[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, rushed back to area, yeah, no death marker, didn't realize that, but definately had gravestone. It bums me out that the gravestone doesn't contain your knapsack, so that stuff is all over the place scattered.

So, this makes me realize something. So, newb dies, loses all his/her stuff, luckily has sync, but then what? Newb is newb and has no duplicate stuff, so either has to make all new stuff, or CAN'T since they don't have materials, etc. Food. You may have taken your only food with you, now you are set back like who knows how long, and early game, you can't be set back w/o unavoidable consequences.

Yes, newb can do a gamerule keepinventory true or what not. NEI cheat stuff back in, but... yeah, that seems to be a possible problem starting out. Maybe this is what they are basically stating. Once you die, it starts an endless cycle of death, etc. Obviously, we shouldn't change anything across the board to fix this issue, but.... Maybe easy mode and hard mode as they are, and easier mode which does easy mode but changes that keepinventory true in addition to what easy mode does.

OR

Repeatable quest. You died X times, each time you die, give them a crappy sword, some crappy armor, 1 piece of food, 1 bottle of cold water. Told to get back out there, get their stuff, etc... At least they'll have something to maybe get back on track. If they died in city, yeah, not going to help much for anything, but around base, etc... yeah... might.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Or better yet, stop using the knapsack which has always had this problem. I use golden bags of holding instead.
I use those too. I like having ready access to more things that don't require me to have it in my hotbar. And where do you think I keep my collection of golden bags of holding? you got it. In my knapsack! :)

They have another bad quality tho. If you use aroma and assume the backup is a good backup, you're going to have a bad time.

the knapsacks don't save themselves unless you actually go and save/quit. Thus, your aromabackups are useless for restoring mid-game if you keep important things in them. which is good. It got me out of relying on those and instead, just have a backup that works for start of game/end game in case of bug/world destroying whatever.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I only carry 2 golden bags of holding and only regularly use one of them, the other is for hauling back loot. Just about any other pack I'd be using enderpouches. If you need more than 2 bags you're carrying too much crap around. :)

Putting golden bags of holding inside of the knapsack is just asking to get boned.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Tell me more.
water through the cactus recipe only. oh how quickly peeps forget.[DOUBLEPOST=1409363961][/DOUBLEPOST]
I only carry 2 golden bags of holding and only regularly use one of them, the other is for hauling back loot. Just about any other pack I'd be using enderpouches. If you need more than 2 bags you're carrying too much crap around. :)

Putting golden bags of holding inside of the knapsack is just asking to get boned.
I know. creature of habit. If enderstorage was in pack, I'd totally be using them.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
water through the cactus recipe only. oh how quickly peeps forget.
Not sure what I'm forgetting? I've never seen you post anything about such a challenge. It would definitely be a great goal for the challenges involving not using dirty water, though.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
So if I just went with 1 turbine, that should be around 25k RF/t. That good enough for me. Just need enough power for 1 laser drill 4 prechargers.

The ideal setup for 2000 mb / tick of steam is to make a 15x7x7 turbine with 80 blades and 32 blocks of enderium. Should produce about 25k. If you use a closed system for the steam using tesseracts, it should take less than 50 buckets to reach equilibrium. You can also build the turbine right next to the reactor with the input/output ports lined up and no need for tubes, ducts or tesseracts.

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
You get leather from rotten flesh on a drying rack right?
Cook rotten flesh in a furnace good sir! Putting it on a drying rack gives you monster flesh (restores 1/2 heart, good for variety if necessary early game but takes a long time to 'dry' imo).

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
The comments section is amazing...every other comment is berating him for not drinking the salt water. It's kinda hilarious. Poor Generikb.
i know and for every one of thouse comments somebody tell them that you cant do that its mest up nobody reads the comment

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
? It might be the craft 5 PCB's one...I would check with someone who's gotten that far! (I've been too busy to sink too much time in :p)

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
LOL...just came back from a break...base was completely enclosed and lit up (underground w/ glowstone nooks). I watched an armored creeper WALK THROUGH A WALL. Seriously. Almost survived the impending flood, but died with 2 creepers and a spider left. World 14 hype?

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
The ideal setup for 2000 mb / tick of steam is to make a 15x7x7 turbine with 80 blades and 32 blocks of enderium. Should produce about 25k. If you use a closed system for the steam using tesseracts, it should take less than 50 buckets to reach equilibrium. You can also build the turbine right next to the reactor with the input/output ports lined up and no need for tubes, ducts or tesseracts.
Thanks. I would have never figured this out on my own. I saw that google spreadsheet thing, but that's just a whole bunch of information I cannot process.