[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
heh. I thought storage drawers were going to be underwear with an inventory. :)

Those look really cool. Jabba has (had) a mini barrel that was 1/8th size of barrel (split a block into a 2x2, that's what I mean). They were in at one point and he was working on them then they silently disappeared which bummed me out. Dunno if mobius plans on continuing on with them or not. I'd love to see something along these lines added. My only issue is hooking these kinds of things to storage busses which I think you wouldn't be able to do anymore.

Agreed tho. while mining or farming early on, it's awesome to strafe the barrels hammering right click to put all your stuff away. so so easy.

It's too bad we can't train dogs to go fetch stuff. Ok rover, want this porkchop? GO clean up the trenches right now boy. woof!
You could always add Little Maid Mob if you want a servant to go pick things up for you. I normally use it, but wanted to keep that alone in the dust feeling here.

And I'm not surprised you would have pants on the brain. Between @mDiyo and @PODonnell...[DOUBLEPOST=1409427519][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your Pnuecraft hat would help find it I think? Maybe that's why Pnuecraft is included. :p
The PC hat isn't available early-game where I would be heading out at dawn for mob drops.

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my set-up for early game...it obviously needs to be refined now that I know Small Spiders can fit through slab openings xD.

MC world1.png MC world2.5.jpg MC world3.png

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my set-up for early game...it obviously needs to be refined now that I know Small Spiders can fit through slab openings xD.

i go with walls all the way around the compound and a small pit on one side, mainly because i insisted on playing hard difficulty - i had some serious troubles getting a mattock before the end of the first day lol.
Im stubborn though, spent a whole week dying and restarting - started backing up the world and then all i did was crash the game with an autopacker till i got my sync and a jetpack, fell off my mob spawner into a writhing mess of creepers, so you can just tell how well that ended...

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, but you can also dispatch them fairly easily with your fists. If you wanted to get fancy, you could probably make the trench you stand in, and then a secondary trench after that. The spiders can get into the first trench, where you are, but if there are too many at once you retreat to the second. On second thought, don't make a second trench; just make a wall. :p

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Vswe the creator of Steves Factory Manager made a sieving system using his mod,
JAW IS ON THE FLOOR

I thought he was going to show how to combine dusts or something. NOPE. Those damn sieves were going to explode, I'm sure of it. Pretty sure I saw smoke rising from one of them... :) Damn that was cool. It would be very interesting to try and see if that causes a crap ton of lag or not. I had never had any inclination to use SFM in that way (to power the sieve itself).

Hopefully, iskandar doesn't hit it with a huge enormous nerf hammer... :(

Maybe iskandar leaves hospital with really good drugs. 113 will have an AA back in starter chest, a food tree with all types of PB&J's growing on it will be erected in the middle of the courtyard and you start in peaceful mode. :) Get well soon dude!

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
i go with walls all the way around the compound and a small pit on one side, mainly because i insisted on playing hard difficulty - i had some serious troubles getting a mattock before the end of the first day lol.
Im stubborn though, spent a whole week dying and restarting - started backing up the world and then all i did was crash the game with an autopacker till i got my sync and a jetpack, fell off my mob spawner into a writhing mess of creepers, so you can just tell how well that ended...
I think I have a working theory on the dying via sync via suffocation. A while back, I setup a tiny glass room, like 9x8x5 (x,y,z). put dirt on bottom, sync shell on top, attached on right to hardened energy cell attached to survivalist gen. There's ALOT of open air around it now, so avoiding suffocation in walls in ships completely so far. I died from a creeper sneaking up on me in city while trying to kill a brute and the explosion caused me to go up a bit and died, flew up to sync shell, and when I came in, there was a jarring motion before I started in the sync chamber. I can't tell if that was the thing or not, but I'm fairly certain it is (wild ass guess, allright?)

Theory is that you die, but your body is still in motion. between the death and body still in motion, sync grabs you and puts you in sync shell, but any motion your body used to be in, is still carried through with, and voila, you're now in a wall. and now you're on a boat, and I'm over here. *shakes head*

Anyways, I think that might be how the suffocation happens. Obviously, if that's the case, there's no way to do anything about it, but I didn't die cause there is air all around the sync chamber (still don't understand why podonnell uses water) but yeah, I think that warning probably should be put in quest book. Maybe even hollow out a awesome place to put the sync chamber inside ship and put a sign "STICK SYNC SHELL HERE". dunno. It just really sucks to die from a bug.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
JAW IS ON THE FLOOR

I thought he was going to show how to combine dusts or something. NOPE. Those damn sieves were going to explode, I'm sure of it. Pretty sure I saw smoke rising from one of them... :) Damn that was cool. It would be very interesting to try and see if that causes a crap ton of lag or not. I had never had any inclination to use SFM in that way (to power the sieve itself).

Maybe iskandar leaves hospital with really good drugs. 113 will have an AA back in starter chest, a food tree with all types of PB&J's growing on it will be erected in the middle of the courtyard and you start in peaceful mode. :) Get well soon dude!
after watching VSWE makes you not want the AA any more

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Disclaimer: I dont actually have a cowboy hat. They don't fit very well over my space suit. Maybe that's why I got smacked by two baby zombies that crept up on me.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so, abbreviations. AA == Aqueous accumulator or autonomous activators :) Agreed tho. The activators seem unworthy after seeing that. Even with 3 attached to sieve, I don't think the percentage # goes down even half as fast as it does right there.

VSWE is a wizard. that's the only explanation. I'm cool with that tho. as long as he always uses his powers for good and not evil. Then I will only like him a little less.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
JAW IS ON THE FLOOR

PurpleMentat discusses SFM being totally OP with Iskandar in the interview. The plan is that the Inventory Manager block might or might not become more expensive ("machine frame or something"), but overall a lot of the nerfs are there to stop people from doing things the way they always do (mostly things copied from Direwolf) and seek alternatives. SFM is an underutilized alternative, so if people are abusing SFM that just means it's working.

The only reason to use AA is that you get one for free early on.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
so, abbreviations. AA == Aqueous accumulator or autonomous activators :) Agreed tho. The activators seem unworthy after seeing that. Even with 3 attached to sieve, I don't think the percentage # goes down even half as fast as it does right there.

VSWE is a wizard. that's the only explanation. I'm cool with that tho. as long as he always uses his powers for good and not evil. Then I will only like him a little less.

to see his true genuis check out

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone noticed the dupe bug with cold water?
I seem to be getting a bottle of cold water + an empty glass bottle... weird huh?

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: pc_assassin

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
i thought we found out that it was the TE item ducts causing
At first it was helping negate some of the issue, i could play for about an hour longer without having to reboot but then it would come back with avengance - so i canned my texturepack, which oddly made no difference at all - ive set memory arguments limiting java to 4Gb and it ignores it.
As soon as nightfall hits, the chunk updates go through the roof even if i turn off my tree farm (which really isnt doing much for me right now, seeing as how i have several drums full of water -_-) and we're talking 100-300 (updates) or thereabouts.
It cant be windows or my FTB install because both are practically new (1 month on both) and the former is also fully updated, Java i snafu'd the other day so i had to delete it all and reinstall V7, so thats brand new as well.

savageistheman

Jul 29, 2019
JAW IS ON THE FLOOR

I use this and it is amazing. I will save for this above all else in the beginning and it has served me well.