[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Big Reactors is such a cool mod, thematically a great fit for the pack.

Every time I look at this:
I hear this:

Long story short, who doesn't like 24,000RF/tick?

that is so awesome looking. I totally agree with the soundtrack for it. I had never ever thought to make the thing going up. That is pretty damn cool looking. I might have to jump in and make one of those this time around.

Curious question tho, is it true it's closed loop after initial couple water buckets? I've always poured massive amounts of water into it previously but using AA's so it didn't matter. That would really encourage using these things in CL.

Also wonder if the big reactor is the only way to produce steam for the thing using furnace fuel or something along those lines. I guess then it might not be closed loop anymore then but has me curious anyways.

I agree tho. big reactors is just pure awesomeness. I've made the ic2 reactors and thought they were odd, and watched bevo make the one from reika and that thing was massive but also was complex as hell. I really don't like the idea of these things exploding. I hope they don't add that ability or radiation or anything. but that's just me.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Curious question tho, is it true it's closed loop after initial couple water buckets? I've always poured massive amounts of water into it previously but using AA's so it didn't matter. That would really encourage using these things in CL.
Closed loop. Total water required was less than 50 buckets. Make sure your turbine is set to not vent.

Also wonder if the big reactor is the only way to produce steam for the thing using furnace fuel or something along those lines. I guess then it might not be closed loop anymore then but has me curious anyways.
It will take steam from anything. In this pack it is problematic to do it with other mods due to non-infinite water, though. In other packs though you can do it with boilers from railcraft or factorization.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
If i didn't like the modpack i would have deleted it's folder from the launcher myself the problem is there is too less alternatives that i see i can say i tried to go to the hard path and i saw it didn't worked i gone to the easy path(in the HQM) too but that doesn't work sometimes too i am just noting out that waypoints don't work and the cities have way too much spawners that doesn't mean it should be changed but at last considered to lower the number or have a config option somehow to disable i m not asking the whole modpack to be changed my way i can always use the configs i am not the rude one here to say that "i am not asking "the game to be fundamentally changed" just for me " i just said that it is in fact not true double ore output in the crucible which is nut crucial
waypoints using zans minimap do work for now in 112. I know, I used them. You do get a death marker as well, so that works too. Not sure why not for you... but they do work. In 113, he's removing that ability but you can just edit configs and turn it back on.

As far as the sync chamber and suffocation, you're talking to the one that got bit by it first here. PODonnell gave me inspiration to put it in the air and not in the ship and that's what I'm doing now. I've only died once since doing that but I guess I won't know if it spawns me somewhere weird or not. I use aromabackup in case that happens. Look back through thread and you'll find every part that you're curious about in there somewhere. Trust me. We've had enough eyes on this over the last couple months it's silly. The backlog of pages is a treasure trove of information.

Reactions: cannajan

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Twisto51 savegame download PLZ
I second this motion

Dumped all the stuff off my character into a diamond chest by the bed.
I added Dimensional Anchors (57.1.96) and immibis-core (57.2.0) to the pack because I like his chunkloader that "just works". If you don't add those there will be a block missing from the span between the two domes.
Outside the main base are a few pillboxes I setup for when I needed to manually farm blazes, endermen, and wither skeletons. In a city not too far away there is an enderquarry running. If you get my waypoints in that archive you can find it easy.

Oh and if you play in that world very long you might want to back out the control rods a bit, I didn't fine tune them before zipping the world up.

Never used mediafire before, hopefully this works.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bbawno5euj7foox/ForRealsThisTime.7z

Last edited:
Reactions: pc_assassin

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
So what size turbine is optimal for a 7x7x7 big reactor? My reactor makes around 11k RF/t so I would like to upgrade that with a turbine to like 20k+ RF/t if possible.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
So what size turbine is optimal for a 7x7x7 big reactor? My reactor makes around 11k RF/t so I would like to upgrade that with a turbine to like 20k+ RF/t if possible.

A reactor that size would produce enough steam for multiple turbines. Turbines are capped at 2000Mb/tick of steam.

I went with a 9x9x3 which gives just a bit more than 2000Mb/tick of steam since I didn't want to build more than one turbine.

You might see if your design is in here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...sV5eFqBWUeGGvtyQ6e1agJN2s/edit#gid=1439247654

The reasons I wanted just one turbine are 1) I had to hit 6-7 reactor buildings to get most of the parts for a single turbine. 2) I still needed 100+ extra cyanite, mostly for the blades. You can setup a very hot and inefficient reactor to speed cyanite production but it will still take awhile in game. 3) Only thing to use that power on is a Laser Drill and do I really need a Laser Drill in a pack with Ex Nihilo? Not really. Made one anyhow, this is FTB.

EDIT: Looking at the sheet there is a 7x7x7 and it produces enough steam for FOUR turbines, lol. So you're talking ~100,000RF/tick if you made all 4.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
A reactor that size would produce enough steam for multiple turbines. Turbines are capped at 2000Mb/tick of steam.

I went with a 9x9x3 which gives just a bit more than 2000Mb/tick of steam since I didn't want to build more than one turbine.

You might see if your design is in here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...sV5eFqBWUeGGvtyQ6e1agJN2s/edit#gid=1439247654

The reasons I wanted just one turbine are 1) I had to hit 6-7 reactor buildings to get most of the parts for a single turbine. 2) I still needed 100+ extra cyanite, mostly for the blades. You can setup a very hot and inefficient reactor to speed cyanite production but it will still take awhile in game. 3) Only thing to use that power on is a Laser Drill and do I really need a Laser Drill in a pack with Ex Nihilo? Not really. Made one anyhow, this is FTB.

EDIT: Looking at the sheet there is a 7x7x7 and it produces enough steam for FOUR turbines, lol. So you're talking ~100,000RF/tick if you made all 4.
So if I just went with 1 turbine, that should be around 25k RF/t. That good enough for me. Just need enough power for 1 laser drill 4 prechargers.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Please make and or find an alternative method for the Smeltery, High Oven and Pneumaticraft stuff because some people LIKE ME don't have a monster of a computer and are playing in linux just to have lower ram usage and be able to even run the modpack im having enough fps issues (even with optifine) by even runing the game and when thoose overpowered zombie pigmen and all other mobs start spawning im pretty much always dead never lived up the city even with the pillar up tactics to run out of fight..i saw a comment where it would be smaller cityes but it doesn't matter there must be harder SAFER way to get thoose items (maybe much more resource intensive but i just wan't to have a block stuff it with items and wait maybe 10 weeks but have my items that i CANNOT GET) ...im sorry i don't want' to be rude but it's just so much frustrating when something forces you to do in a way you don't wan't to do things...maybe make a smaller city where only there are no chests but only smeltery and or high oven or somehow move the small buildings out of the center of the city and move around the edges ?

Let me just confirm today that i put 9 iron dust in there and got 9 iron ingots so no double output there..also no way to automate getting stuff because you don't have access to machine block It's getting harder to stay calm when you die more than 10 times people get discouraged...i stopped a lot of times playing this mod pack but there is always something annoying about it like not having a waypoint after you die is one of the frustrating parts where you can't retrieve all your items and in the end of the day just starve or die to mobs because you couldn't recharge your sync machine or make weapon ( in fact i didn't died ) i don't have that much fps issues i can say my pc is not that bad but anybody can have random lag spike you might be in the middle of jumping on top of a building and 3 hearts left and get 1 shoted by pigmen

^ Your initial post here was not about waypoints, sync or making weapons. It was about not being able to get double/triple ores or getting into Pneumaticraft stuff because you can't go to a city. Sorry about the misinfo about the oredoubling in the crucible - I thought I read in the questbook that it does. It still doesn't stop you from trying to get into pneucraft though I think? And no, it doesn't take 10 weeks to get into it. More like 2 weeks - for those peaceful players thinking about back-up plans just in case the go out and conquer method doesn't work.:oops:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

All the more reason to add enderio and my favorite block from that mod. Those so-awesome capacitor banks that you can just make more and it increases the IN/OUT maximum as well as increasing capacity. That is my absolute favorite energy storage in modded minecraft.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
All the more reason to add enderio and my favorite block from that mod. Those so-awesome capacitor banks that you can just make more and it increases the IN/OUT maximum as well as increasing capacity. That is my absolute favorite energy storage in modded minecraft.

EnderIO also gives us another way to get cyanite. :) Processing yellorium in a sag mill has a chance of cyanite dust as an extra. Think 5%.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Closed loop. Total water required was less than 50 buckets. Make sure your turbine is set to not vent.

It will take steam from anything. In this pack it is problematic to do it with other mods due to non-infinite water, though. In other packs though you can do it with boilers from railcraft or factorization.
yeah, but isn't there a steam generator in MFR? Theoretically, you'd have to have cyanite, thus a reactor setup to make the turbines, but you could provide steam via that and power those via furnace generators or any other power. I'm thinking a scenario that might require that, like initial setup while you are multiplying turbines making cyanite using a standalone reactor, but wanting to get power right away, that kind of thing. Are those treadmills enabled in CL from sync? Wonder if those create any power worth using. get some pigs or zombies and see if you can use the mobs for power. heheh zombie slave power for the win!

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, but isn't there a steam generator in MFR? Theoretically, you'd have to have cyanite, thus a reactor setup to make the turbines, but you could provide steam via that and power those via furnace generators or any other power. I'm thinking a scenario that might require that, like initial setup while you are multiplying turbines making cyanite using a standalone reactor, but wanting to get power right away, that kind of thing. Are those treadmills enabled in CL from sync? Wonder if those create any power worth using. get some pigs or zombies and see if you can use the mobs for power. heheh zombie slave power for the win!
As to the sync stuff, I believe I may be able to help.
1) If I recall correctly (I may be wrong), zombies don't work on those; it's only pigs. That's why the energy they made was/is called piggawatts.
2)The conversion rate between RF and PW (PGW? PT? I give up on abbreviations... They're piggawatts) is 2 / 1 - or the other way 'round, I don't remember exactly.
3) As for being enabled... I have no clue.

AyVaZzZ4o0

Jul 29, 2019
waypoints using zans minimap do work for now in 112. I know, I used them. You do get a death marker as well, so that works too. Not sure why not for you... but they do work. In 113, he's removing that ability but you can just edit configs and turn it back on.

As far as the sync chamber and suffocation, you're talking to the one that got bit by it first here. PODonnell gave me inspiration to put it in the air and not in the ship and that's what I'm doing now. I've only died once since doing that but I guess I won't know if it spawns me somewhere weird or not. I use aromabackup in case that happens. Look back through thread and you'll find every part that you're curious about in there somewhere. Trust me. We've had enough eyes on this over the last couple months it's silly. The backlog of pages is a treasure trove of information.
Yes Death Point works but only if you don't go into sync shell after you die... somehow when using the sync shell doesn't create the death marker i have no idea why...i have no problem diying because thanks to survival generators i got like at last one extra life as long as i stay safe until my clone is created... i will try updating or add opis(also for hunting the slowdowns )

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
As to the sync stuff, I believe I may be able to help.
1) If I recall correctly (I may be wrong), zombies don't work on those; it's only pigs. That's why the energy they made was/is called piggawatts.
2)The conversion rate between RF and PW (PGW? PT? I give up on abbreviations... They're piggawatts) is 2 / 1 - or the other way 'round, I don't remember exactly.
3) As for being enabled... I have no clue.
I swear you could use mobs in there. maybe only passive mobs tho. not just pigs.

If it was enabled, that would be an interesting alternative to energy production early game ala the AE grindstone. Get on the exercise machine to rev up the sync chamber so you can die once.[DOUBLEPOST=1409346771][/DOUBLEPOST]
It is a steam consumer, not producer. I suspect it exists as a relatively lag-free alternative to Railcraft steam engines.
You're right but I just thought of another. The deep tank. You can use it to produce steam tho I don't remember how.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I swear you could use mobs in there. maybe only passive mobs tho. not just pigs.

If it was enabled, that would be an interesting alternative to energy production early game ala the AE grindstone. Get on the exercise machine to rev up the sync chamber so you can die once.[DOUBLEPOST=1409346771][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're right but I just thought of another. The deep tank. You can use it to produce steam tho I don't remember how.
Die once. Or twice. Or as many times as it takes.
Or... Your friend can die once. Or twice. Or as many times as they forget to put their ores in the ores chest and the dirt in the dirt chest, coincidentally.

Wait, did I say that? That's definitely not at ALL a thing that bugs me insanely to the point of in-game murder. Definitely.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, I'm laughing so hard right now. I had to try it to see what was up.

Yes, treadmill is in, has a recipe, whole bit.

So, sheep. Jumps on top of thing, does nothing. Cow, same. Horse, same. Pig tho? Oh yeah, he gets in and starts running up a storm. Even clipping his head behind him to see behind I guess, too funny. I tried to do something with it but yeah, nada. there goes my idea of a grindstone type power production.

Power output is REAL small, was watching it go to battery and it got 100-200 in a couple seconds (100-200 RF not K RF or anything, it's that small).

Those little guys work their little pig butts off too. Probably real healthy for them. Definately not kosher.

piggie.power.png

I don't think there's a way to get pigs, is there? Spawn egg doesn't have a recipe and there are no spawnable areas on map.. Thus, it's useless I guess.... but man, he looks real cute running his little piggy butt off right there.....

and yeah, I was wrong. High oven can make steam if you pump water into it. You can pump it into deep tank afterwards.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Burshaz

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using item ducts, setting the stack size down to 16 on the duct pulling the items out of an inventory will help deal with this issue on a small 1x1 chamber. It doesn't completely resolve it, because it's still going to try and push all the items in, it just happens in smaller chunks that the pump can recover pressure for in a reasonable time.

How does speed upgrade in the chamber interfaces affect the amount of air needed/used on item insertion. I know they speed up the process but do they reduce the amount of air needed?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
How does speed upgrade in the chamber interfaces affect the amount of air needed/used on item insertion. I know they speed up the process but do they reduce the amount of air needed?
They increase the speed at which they accept items and open/close, thus minimizing the air loss for each operation.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there's a way to get pigs, is there? Spawn egg doesn't have a recipe and there are no spawnable areas on map..
A. You can use wolves too.
B. There are repeatable quests for pig and wolf spawn eggs.
C. One of my quarry output chests had 3 pig spawners in it. I suspect they came from a chest in one of those netherbrick piles.