[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
There's one issue here. replicating issue. Finding what causes the problem to occur in the first place and being able to replicate it. Both times that I died and either had sync fail or sorta glitch but no fail on me, I had been in city quite a bit of time. Enough time for my chunks to unload (theoretically, see next paragraph). But, I've also died w/no issues while going into cities for length of time and just as I've gotten there, a big combination. Near base, not near base. Having those 2 isolated incidents to gauge the rest is not enough information to go on.

But, (big but -- insert sir mix alot joke here, I cannot lie). But, here's where I have issues with the whole theory. Spawn loaded chunks. Spawn is supposed to be special, always loaded, regardless of chunk loaders, etc. That extends out at a 32 block radius I think (64 blocks diameter). Ship is completely within that radius. My new location for sync shell is right outside ship. So, I'm fairly certain they are always chunkloaded as is everyone else playing pack since everyone spawns same place. I think we discussed this theory back when it happened to me.

I haven't the foggiest. It's a disaster when it happens. Like insurance, you never need it till you need it.
One prob with your loaded spawn chunks first its a area of 16×16 chunks centered as close as possible to the world spawn and second the ship isnt the spawn, spawn is +279 +36 this is because this is a pregen map and Iskandar dident put the ship at spawn because spawn is to close to a city. 2nd like i said this is happining in that brief moment between loading the chunk and spawning in the chamber and if there is any lag spike at all during this time then you glitch but if you dont have a lag spike then no prob which would explain the inconsistency of this bug. Thats why i would like some ppl to test this in a test world with and without chunk loaders to see if we can get a better understanding of this

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I dont have the foggiest how to use that, sorry @Shane2482

Edit: that sync glitch sounds strangely familiar to a bug in Twilight Forest, where you jump through your portal and end up under it, suffocate to death in stone ...
I can walk you through it if shane can't. It's really not that difficult. pm me here if you want, and I can tell you step by step what to do. Leaving for a few hours now but will be back.[DOUBLEPOST=1409444332][/DOUBLEPOST]
One prob with your loaded spawn chunks first its a area of 16×16 chunks centered as close as possible to the world spawn and second the ship isnt the spawn, spawn is +279 +36 this is because this is a pregen map and Iskandar dident put the ship at spawn because spawn is to close to a city. 2nd like i said this is happining in that brief moment between loading the chunk and spawning in the chamber and if there is any lag spike at all during this time then you glitch but if you dont have a lag spike then no prob which would explain the inconsistency of this bug. Thats why i would like some ppl to test this in a test world with and without chunk loaders to see if we can get a better understanding of this
AHHHHH that explains it then. Yes, most definately. Can't you reset spawn tho and use that as a test case against the issue?

My issue still stands tho. Recreating the incident that causes it. I don't see how any of my deaths are any different than the ones where sync did or possibly screw up. Alot were at city and some were within short time from leaving ship, others hours or mc days since. It's not easilly replicatable. That is the issue. I think it'll take someone that has a relationship with ichun or iskandar to talk to ichun and ask him what possible things could recreate this issue. without that, you're shooting in the dark, hoping for an issue that even if it happens, you won't be able to recreate in a controlled environment that has no other factors involving it. right? Trust me on this. Key point for these kinds of failures is identifying and being able to replicate that failure. without it, you have no data to work with. Ichun might have insight on things to try or ways to debug it if it does happen so you're not wasting your time.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
waypoints using zans minimap do work for now in 112. I know, I used them. You do get a death marker as well, so that works too. Not sure why not for you... but they do work. In 113, he's removing that ability but you can just edit configs and turn it back on.

As far as the sync chamber and suffocation, you're talking to the one that got bit by it first here. PODonnell gave me inspiration to put it in the air and not in the ship and that's what I'm doing now. I've only died once since doing that but I guess I won't know if it spawns me somewhere weird or not. I use aromabackup in case that happens. Look back through thread and you'll find every part that you're curious about in there somewhere. Trust me. We've had enough eyes on this over the last couple months it's silly. The backlog of pages is a treasure trove of information.
as an FYI, I tested my layout MANY times in a test word switching back and forth from creative without being able to re-create the suffocation problem.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
@twisto51 @Nick_11_Crafter @DoomSquirter
this has been brought up before but not confirmed till now flux caps will charge the energy cell if you have both in your hotbar and the cap turned on, it charges slow but it will work
I just tried this and it did not work. Is this verifiable? how slow? I let it sit for about 30 seconds to a minute. the cell had 0 energy before/after.

AHH. that's the issue. the cap has to be to the left of the cell. then it does work (just verified).

tszaboo

Jul 29, 2019
Is it even worth to make the PCB assembly line? I made a de-spawn proof setup with vanilla dispenser and hopper, and I'm not sure if the assembly line would be even used if I make it. This setup can etch like 20 PCBs at the same time, definitely more than the UV light thingie makes.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I can walk you through it if shane can't. It's really not that difficult. pm me here if you want, and I can tell you step by step what to do. Leaving for a few hours now but will be back.[DOUBLEPOST=1409444332][/DOUBLEPOST]
AHHHHH that explains it then. Yes, most definately. Can't you reset spawn tho and use that as a test case against the issue?

I dont want to replacate just get a base line cheat in a bunch of Sync shells then set a waypoint in one of the cities and then just kill yourself a few time in the city without loading the shell then do again with the shell loaded to see what happends. Even if you glitch 1 of 3 times while unloaded but dont glitch at all when they are loaded this will push tword this being a load prob. Also i dont want me and you to have to be the only ones to test this id like to get other in on this as well

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
as an FYI, I tested my layout MANY times in a test word switching back and forth from creative without being able to re-create the suffocation problem.
if the problem happens 1 in a 1000 and you tested 900 times, does it mean it never happens? It can happen the first time, the last time. that's the issue with this problem. I had it happen. I know I didn't do anything truly stupid. (not this time at least). did you have your sync chamber in the ship? or in the water? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Is it even worth to make the PCB assembly line? I made a de-spawn proof setup with vanilla dispenser and hopper, and I'm not sure if the assembly line would be even used if I make it. This setup can etch like 20 PCBs at the same time, definitely more than the UV light thingie makes.
Maybe if you're planning to make an AE system?

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
So where do we all overnight the chicken soup too?
not sure but i wanted to try and help out as much as i can this is one reason iv been so hot and heavy on the bugs and issues latley and iv keeping notes on whats been going on in the forum. Hoping that when he does get better i can ease the transition back to this

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
if the problem happens 1 in a 1000 and you tested 900 times, does it mean it never happens? It can happen the first time, the last time. that's the issue with this problem. I had it happen. I know I didn't do anything truly stupid. (not this time at least). did you have your sync chamber in the ship? or in the water? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
My sync is basically built in a fountain in my "front yard", and I was simply testing my layout to see how likely I was to have the suffocation issue. Yes I realize that I can't at all say it's impossible, what I meant is that I've determined that it seems to be a VERY small probability when lain out in such a way.....

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
@DoomSquirter you want replication well iv got it did like i said set up 6 sync constructors when to the city an killed myself spawned in a void and started taking damage TPed to a dif location and world still wouldnt load game crashed and save was corrupted started a new world and tried again same thing spawned in a void this time i close out of the world and reloaded spawned under the ship. Next i added the MFR chunk loader and went back to the citie and died i did this 4 time and every time it was a perfict landing. @PODonnell @twisto51 @Shin Sekai what im going on about is the sync bug and because you guys are some big name on here i figured id invite you all in on this as well. I believe the prob is with the shell being unloaded so if you all could help conferm or just pass the info along i would appreciate it

AddictifyChris

Jul 29, 2019
phew this is hard .-.
Kept hearing explosions overnight & saw this in the morning O_O
Then 2nd night (after afk-ing & getting down to ~15% hydration -> spammed salt water bottles... which is not a good idea), creepers took down my dust wall & let them zombies in.
n1boWZ8.png

firefox1234

Jul 29, 2019
phew this is hard .-.
Kept hearing explosions overnight & saw this in the morning O_O
Then 2nd night (after afk-ing & getting down to ~15% hydration -> spammed salt water bottles... which is not a good idea), creepers took down my dust wall & let them zombies in.
n1boWZ8.png
This is where /gamerule mobGriefing false is your friend XD

Reactions: AddictifyChris

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
That moment when your world gets corrupted and somehow deletes the level.dat file...
I mean cmon I almost finished all the quests D:

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
I can say that I've died in cities a few times and safely made it to my synch shell. I have a chicken chunks loader set up at my base, and the synch shell is parked in the ship, in a corner outside the bridge.

Reactions: Shane2482