for me while we talked. ate. only afterwards did he tell me what I had and I was flat out disgusted. :) but it was good, but I was still disgusted. told him I wouldn't forget that and would put cheezeburger grease in his tea.

For play sake tho, I see this as a non issue tho. If you have an issue cause you feel it's too cheaty, say your character has a soy allergy (my wife does) and don't use it :) Simple as that. For the rest of us, nom nom nom nom soy nom nom nom who nom cares nom nom nom cheeseburger. :)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
For realism sake, tofu can replace those other meats, so I can see how it got here. An old boss, who knew I was a cheeseburger eating fool at the time, took me to a chinese restauraunt in sunnyvale and ordered for me while we talked. ate. only afterwards did he tell me what I had and I was flat out disgusted. :) but it was good, but I was still disgusted. told him I wouldn't forget that and would put cheezeburger grease in his tea.

For play sake tho, I see this as a non issue tho. If you have an issue cause you feel it's too cheaty, say your character has a soy allergy (my wife does) and don't use it :) Simple as that. For the rest of us, nom nom nom nom soy nom nom nom who nom cares nom nom nom cheeseburger. :)
Yeah, I've made homemade tofu, yet cannot for the life of me imagine using it as the primary protein source...... I do find Miso soup a nice, and far quicker option than a chicken soup when someone is not feeling up to the weather. Not sure I'd call it disgusting though, at least when prepared properly.

Reactions: Genshou

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
It's perfectly fine, but in a game where balance is a concern, it just makes so many things obsolete, which isn't fun.

And by many things, I mean literally any veg not specifically named in a recipe (Like mushroom burger) and EVERY LIVESTOCK ANIMAL..

Other note: Quite often my machine interfaces to my pnuematic chamber sit with items in them for a really, REALLY long time. What's going on there?