[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
A. You can use wolves too.
B. There are repeatable quests for pig and wolf spawn eggs.
C. One of my quarry output chests had 3 pig spawners in it. I suspect they came from a chest in one of those netherbrick piles.
ah HAH!

puppy.power.png

so that's 4.09 piggawatts for a wolf and I've getting between 2.5 - 3.2 for pig (actually wolf is fluctuating too). *rubs hands together* Exxxxxscellent smithers. I know what's going to power our next city..... EGGGCELLENT.

The wolf isn't into as much as the pig is. I am going to see how many it takes to equal the RF/T of a dynamo... :) brb. *grin*

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm laughing so hard right now. I had to try it to see what was up.

Yes, treadmill is in, has a recipe, whole bit.

So, sheep. Jumps on top of thing, does nothing. Cow, same. Horse, same. Pig tho? Oh yeah, he gets in and starts running up a storm. Even clipping his head behind him to see behind I guess, too funny. I tried to do something with it but yeah, nada. there goes my idea of a grindstone type power production.

Power output is REAL small, was watching it go to battery and it got 100-200 in a couple seconds (100-200 RF not K RF or anything, it's that small).

Those little guys work their little pig butts off too. Probably real healthy for them. Definately not kosher.

View attachment 12666

I don't think there's a way to get pigs, is there? Spawn egg doesn't have a recipe and there are no spawnable areas on map.. Thus, it's useless I guess.... but man, he looks real cute running his little piggy butt off right there.....

and yeah, I was wrong. High oven can make steam if you pump water into it. You can pump it into deep tank afterwards.
Isn't it like skyblock, where a decently sized grass platform will net you any passive mob?

EDIT: Also, you don't need the lead. Stop bugging me with that lead. The pigs/wolves love the treadmills - they never leave, unless you try to breed them, at which point they jump right off... I guess they have pretty simple desires, then. Exercise, and, well... Yeah. :D

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't it like skyblock, where a decently sized grass platform will net you any passive mob?

EDIT: Also, you don't need the lead. Stop bugging me with that lead. The pigs/wolves love the treadmills - they never leave, unless you try to breed them, at which point they jump right off... I guess they have pretty simple desires, then. Exercise, and, well... Yeah. :D
I thought ocean biomes don't spawn anything but squids?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah I figured that out.... hehe

Here's 40RF/T
40rf.pig.power.png

so.... I wonder what would be 20K RF/T.... nope. it's about one pig/treadmill per 1RF/T. rofl. It's hella noisy. Did this on my test world and tested something else. I safari'd a ghast to see if you could. yup. I can actually spawn ghasts in the massive setup I described. that bugger had a mini creeper on him. those guys are so damn cute. I don't know why I think that. but they are. I want one of those in a plushy. o_O

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
ichun has such fun mods. He certainly "gets" it. It's so awesome that there are so many mod makers out there showing us their awesome creations. I'd say it's like an art form that's impossible to describe to people that don't play. My wife walked in on me, looked over my shoulder, stared for a second, shook her head and just said I don't want to know. Ok, what the hell are you doing to those pigs. I put up a sign after I snapped that pic that said Piggy Power Plant and showed her, she looked again, and said yup, don't wanna know......

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Sniperlif3

Jul 29, 2019
You should really make the lore quest a good amount of meterials. I mean you go over to find some data, then find a part of the ship but you dont get annything but lore. It would be awesome if those were actual places that looks like the rest of your ship that you can scrounge through to find some helpfull items.

Reactions: pc_assassin

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
The lore quest in 1.1.2 is broken sniperlif. The waypoint isn't supposed to be so far from the ship AFAIK; hence why the second part of the quest has you move like 30 blocks to the north of where the objective is, "back" to your ship.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
hey to those that complain about the hardness of this pack or the cities theres a guy iv been watching on Twitch lately Vance Crafter trying to complete CL on hard mode and he has died a lot without making it to a city well a cpl days ago he did a 10hr stream getting prepared for the city next day spent about 5 more hrs getting ready finely he made it to the city about 5 mins later he got caught on the 3rd floor of an office with a brut pig and died after a moment of silence.

He dident rage and curse he just started again and said iv learned somethings made mistakes and will do better the next time. And to play this pack this is the attitude to have

Newt144

Jul 29, 2019
I really enjoy this mod pack. I couldn't find that anyone has suggested this already, but maybe alter the enviromine configs so that every armor has a custom value that you find is balanced? I noticed that this could cause balance issues, with invar especially.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Here's the idea: Allow the extraction of DNA (or whatever) from a player to put in a shell constructor.
Here's the reason: Let's say I'm playing with one other person on easy mode. We both die once, using up the first shell. In order that at least one of us can survive if they die, we divert power from the extra energy cell to the other, so we have enough energy for one more shell. Let's say that I complete that shell. We are now out of energy. Then, my friend dies - and he's gone (It's unimportant whether I die at this point, as long as I have enough lives to go on). So, I'm sad.
But let's say that I also actually survive long enough to get an alright-ish house/fort going, and even some power for the now defunct leadstone energy cells we got. I want my friend back - I have enough power to make a new shell for him - but he's dead and gone, so there is now no way for him to come back without just unbanning him and having him make a shell (remember, this is MP), which is cheating and not fun.
Here's why the reason fits the idea: If I have a DNA sample from my friend, even though he is dead and banned, I can bring him back by inserting his DNA sample (if we had this idea-mod-th

Right, lets modify the shells in three ways.

First, add the "sample a person" item. Rightclick it to use it on yourself, leftclick with it to attack somebody else for a sample.
Seccond, change the shell recipie to require the 'sample' as one of the items it's constructed from. If constructed from a sampler with a tissue sample in it, you get a shell that's ready to make THAT person.
Third. If a sync chamber that has made a clone, but is now empty, gets a redstone signal, it proceedes to make another clone from the previous sample, but with some downside (leaves with less hearts? Debuff?)

Perhaps sneak in a way to get player heads from collecting samples of other people, for the lulz.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Still loving this pack. I'm up to my 10th world (and with the sync... way more than 10 deaths). I think just about every time I died I cursed _myself_ and not the game. Well, maybe a little, but then I apologized... Very quietly, under my breath.

Hope Iskander is healing up nicely, but not because I want him to rush to finish 1.1.3. Just because he seems like a solid guy who could use a break.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I tried to get a snap of this guy but he zapped away before I could.

Ok, I just spent 2 MC days decimating one of those nether fortress thingies that I had already cleared out of spawners so it was safe. thought I'd be done by night but wasn't, but was as finished as I could be, headed home. other city is on the way and decided to fill the rest of my inventory before heading home. I'm a greedy bastard.

Dropped down with glider to top of one of those office towers, picked through block and saw an enderman spawn, so was like ok, where spawner, just before I picked spawner, I saw what can only be described as a MINI enderman. I mean, like TEENY, like small as mini creeper but I swear, smaller. I aggro'd him accidentally. I turned around boom, here's this little bitty dude attacking me, well, now I've got 3 endermen in this room and they are all aggro'd. notice I'm down to 3 health, jump out of window, realized I no longer had my glider. at. all.

See a baby skel in there just as I fly up to the sky.

Hey! sync works! :)

And I think they are getting smarter and working in unison. Damn mob unions. I'm gonna go jimmy hoffa on their asses when I get back there.[DOUBLEPOST=1409358226][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whose fault do you think it is I came up with that optional challenge in the first place? ;P
you haven't played CL till you take the cactus challenge..... *grin*

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
I just spent 2 MC days decimating one of those nether fortress thingies.

I got pretty far out into the desert and found some really weird tower-ish netherbrick building (not the usual nether fortress with the spawners). It was almost like a... spine shape or something? (maybe it's one of the still-dormant endgame buildings...)

I haven't gotten very far in looting the nether fortress things... Any good/different loot in there? (sorry if this is spoiler-ish!)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
From Twitter @Iskan_Dar Let me qualify that: outstanding for hospital food. Not restaurant or home cooked, but decidedly decent. I feel better all over[DOUBLEPOST=1409358580][/DOUBLEPOST]
I got pretty far out into the desert and found some really weird tower-ish netherbrick building (not the usual nether fortress with the spawners). It was almost like a... spine shape or something? (maybe it's one of the still-dormant endgame buildings...)

I haven't gotten very far in looting the nether fortress things... Any good/different loot in there? (sorry if this is spoiler-ish!)
Any netherbrick structure is a CA ruin that will be removed in 113 and they should have city loot in them

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Any netherbrick structure is a CA ruin that will be removed in 113 and they should have city loot in them

Yep, I knew they were in by accident. I thought I saw some pressure plates on the floor in one of them, so I was wondering just how different they are.

_and_ thanks for passing along that tweet. I follow, but hadn't checked twitter at all today.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I knew they were in by accident. I thought I saw some pressure plates on the floor in one of them, so I was wondering just how different they are.

_and_ thanks for passing along that tweet. I follow, but hadn't checked twitter at all today.

not too diff just the blocks used, there darker which means more mobs, and there are suposed to be some traps but do to rotational probs with the mods most dont work. So iv gone through and copyed some of them and reworked them to work better and look like they belong in the pack and these will replace the the netherbrick ones in 113