[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
the spawning i new world only creat a copy of the old map not the newest one created. I believe it was to be added in on the next update or 2?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Is it intended that you don't get platinum and ferrous by sieving dust?
Yup.
i believe they want the link to the new map the was created for this mode not a new map? if not i have had comments asking about how to get the newest map. is it on the first post?
No, the new map isn't public yet. I dont mind it getting spread about, but I'm not advertising it. It has a few quirks that need fixing.

Palindrome

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in the hopes it'll help some people who are asking about how to download Crash Landing and play it, I've made a quick little tutorial that takes you through where to find it on the launcher and shows how to get the map.

Sorry if that wasn't quite what the last few people were asking, but I reckon it'll still help a couple of people if it's somewhere visible!

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in the hopes it'll help some people who are asking about how to download Crash Landing and play it, I've made a quick little tutorial that takes you through where to find it on the launcher and shows how to get the map.

Sorry if that wasn't quite what the last few people were asking, but I reckon it'll still help a couple of people if it's somewhere visible!

Reckon this would be good on the first page!
Been enjoying your LP too :)

Reactions: pc_assassin

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
So, quick double check. Would would you like to see in a loot chest? Non-Pneumaticcraft and Tinkers, they will have their own chests.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
So, quick double check. Would would you like to see in a loot chest? Non-Pneumaticcraft and Tinkers, they will have their own chests.
Well, maybe some water bottles. Some food. Maybe some conduits and flux capacitors? It would be a nice reward. Maybe tuberous capacitors, one time use. Some armor? Maybe a little broken, but enchanted? I dunno...

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Can't do anything with damage or NBT. Eh, here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46780505/CrashLanding112DEV3.zip

Not playable, HQM and Enviromine are not included. It does show off what I've got in world gen and the chest loot is implemented in the cities, to a degree. I could use feedback on how things look and if the loot feels appropriate. Note, TiCo and Pneumaticcraft will have their own buildings in the city and their own chests, covering that loot and TE.

Palindrome

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see decorative items that might not be otherwise easily obtainable:
-dead bushes
-ferns
-cobwebs
-lily pads
-mob heads
-compressed cobble for a trophy if it doesn't interfere with the balance of the game?
-grave
-those tablets you can write on you used as a sign on the earlier hard map
-coloured bricks

Maybe some machines/blocks that inspire people that they might not otherwise have known about, like...
-the trading post
-the sound muffler
-bounce pads
-monocle
-conveyor belts
-trash can
-building guide
-item cannon
-spyglass to search out the next city
But just rarely, so they're more like treats than expected and shouldn't clog up the inventory.

Other than that, maybe the very occasional spawn egg, blocks of metal, and food?

Reactions: DoomSquirter

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019

Not sure if something spawned wrong or if that was intended but there's some stuff on the ground

EDIT: Other than that the city looks nice. Maybe some different looking buildings. They all look too much alike. Or maybe make some of way to get to the upper levels of the buildings. I've noticed the elevators don't work :p

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Not sure if something spawned wrong or if that was intended but there's some stuff on the ground

Yeah, not sure why it happens, but buildings seem to occasionally like to spawn on top of each other. Not sure how to stop that, just yet. Not a big enough deal where I am worried about it.

armen1965

Jul 29, 2019
Uhmmmm I prob missed something but how do you get nether quartz?[DOUBLEPOST=1407128958][/DOUBLEPOST]Also could stuff like wool or leave be made to lower temperature[DOUBLEPOST=1407128995][/DOUBLEPOST]Because there is stuff that makes ur temperature higher but I want stuff that will make room temperature

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
With a Lost city looking so neat and clean I almost expect drones patrolling the streets. It looks like its still inhabited. Oh, that'd be nasty..... a hostile drone spawner........

It does look great and is a wonderful effort. Is it safe to assume that over time you still plan to add more complex floor plans and perhaps little details like furniture?

One concern I have is that each room I've seen has basically one entrance and exit, making it real easy to bottleneck the mobs. It's pretty safe to assume that any player reaching the city can be expected to have a jetpack. Clearing the spawners would be as simple as flying to the appropriate height , hacking through a wall, and placing blocks in the appropriate entryways. I suppose at this point I could be missing spawners hidden in the walls.....

edit:I did find a few more floor plans that are a bit more complex.

Not sure what these ladders and trapdoors are supposed to be
2014-08-03_22.53.32.png

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Uhmmmm I prob missed something but how do you get nether quartz?[DOUBLEPOST=1407128958][/DOUBLEPOST]Also could stuff like wool or leave be made to lower temperature[DOUBLEPOST=1407128995][/DOUBLEPOST]Because there is stuff that makes ur temperature higher but I want stuff that will make room temperature

Netherquartz can be aquired by sifting soulsand. You'll get souls sand by adding sand to a barrel of witch water.

Regarding cooling off, I've had a toon get frostbite because I wore metal armor and did some swimming during the night time hours. This mod does not have air conditioning blocks, but then any air conditioning block would have to be FAR more complex than wool or leaves. In a normal enviromine world blocks of ice and snow could work, but too my knowledge that has not been implemented.