[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Just setup my arial interface. Now when my camel pack is at 0%, it auto refills and reequips in my armor slot wirelessly no matter where I am in the world automatically.

Reactions: cannajan

Pyro5408

Jul 29, 2019
Had a random, potentially game ending, glitch. I'm not sure if anyone else has or if it was just me. I died and the proper animation for returning to a sync shell occured up until it started coming down then I spawned in a void and immediately started taking damage. I had to emergency TP to a safe location but no chunks loaded. I had to log out and in to get anything to load.

Am I the only one this has happened to? If not is it a know inssue with sync or sometihng else?

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
At first it was helping negate some of the issue, i could play for about an hour longer without having to reboot but then it would come back with avengance - so i canned my texturepack, which oddly made no difference at all - ive set memory arguments limiting java to 4Gb and it ignores it.
As soon as nightfall hits, the chunk updates go through the roof even if i turn off my tree farm (which really isnt doing much for me right now, seeing as how i have several drums full of water -_-) and we're talking 100-300 (updates) or thereabouts.
It cant be windows or my FTB install because both are practically new (1 month on both) and the former is also fully updated, Java i snafu'd the other day so i had to delete it all and reinstall V7, so thats brand new as well.
Weird not sure what could be causing this im running a old 07 hp dule core with 4g ram, java set to 2g and the only time i have probs is when cities first load, also i run Sortex texture

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Just setup my arial interface. Now when my camel pack is at 0%, it auto refills and reequips in my armor slot wirelessly no matter where I am in the world automatically.
I've seen that in PC. Is there a distance limitation? If not, yeah, that's supremely awesome. would work like player interface in random things (which I love). I used to setup large setups of a bunch of those on top of each other with AE export busses taking things out of inventory during mining trips, etc... After about 20-30 of them tho, things started to lag a bit... :) yes, that's 20-30 times 4 sides a piece times 8 filter items each. I went nuts. The cleanest inventory in town tho.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I am working toward that goal as well. I have found so many useful ways to use SFM it isn't funny. Now, to get SFM to carry RF so I only have the one cable......

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
That's a lot of creepers...I'm trying to keep them from glitching through the walls (again) xD.View attachment 12682
ROFL. I was like.. what creepers? I don't see any creepers. then... BURN THAT MINIMAP WITH FIRE FROM ORBIT! :)

Ok, I want to ensure people are understanding this. Monsters that glitch through walls cannot hurt you. Seriously. I've never ever seen that. When they glitch, it's a vanilla MC issue that affects all mobs in close quarters. When I'd setup a normal farm using MFR with breeders, the genetic (omg, what is wrong with my memory lately) the thing that separates parents/kids, the veterinary station and then grinder, I'd have a bunch of 3x3 pens connected to each other. That first pen would get so full that animals would glitch out and rubber band back in. The physical body is still in that pen, but they are trying to move around and MC is letting them pretend or what not, but they ALWAYS go back. I've seen skels clipping out of my spawn area when I forgot to check it and they'd look at me as they clipped, but never ever tried to shoot me. Creepers might explode, but they'll explode where they are not the clipped version (tho it might be close enough to do you harm still). Thus, creepers are still problematic, the code MAY allow them to think they are close to trigger, but it's not the same as them being able to phantomly go through walls and do whatever. If they are doing this now, it's a new thing and definately not normal. I've played ALOT of hours but not the same as everyone else here (I keep them away), so everyone's going to experience things differently. With that said, I highly doubt that they are learning new tricks like that.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Weird not sure what could be causing this im running a old 07 hp dule core with 4g ram, java set to 2g and the only time i have probs is when cities first load, also i run Sortex texture
I have a tri core (it tries, really it tries) with 32gb of ram with 3.5 allocated. soartex pack, I get slowness in alot of packs mostly cpu bound. this pack tho? Yeah, cities creation is only place it chugs or takes me out of the air as I'm flying over. Everything else is smooth. Even with alot of machines, etc... I did experience the lag from the sieving back in 111 with ZA but that's gone completely now.

Given that tho, It does seem that itemducts will cause serious issues over time. Add OPIS, even alongside zans. run it at fresh start, take mental note of major #'s and what entities/handlers are on top. wait till lag hits, go into inventory and quickly run it again. compare what is in your head against now. If you see the TE world tick handler thing in server/handlers taking up like 3 times the amount of cycles, that is itemducts. period. I've had this go up 30-40 times it's initial start in crafting paradise and that world was a goner. I removed every duct (item/fluid) and problem persisted. I had to reboot machine to get things back to normal which makes me scratch my head bigtime.

Try that. reboot machine. I think if I had done that before I removed ducts, things might have turned out differently. I think there's a persistent ram issue (even if you close java, etc...). maybe they chew up handles in windows or mem allocs. *shrug*. try it. can't hurt.
EDIT: handlers=ducts.

[DOUBLEPOST=1409439073][/DOUBLEPOST]
Had a random, potentially game ending, glitch. I'm not sure if anyone else has or if it was just me. I died and the proper animation for returning to a sync shell occured up until it started coming down then I spawned in a void and immediately started taking damage. I had to emergency TP to a safe location but no chunks loaded. I had to log out and in to get anything to load.

Am I the only one this has happened to? If not is it a know inssue with sync or sometihng else?
Known issue. I just talked about it a page ago. look back. build sync shell out of ship and make sure there are air blocks all around and a simple dirt block underneath (1 up from regular ground). theory is sync is off by 1 in a direction when it tries to put you in shell and you suffocate.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

Known issue. I just talked about it a page ago. look back. build sync shell out of ship and make sure there are air blocks all around and a simple dirt block underneath (1 up from regular ground). theory is sync is off by 1 in a direction when it tries to put you in shell and you suffocate.

Iv been wandering about this sync issue and was wanting to know if the glitch happens when you die far away from your base or when your close to the base or does it matter

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Iv been wandering about this sync issue and was wanting to know if the glitch happens when you die far away from your base or when your close to the base or does it matter
only happened to me once and I was in city. the other time I think it happened, but not sure, I was in city.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
@Tyriael_Soban @DoomSquirter had a good idea of using Opis to find lag probs. And i was wandering if you know how to use Opis to debug lag if you do and can get me the info i may be able to help you more with this issue
It's the best way at this point to do just that. I only wish you could snapshot and compare snapshot to current. The reason it's better than the java profiler is that the profiler might tell you what possible issues might arise from specific mod (maybe) but opis will lead you directly to the entity or handler itself that will help the mod author fine tune their debugging. Both are helpful, opis won't cause an enormous drag on your usage since it doesn't run all the time, only when you 'run opis' from within opis.

I'm no expert, but yeah, when you have a problem that bad, I've found it's pretty obvious, even looking at a static list, what's causing it. The TE world event tick handler, in my crafting paradise playthrough, was around the 50K uS mark. nearest to it was the AE cpu which was around 500-600? HUGE difference there. again. removing all ducts, close mc, close launcher, start mc, start game, no ducts, TE handler still around 50K. reboot machine. TE handler was around 1500, no other changes made to cause this. so something during reboot fixed the issue from that perspective which had me scratching my head big time. memory corruption, open file handles, memory flags not purging. Checked process explorer before and afterwards, no java loaded, nothing using up memory. did not check other things tho which would have helped out.

SourPatchSundae

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance that ExUtil Retrieval Node (Liquids) could get a recipe change? They require 2 of the modified recipe Transfer Node (Liquid), which makes them astronomically expensive for what they do. AFAIK the Retrieval Nodes can't be used to generate water like Transfer Nodes can, they just search the pipes for connected inventories from which to retrieve. If it were up to me, I'd switch the Liquid Transfer Nodes in the recipe for Item Transfer Nodes and add some buckets and lapis to the corners. That would bring them almost in line with the original recipe.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
only happened to me once and I was in city. the other time I think it happened, but not sure, I was in city.
ok well heres my theory on this but bear in mind i dont use Sync that much but the few time i have used it i was near my base and had no prob with it and from what it sounds like is most ppl that have ths prob are far away also this dident come up till after the Cities in 112 so have you made the conection yet. Ok then ill tell your sync chamber isnt loaded till after you come down from the sky and that breaf moment between loading and spawning you glitch. So if i can get a few ppl to jump into a test world and try sync loaded with a chunck loader and not loaded and report back that would bee very helpfull

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen that in PC. Is there a distance limitation? If not, yeah, that's supremely awesome. would work like player interface in random things (which I love). I used to setup large setups of a bunch of those on top of each other with AE export busses taking things out of inventory during mining trips, etc... After about 20-30 of them tho, things started to lag a bit... :) yes, that's 20-30 times 4 sides a piece times 8 filter items each. I went nuts. The cleanest inventory in town tho.
Pretty sure there is no distance limitation, probably works across dimensions too (not that it's needed here), just need to be chunk loaded.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
ok well heres my theory on this but bear in mind i dont use Sync that much but the few time i have used it i was near my base and had no prob with it and from what it sounds like is most ppl that have ths prob are far away also this dident come up till after the Cities in 112 so have you made the conection yet. Ok then ill tell your sync chamber isnt loaded till after you come down from the sky and that breaf moment between loading and spawning you glitch. So if i can get a few ppl to jump into a test world and try sync loaded with a chunck loader and not loaded and report back that would bee very helpfull
There's one issue here. replicating issue. Finding what causes the problem to occur in the first place and being able to replicate it. Both times that I died and either had sync fail or sorta glitch but no fail on me, I had been in city quite a bit of time. Enough time for my chunks to unload (theoretically, see next paragraph). But, I've also died w/no issues while going into cities for length of time and just as I've gotten there, a big combination. Near base, not near base. Having those 2 isolated incidents to gauge the rest is not enough information to go on.

But, (big but -- insert sir mix alot joke here, I cannot lie). But, here's where I have issues with the whole theory. Spawn loaded chunks. Spawn is supposed to be special, always loaded, regardless of chunk loaders, etc. That extends out at a 32 block radius I think (64 blocks diameter). Ship is completely within that radius. My new location for sync shell is right outside ship. So, I'm fairly certain they are always chunkloaded as is everyone else playing pack since everyone spawns same place. I think we discussed this theory back when it happened to me.

I haven't the foggiest. It's a disaster when it happens. Like insurance, you never need it till you need it.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Addendum to previous post. So, I had a thought after I posted, loaded up my CL instance. Checked F6 to see chunk boundaries. The chunk boundary runs RIGHT down the middle of the ship. left/right of each is the two places most people put their sync shells (like in DW20 vid). It's on the EDGE of a chunk boundary. maybe that's causing it?

Iskandar should probably shift the creation of that ship right smack down in the middle of a chunk to ensure that everything is well within that initial chunk, but who knows.....

Edit: to clarify, my sync shell used to be (facing the front of ship where chairs are) on right hand side of that hallway. My sync chamber would be 2 blocks from edge and my generator/energy cell to right of it, all in same chunk and not on edge of chunk.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I dont have the foggiest how to use that, sorry @Shane2482

Edit: that sync glitch sounds strangely familiar to a bug in Twilight Forest, where you jump through your portal and end up under it, suffocate to death in stone ...

Nick_11_Crafter

Jul 29, 2019
So, after being killed by creepers on the other side of the effing walls or not turning 'mobgriefing' to false, or magical skeletons shooting me thru blocks or even so much F***ing bulls**t to even take two steps then i dont know how i can possibly even get a few days in without dying and being forced to restart for the fiftybillionth time and hating life forever... I know that the sync mod is there and it you give us a shell constructor but you dont give a way to POWER THE EFFING THING! So the shell constructor is utterly worthless to me without its only usable power source in the modpac, this means that you are WASTING MY INVENTORY SPACE MAN! Please change the 'Easy path' quest line so that you can have the tredmill thing as well. PLEASE HEAR THIS MAN PLEASE!!!!