[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Holding nonstackable items efficiently is the purpose of the filing cabinet.
Hmm yeah, I did read that in the wiki page about it. I just thought it meant it would take 270x1 stacks. At the moment though it has stacked them and is continuing to stack them. I might be completely misunderstanding here lol. I'm still getting used to all the mods.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's supposed to look like they stack for ease of access, the same as in ME terminals. The cabinet still holds 270 items (same ID) total, while the advanced one holds 540 of non-stackables of any kind.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's supposed to look like they stack for ease of access, the same as in ME terminals. The cabinet still holds 270 items (same ID) total, while the advanced one holds 540 of non-stackables of any kind.
Ah right, thanks for clearing that up. I was getting worried it was a bug and would cause my world to become corrupt lol. You never know with Minecraft.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly is SFM? I've figured out that it must be some sort of red stone, but if I knew what it stood for, I might actually know what the mod is. This thread has more abbreviations than any other thread I've been on. XD

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly is SFM? I've figured out that it must be some sort of red stone, but if I knew what it stood for, I might actually know what the mod is. This thread has more abbreviations than any other thread I've been on. XD
Steve's Factory Manager. Moves items and fluids to and from inventories, redstone emitters and receivers, block placing/breaking, collecting/spitting out items, all programmed in the form of a flow graph. Very powerful and fairly cheap.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I would have never figured this out on my own. I saw that google spreadsheet thing, but that's just a whole bunch of information I cannot process.

It is actually 37 enderium blocks. 5 rings - 3 blocks.[DOUBLEPOST=1409403677][/DOUBLEPOST]
Because I hate it. Hate it with the burning intensity of the sun. When they drop from creepers, they blow up my conveyor belts and signal buses and piping and make me want to punch things.
The other conveyor belts that are full blocks aren't affected by those mini-explosions. They're more expensive but worth it, IMHO for that and other reasons.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Vswe the creator of Steves Factory Manager made a sieving system using his mod,

Steve's Factory Manager. Moves items and fluids to and from inventories, redstone emitters and receivers, block placing/breaking, collecting/spitting out items, all programmed in the form of a flow graph. Very powerful and fairly cheap.
Thanks a ton for the help. I just need to get caught up on some stuff. :)

On a different note, I'm going to repeat my request for resource pack recommendations.
I enjoy playing in hd, and I like playing with resource packs. I tried loading Soartex, but I think the 98 mod/64x64 texture combo was too much for my computer, even though it's a good one. So, any resource packs with mod patches/support you fellas can point out?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a hidden quest that allows you complete "Important Information" under the "Basic Survival" quest line? Or, does it stay 93% with the only way to complete is with the edit book?

I'm feeling a bit cheated after gearing up and taking on the city, finding some awesome pneumaticraft loot, and still have to craft the items for the quest. :(

Last edited:

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any tips on taking on the city ruins?
I found the jet pack and glider made it possible for me, you can search for the buildings you want and land on the roof, I went down through a wall, luckily I found myself in the centre of the high oven, so I could take out the spawner hiding there, from that safe spot I could get rid of mobs, spawners and secure the room, watch out for pigmen trying to get in, I like to block windows and doors, as I've died to archers through odd gaps. Needlegun was used and an obsidian longsword(has lunge but I'm just not used to using it
Helps to know where spawners are, I died enough to learn them :p but you could go into a test world to look around. I learnt to run home once I had smeltery blocks & loot from that building, dont go for just one more! - I can go back with armour next time.
Always have a sync shell made before you go.
All the cities are going to be buried in the dust in the next version, new tactics will be needed!

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
So apparently water bottles stack indefinitely in a filing cabinet. I was quite disappointed when I made a JABBA barrel for them and found that they still wouldn't stack. Thinking that the filing cabinet holds 256 items I felt that would be a better choice. I didn't know they would stack and just keep stacking.

Not sure if it's a bug or an exploit, but until I see a downside with it I will continue using it.

Edit: It may stop accepting them once it hits a stack of 270. I have about 100 in there at the moment so we shall see.
Pretty sure filing cabinets can hold 1728 items. It's basically the same as a vanilla chest 27 slots x 64 items per slot = 1728. Edit: Just tried it with water bottles, it goes well over 270 no problem. Also, this is intended, not a bug.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure filing cabinets can hold 1728 items. It's basically the same as a vanilla chest 27 slots x 64 items per slot = 1728. Edit: Just tried it with water bottles, it goes well over 270 no problem. Also, this is intended, not a bug.
I guess the wiki has incorrect information then.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
On a different note, I'm going to repeat my request for resource pack recommendations.
I enjoy playing in hd, and I like playing with resource packs. I tried loading Soartex, but I think the 98 mod/64x64 texture combo was too much for my computer, even though it's a good one. So, any resource packs with mod patches/support you fellas can point out?

BDcraft t its a bit cartoonie but it has textures for a lot of mods as well as sizes from 16x to 128x

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I get a new job I try to automate it with SFM. Maybe the blocks for SFM need to be a bit more expensive in this pack? :) I've got it doing water, food, enderium, and fluxed electrum.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a hidden quest that allows you complete "Important Information" under the "Basic Survival" quest line? Or, does it stay 93% with the only way to complete is with the edit book?

I'm feeling a bit cheated after gearing up and taking on the city, finding some awesome pneumaticraft loot, and still have to craft the items for the quest. :(

93% is complete and there are some crafting quest that need to be changed to detection quest this will be done in 113 however due to health Iskandar wont be updating anytime soon

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... I can't believe I forgot about this.

For anyone crazy enough to be doing the no cobblegen challenge with me: OB canvas blocks are a cheap building material. My goodness, but I do certainly like how far my wood supplies are now going!