[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I would have never figured this out on my own. I saw that google spreadsheet thing, but that's just a whole bunch of information I cannot process.

I had the same issue with the spreadsheet. It was very confusing. That being said, Marsupilami has given us an easy to follow turbine recipe, what's a good set up for a 2000mb generating reactor? :)

And, in unrelated news...SOOOOOOOOO done with creeper seeds. How do I stop creepers from dropping them? I am sure I am going to have to edit some file or something, but I'm happy to do whatever is necessary to make them so that they never ever drop ever ever again ever in my world. I'm gana poke around in files, but if someone knows how to get this done, I would love you forever and we could totally be besties.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue with the spreadsheet. It was very confusing. That being said, Marsupilami has given us an easy to follow turbine recipe, what's a good set up for a 2000mb generating reactor? :)

And, in unrelated news...SOOOOOOOOO done with creeper seeds. How do I stop creepers from dropping them? I am sure I am going to have to edit some file or something, but I'm happy to do whatever is necessary to make them so that they never ever drop ever ever again ever in my world. I'm gana poke around in files, but if someone knows how to get this done, I would love you forever and we could totally be besties.
He was referring to my 7x7x7 reactor, which I think produces enough steam for 4 turbines for like 100k+ RF/t. I was saying earlier I only wanted 1 turbine for around 25k RF/t.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
He was referring to my 7x7x7 reactor, which I think produces enough steam for 4 turbines for like 100k+ RF/t. I was saying earlier I only wanted 1 turbine for around 25k RF/t.

I am guessing that if you have, for instance, a 7x7x7 that is producing like 25k uncooled and you hook it up to a teeny, tiny turbine that can't handle the volume of steam being pumped into it, that you just loose the excess power/steam, right?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, I ran into a snag with the PC assembly line. I need a program to make PCB's. Is that a loot item? On the wiki there is a program for a tube and pcb. NEI only shows laser and drill programs.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Not sure what I'm forgetting? I've never seen you post anything about such a challenge. It would definitely be a great goal for the challenges involving not using dirty water, though.
it's what you and I argued about a couple months back. nevermind. Not meaning to reopen old wounds :)

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
it's what you and I argued about a couple months back. nevermind. Not meaning to reopen old wounds :)
No, I don't recall anything about using only cacti for water a la challenge mode. Just some discussion about whether or not cacti were an effective early-game goal.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
why remove at all

Because I hate it. Hate it with the burning intensity of the sun. When they drop from creepers, they blow up my conveyor belts and signal buses and piping and make me want to punch things. I have to go redo some part of my mob trap/auto-spawner room basically every single day. And since you can get creeper seeds with cactus green + grass seed, and since I have about 10 stacks of them from the mob trap/auto-spawner, I don't feel the need to have them drop in my game world anymore.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had problems with creepers dropping seeds blowing up any of my stuff. Run pipes underground and use fans instead of conveyers.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having a problem with shift + double click to move all items of the same type? I just can't seem to get it to work no matter what I try. If I am holding shift I cannot put the item down. Highly annoying.

I also went on my first trip to the city today. It seems to be inhabited completely by pigmen. It was extremely scary. I'm glad I did some testing before I went. Creating a wooden dagger and spending a few minecraft days leveling it up made dispatching the vampire pigmen quite easy.

I managed to hit a few buildings, even found the pnumatic craft and smeltery buildings, not much loot though unfortunately. Time to set it up to create some alloys and head back there with some better armour and weapons.

Edit: Yep I went full retard. It's ctrl+shift+click. Can't believe I forgot about the shortcut menu again. I was just talking about it with Doom the other day. :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomSquirter

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Because I hate it. Hate it with the burning intensity of the sun. When they drop from creepers, they blow up my conveyor belts and signal buses and piping and make me want to punch things. I have to go redo some part of my mob trap/auto-spawner room basically every single day. And since you can get creeper seeds with cactus green + grass seed, and since I have about 10 stacks of them from the mob trap/auto-spawner, I don't feel the need to have them drop in my game world anymore.
Extra Utilities Conveyor Belts wont break but they are more expensive than the MFR vers. So use the MFR belts to get the mobs close then use the EU belts to finish pushing them into the kill room should only need about 2 on each side. Then replace the signal buses and piping with SFM cable, redstone emiter and redstone reciver this way you can turn the spawner on/off as well as pump Fluid into it. If your having problems with power conduits well i havent tested but maybe try the MFR energy cable or the EU Energy pipe.
Further if you use SFM you can set up an auto sorting system for mob drops

Reactions: LostBMe

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had problems with creepers dropping seeds blowing up any of my stuff. Run pipes underground and use fans instead of conveyers.

Cables are entirely underground and the paths the conveyors go down are WAY too long for fans.

Extra Utilities Conveyor Belts wont break but they are more expensive than the MFR vers. So use the MFR belts to get the mobs close then use the EU belts to finish pushing them into the kill room should only need about 2 on each side. Then replace the signal buses and piping with SFM cable, redstone emiter and redstone reciver this way you can turn the spawner on/off as well as pump Fluid into it. If your having problems with power conduits well i havent tested but maybe try the MFR energy cable or the EU Energy pipe.
Further if you use SFM you can set up an auto sorting system for mob drops

This is a good idea, as far as the conveyor belts go. Do the EU ones require power? As for SFM, I am planning on restarting when 1.3 comes out, and I'm gana play with SFM then, but until then, redoing that section of my machine set up would basically require me redoing all machines, all my automation, everything. It's all heavily interconnected and quite a mess, TBH. And while I'd love to have it be more clean and I'd love the extra abilities SFM provides, I just don't really have a strong desire to redo everything just to reset it all when the patch comes out in a couple of weeks.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
This is a good idea, as far as the conveyor belts go. Do the EU ones require power? As for SFM, I am planning on restarting when 1.3 comes out, and I'm gana play with SFM then, but until then, redoing that section of my machine set up would basically require me redoing all machines, all my automation, everything. It's all heavily interconnected and quite a mess, TBH. And while I'd love to have it be more clean and I'd love the extra abilities SFM provides, I just don't really have a strong desire to redo everything just to reset it all when the patch comes out in a couple of weeks.

No power needed and when you do get into SFM well its can be a little complex but the stuff you can do with it is crazy. Check out VSWE SFM creator on YT to see what you can do with it he also has 2 videos on using SFM for auto seiving man ill never want to use a auto activator again. Also Landstryder on YT has a crazy auto chief system that makes food and puts it in his inventory automatically and a auto planter harvester for PC seeds that is the best desine iv seen yet

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I watched Landstyder's videos with the auto food production. It was fucking amazing. It's one of the biggest reasons I am looking forward to the new patch and a restart (so I can do SFM without doing a TON of remodeling). But yeah, it seems complicated. I plan on doing a good deal of research on it. Very excited.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Am I thick?
To pour out of the crucible, don't you need a spout made from 3 bricks, so at least one raid?

The quest to make the unfired crucible and clay bucket (both made out of the clay by the ship) awards a seared casting table, seared faucet, and 2 casts.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
So apparently water bottles stack indefinitely in a filing cabinet. I was quite disappointed when I made a JABBA barrel for them and found that they still wouldn't stack. Thinking that the filing cabinet holds 256 items I felt that would be a better choice. I didn't know they would stack and just keep stacking.

Not sure if it's a bug or an exploit, but until I see a downside with it I will continue using it.

Edit: It may stop accepting them once it hits a stack of 270. I have about 100 in there at the moment so we shall see.

Last edited: