[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I actually canned my texturepack and that stopped the lag issue bigtime, i can play for 6 hours straight without issues.
true texturepacks can kill you on frames thats why i like BDCraft cause you can get 16x which is defalt MC size and shouldent affect frames

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... I can't believe I forgot about this.

For anyone crazy enough to be doing the no cobblegen challenge with me: OB canvas blocks are a cheap building material. My goodness, but I do certainly like how far my wood supplies are now going!
I'm up for it Genshou! Might as well have more of a challenge if I'm doing this ;). Thanks for the tip!

Also, I don't use a mob trap (I still make a pit but not allowed to kill them). So if you want to join that by all means do so! :D

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar I know you are taking it easy for now but when you get back into the swing of things do yah think you could add golem world or utility mobs? I find it harder and harder to defend myself, especially in cities, and this would be a great solution. Only problem is pumpkin seeds would need to be added to the sieve and snow filename and other golems that create snow layer would need to be turned off do to infinite water abilities.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I'm up for it Genshou! Might as well have more of a challenge if I'm doing this ;). Thanks for the tip!

Also, I don't use a mob trap (I still make a pit but not allowed to kill them). So if you want to join that by all means do so! :D
Wait, so you trap all the mobs in a pit but leave them alive? Do you go bash the daylight survivors' skulls in with a frying pan come morning?

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, so you trap all the mobs in a pit but leave them alive? Do you go bash the daylight survivors' skulls in with a frying pan come morning?
You CAN but every time I've messed with the pit at least one creeper detonates and sends everything on a BAD downward sprial xD. I still collect the drops from my base though (if you want I can show you a pic of how I do it)

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
downward spiral in MC.png and by downward spiral...this might be interesting XD.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So apparently water bottles stack indefinitely in a filing cabinet. I was quite disappointed when I made a JABBA barrel for them and found that they still wouldn't stack. Thinking that the filing cabinet holds 256 items I felt that would be a better choice. I didn't know they would stack and just keep stacking.

Not sure if it's a bug or an exploit, but until I see a downside with it I will continue using it.

Edit: It may stop accepting them once it hits a stack of 270. I have about 100 in there at the moment so we shall see.
Don't know what you're referring to, but water bottles definately stack in a jabba barrel. They don't stack, but they go in. as a stack of 1. I fill up my camel pack with a system that specifically keeps 32 water bottles in a jabba barrel at all times.

The reason I love the jabba barrels so much is the ability to just grab items without a gui. That's why I prefer jabba over DSU's usually. When I make cobblegens, I make the jabba the primary and the DSU the overflow so I can grab cobble on the go.

Reactions: Shane2482

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
There is a bug with DSU I experienced. I have an autonomous activator with a vanilla hopper and a DSU on the hopper. The DSU has 200k+ Dust in it. But for some reason, when the AA and the hoppers inventory fill up, the DSU starts deleting dust at a fairly rapid rate, like 10 dust per second. Luckily for me I caught it right away and didn't lose too much. I switched out the hopper for an item transfer node. That fixed the problem. DSU doesn't seem to like vanilla hoppers.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
You CAN but every time I've messed with the pit at least one creeper detonates and sends everything on a BAD downward sprial xD. I still collect the drops from my base though (if you want I can show you a pic of how I do it)
Sure, I'd like to see what you mean. I really want to create the sort of experience where I have no pit or other trap, mobs use the Zombie Awareness AI but wander freely instead of getting stuck in a hole. Then in the morning I can grab my cowboy hat and go creeper hunting with my needlegun. xD

Unfortunately, item render distance is the main detractor from collecting drops at dawn. Is there really no mod out there to increase it? :<
Don't know what you're referring to, but water bottles definately stack in a jabba barrel. They don't stack, but they go in. as a stack of 1. I fill up my camel pack with a system that specifically keeps 32 water bottles in a jabba barrel at all times.

The reason I love the jabba barrels so much is the ability to just grab items without a gui. That's why I prefer jabba over DSU's usually. When I make cobblegens, I make the jabba the primary and the DSU the overflow so I can grab cobble on the go.
Exactly. It's the ease of use that matters. I keep my dust in a barrel for the very same reason. One quick double-click to dump a whole day's digging into it at once. I don't even need to open my inventory GUI.

@Iskandar Keep your eye on this mod. When Crash landing hits 1.7.10, this has serious potential. http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2198533-storage-drawers

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
on the subject of the lag; i opened F3 up and im seeing in some cases 100+ chunk updates/sec - it might be the tree farm but even when thats idle its still obscenely high, ive not seen it at that rate since i was playing the 7.0 versions of the Mindcrack pack.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Sure, I'd like to see what you mean. I really want to create the sort of experience where I have no pit or other trap, mobs use the Zombie Awareness AI but wander freely instead of getting stuck in a hole. Then in the morning I can grab my cowboy hat and go creeper hunting with my needlegun. xD

Unfortunately, item render distance is the main detractor from collecting drops at dawn. Is there really no mod out there to increase it? :<

Exactly. It's the ease of use that matters. I keep my dust in a barrel for the very same reason. One quick double-click to dump a whole day's digging into it at once. I don't even need to open my inventory GUI.

@Iskandar Keep your eye on this mod. When Crash landing hits 1.7.10, this has serious potential. http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2198533-storage-drawers
heh. I thought storage drawers were going to be underwear with an inventory. :)

Those look really cool. Jabba has (had) a mini barrel that was 1/8th size of barrel (split a block into a 2x2, that's what I mean). They were in at one point and he was working on them then they silently disappeared which bummed me out. Dunno if mobius plans on continuing on with them or not. I'd love to see something along these lines added. My only issue is hooking these kinds of things to storage busses which I think you wouldn't be able to do anymore.

Agreed tho. while mining or farming early on, it's awesome to strafe the barrels hammering right click to put all your stuff away. so so easy.

It's too bad we can't train dogs to go fetch stuff. Ok rover, want this porkchop? GO clean up the trenches right now boy. woof!

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that can be found on the downloads page he sent you, but you'll have to find the patches yourself. He can't legally give you that directly due to copyright law. :p
not for copy rights but because thers a lot of options to chouse from the links will lead to the areas to find them then you can just pick what you want

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Your Pnuecraft hat would help find it I think? Maybe that's why Pnuecraft is included. :p