[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I figured I'd come back from Dwarf fortress for a bit to see if I could figure out how to reliably recreate sync suffocation........ that is my unloaded sync bay...... so far no joy even when my clones are a LONG way from anything that would be loaded.

regarding attack of the clones..... it would be nice if we could put all the slabs of meat to work......

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Is it even worth to make the PCB assembly line? I made a de-spawn proof setup with vanilla dispenser and hopper, and I'm not sure if the assembly line would be even used if I make it. This setup can etch like 20 PCBs at the same time, definitely more than the UV light thingie makes.

Either way, you will need air pressure to make the stuff work - but the assembly line is a true "fire and forget" system if you hook up the redstone.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I figured I'd come back from Dwarf fortress for a bit to see if I could figure out how to reliably recreate sync suffocation........ that is my unloaded sync bay...... so far no joy even when my clones are a LONG way from anything that would be loaded.

regarding attack of the clones..... it would be nice if we could put all the slabs of meat to work......
Do you have a good PC because i think what is happening is that in the moment between the chunk loading and spawning in the shell if there is any kind of lag spike then you spawn and fall before the world loads then the world loads around you causing you to be under the shell. The reason i can get this to happen all the time is i have a low end PC so there will allway be a bit of lag for me[DOUBLEPOST=1409451950][/DOUBLEPOST]
what how do i get the hidden quest
kill 50 zombies

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a good PC because i think what is happening is that in the moment between the chunk loading and spawning in the shell if there is any kind of lag spike then you spawn and fall before the world loads then the world loads around you causing you to be under the shell. The reason i can get this to happen all the time is i have a low end PC so there will allway be a bit of lag for me

My PC is quit poor..... poor enough it causes me headaches exploring cities....... they are rather fun in minimum view range..... I'll try to test with maximum lag to see if I can recreate.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
My PC is quit poor..... poor enough it causes me headaches exploring cities....... they are rather fun in minimum view range..... I'll try to test with maximum lag to see if I can recreate.
Thank you PO changed my render to tiny purrfect landing tried short once again purrfect landing went back to my standard normal distance and it was Crash Landing (pun intended) :D

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, I was able to recreate, found myself stuck in an unloaded chunk, exited, relogged and found myself stuck in a building between my death point and the cell station.

2014-08-30_19.40.24.png

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Further testing went to world spawn at +279 +36 and repeated the test world spawn rules do work. Iskandar is planning on updating the map for 113 (no you do not need to use it your 112 world will work fine you will just need to load new chunks for the new Ruins) so ill talk to him about ether puting the ship at world spawn or adding a better chunk loader. This should fix the prob. So for now ether add your own chunk loader or use the fountain method. If any others can further conferm please let me know

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Further testing went to world spawn at +279 +36 and repeated the test world spawn rules do work. Iskandar is planning on updating the map for 113 (no you do not need to use it your 112 world will work fine you will just need to load new chunks for the new Ruins) so ill talk to him about ether puting the ship at world spawn or adding a better chunk loader. This should fix the prob. So for now ether add your own chunk loader or use the fountain method. If any others can further conferm please let me know
With what I found during my testing, I'm not sure if the fountain method will work reliably....... my sync revival came to a stop quit a long way from where a fountain would be located. I just really don't know.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
With what I found during my testing, I'm not sure if the fountain method will work reliably....... my sync revival came to a stop quit a long way from where a fountain would be located. I just really don't know.
I believe that if your shell is at least 2 blocks or more off the ground and you have about a 5x5 area around it clear then it should work. But adding a chunk loader would be the best way to go

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that if your shell is at least 2 blocks or more off the ground and you have about a 5x5 area around it clear then it should work. But adding a chunk loader would be the best way to go
My concern is that when I was doing my testing the only time I was able to recreate my body was chunks away from the cell station.[DOUBLEPOST=1409455747][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and sync and falling into the void don't work well together

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
My concern is that when I was doing my testing the only time I was able to recreate my body was chunks away from the cell station.[DOUBLEPOST=1409455747][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and sync and falling into the void don't work well together

man your PC really hates you so ether use the power hog MFR loader or add your own loader for now and ill make sure this gets fixed in 113. As to the void if you quit the world as soon as it happens then then start it back up you will spawn under ground be ready to dig for your life, but if you dont quit it will crash MC and corrupt your world