[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Other than that the city looks nice. Maybe some different looking buildings. They all look too much alike. Or maybe make some of way to get to the upper levels of the buildings. I've noticed the elevators don't work :p
I know the buildings look a lot alike that was do to last min changes. We started with a default city with a few changes however after working on this for a while to get the cities spawning and looking good Iskandar decided that the city was too mid-evil looking and wanted to make it more futuristic. So instead of using the default buildings i had to create all new buildings which between designee and creating templates takes time and scene this is his pack and theres two of us trying to get this to work i keep the buildings clean and simple so it would be easier for him to adjust them the way he liked them. Also i wanted to try to keep the buildings looking like they belong in the same city which after a week of constancy trying to get these city's looking good i managed to get 8 different buildings before my brain shut down. So if you or anyone else has an idea for new buildings plz let me know an ill see what Iskandar says about it.

Edit:
With a Lost city looking so neat and clean I almost expect drones patrolling the streets. It looks like its still inhabited. Oh, that'd be nasty..... a hostile drone spawner........
The city still looks clean because Iskandar still has the block spawn rate set to 100 that way its easier to see if theirs anything wrong with the city after testing he should lower the rate so that every building will be missing random blocks. As to the ladders and trapdoors they are leftover from the walls that used to surround the city will look into removing them

Last edited:
Reactions: Palindrome

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, not sure why it happens, but buildings seem to occasionally like to spawn on top of each other. Not sure how to stop that, just yet. Not a big enough deal where I am worried about it.
It's honestly not a big deal at all. In other FTB packs I've seen Rogue-Like Dungeons spawn on top of each other. It had double the loot so I'm not complaining ;)
With a Lost city looking so neat and clean I almost expect drones patrolling the streets. It looks like its still inhabited. Oh, that'd be nasty..... a hostile drone spawner........

It does look great and is a wonderful effort. Is it safe to assume that over time you still plan to add more complex floor plans and perhaps little details like furniture?

One concern I have is that each room I've seen has basically one entrance and exit, making it real easy to bottleneck the mobs. It's pretty safe to assume that any player reaching the city can be expected to have a jetpack. Clearing the spawners would be as simple as flying to the appropriate height , hacking through a wall, and placing blocks in the appropriate entryways. I suppose at this point I could be missing spawners hidden in the walls.....

edit:I did find a few more floor plans that are a bit more complex.

Not sure what these ladders and trapdoors are supposed to be
View attachment 12337
The good thing about the spawners though is being able to use them for bonemeal and all that fun stuff. I don't know if anyone else watched Direwolf20 but in his LP of AgSkies with Pahimar they made a way to grow and harvest crops using bonemeal and autonomous activators. If you really had the time and water for it you could make a system that would corral the mobs and kill them so all you would have to do is collect the drops and continue on surviving. Now this could make someone super OP in only a few days or it could backfire and cause them to be overrun because of a hidden spawner that they didn't see xD... Iskandar I would love to find hidden spawners... make cities super dangerous :D

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I know the buildings look a lot alike that was do to last min changes. We started with a default city with a few changes however after working on this for a while to get the cities spawning and looking good Iskandar decided that the city was too mid-evil looking and wanted to make it more futuristic. So instead of using the default buildings i had to create all new buildings which between designee and creating templates takes time and scene this is his pack and theres two of us trying to get this to work i keep the buildings clean and simple so it would be easier for him to adjust them the way he liked them. Also i wanted to try to keep the buildings looking like they belong in the same city which after a week of constancy trying to get these city's looking good i managed to get 8 different buildings before my brain shut down. So if you or anyone else has an idea for new buildings plz let me know an ill see what Iskandar says about it.
I wanted to again say kudos, and wanted
It's honestly not a big deal at all. In other FTB packs I've seen Rogue-Like Dungeons spawn on top of each other. It had double the loot so I'm not complaining ;)

The good thing about the spawners though is being able to use them for bonemeal and all that fun stuff. I don't know if anyone else watched Direwolf20 but in his LP of AgSkies with Pahimar they made a way to grow and harvest crops using bonemeal and autonomous activators. If you really had the time and water for it you could make a system that would corral the mobs and kill them so all you would have to do is collect the drops and continue on surviving. Now this could make someone super OP in only a few days or it could backfire and cause them to be overrun because of a hidden spawner that they didn't see xD... Iskandar I would love to find hidden spawners... make cities super dangerous :D
Perhaps some nice TNT spawners like you"ll find in BnB..... lol.... but yeah with as clean as it looks I almost envision an army of drones cleaning the streets and killing everything they run across. That said I have no reason to believe Pnuematicraft puts that kind of thing into a readily usable form for the pack builders. It'd also be pretty OP if players had access to limitless drones......

One thing I noted is that my system lagged hard, but then I have a marginal system for modded minecraft..... which is part of why I'm here so much rather than Bnb.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, right now I have the buildings set at 100% so i can more easily see what I am working with. Also, this is only 2 of the 8 buildings. I have 2 factories ready, but they are irrelevant for the random loot and 5 more buildings I am polishing. When things are set, I will be adding random damage to the buildings.

This was more of a test of the random loot, a general look and feel of the overall theme, and a first run of the city generator to make sure it wasn't over loading computers. Note, cities will be a bit further apart in the live version, so lag spikes will be fewer and the game should load faster.

This is still early yet. That said, the hardest of the work is done. A lot of the rest is tweaking and then assembling the pieces.

And, yes, expect traps. The buildings you will be salvaging from will be very, very dangerous, especially the reactor building.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to again say kudos, and wanted

Perhaps some nice TNT spawners like you"ll find in BnB..... lol.... but yeah with as clean as it looks I almost envision an army of drones cleaning the streets and killing everything they run across. That said I have no reason to believe Pnuematicraft puts that kind of thing into a readily usable form for the pack builders. It'd also be pretty OP if players had access to limitless drones......

One thing I noted is that my system lagged hard, but then I have a marginal system for modded minecraft..... which is part of why I'm here so much rather than Bnb.

About the lagging when the city first spawns most computers will lag a bit but should be fine after. I have a pretty slow PC as well and Iskandar tested with his memory set low. When we started both of our game keep crashing do to the size of the city so we adjusted the size to just work. So if anyone get unmanageable lag or your game crashes when spawning a city let us know and we can adjust the size to help

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
So, quick double check. Would would you like to see in a loot chest? Non-Pneumaticcraft and Tinkers, they will have their own chests.

A lava gen would be nice. As a rare one or two per city find. It would give one a significant reason to go to them.

Biblo15

Jul 29, 2019
What are you doing that we get salt water with the bottles and not normal water? I can see we get a normal water bottle but it changes to salt water after a second.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
What are you doing that we get salt water with the bottles and not normal water? I can see we get a normal water bottle but it changes to salt water after a second.
That's standard for water in an ocean biome when you use a bottle to pick it up.

Reactions: Biblo15

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious, does anyone know what mods still need updating to 1.7.10?
I know Special Mobs and Hunger Overhaul still needs to. Any others?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I have potatoes and carrots. kill some zombies
My understanding is that they will be removed from the drop tables as of the upcoming update. It was announced here a few pages ago.[DOUBLEPOST=1407163220][/DOUBLEPOST]
So EnviroMine does it only if it is a ocean biome?
Yes, enviromine makes all water collected in an ocean biomes "salt". It also adds either dirty or cold water to others.

JBloodthorn

Jul 29, 2019
What about a library / city hall / administrative building? An office building would be neat as well, with big rooms and low walled cubicles.

Adding cobwebs to the chest loot would be a neat touch.