[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty much at the end of my 1.1.1 world playthrough, and today I was trying to finish one of the early quests where you have to kill a bunch of mobs. I setup my auto-spawner to spawn the mobs I needed. I was doing the endermen one and was killing them fine in what I thought was a safe position. But then BAM! DIED. I never wear armor so it literally took two quick hits to kill me. Luckily for me, (took hard route quest line) I setup a sync clone a few days ago just for fun not thinking I'd ever actually use it. Boy did that come in handy. But I wasn't totally out of fire yet though, cause one enderman teleported to where I was and got a hit off on my new body. Luckily for me, I was able to punch him another 15 or so times to kill him and avoid dying again. Probably the most excitement I've had so far in this world. /blog

Kyre

Jul 29, 2019
why dont juices hydrate you?
According to the config files (config/enviromine/CustomProperties/MyCustom.cfg) it appears as if several types of juice do indeed hydrate you.

I imagine though that it's disabled for balance reasons. If you have 8 apples anyhow you can turn them into a water bottle.

Last edited:

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
Helium and burst plant plastic crashes the game when you try to make plastic sheets in your inventory crafting grid.

drktemplar06

Jul 29, 2019
barracks where you can finde extra needlgun ammo or enchanted bows.
comms tower. maybe a tesseract or some sort of power gen or dynamo
cafeteria...self explanitory
pet store... spawn eggs

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
So, quick double check. Would would you like to see in a loot chest? Non-Pneumaticcraft and Tinkers, they will have their own chests.
Usefull item like items that can be used to make food, part to machines, extra ammo clips, water, ...etc

cm97878

Jul 29, 2019
How would one turn off hardcore mode? I'm wanting to play this with some friends, and at least for the time being we're just wanting to play the modpack without worrying about lives. I disabled hardcore mode in the server properties file and set the starting lives to max (255) in the HQM config. Dying still permabans me from the server.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Yeah, right now I have the buildings set at 100% so i can more easily see what I am working with. Also, this is only 2 of the 8 buildings. I have 2 factories ready, but they are irrelevant for the random loot and 5 more buildings I am polishing. When things are set, I will be adding random damage to the buildings.

This was more of a test of the random loot, a general look and feel of the overall theme, and a first run of the city generator to make sure it wasn't over loading computers. Note, cities will be a bit further apart in the live version, so lag spikes will be fewer and the game should load faster.

This is still early yet. That said, the hardest of the work is done. A lot of the rest is tweaking and then assembling the pieces.

And, yes, expect traps. The buildings you will be salvaging from will be very, very dangerous, especially the reactor building.
is this update for when this is added in going to cause a map reset?

Kerellian

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait for this to update. Just lost my worked due to a creeper glitching its way through a wall. so I am waiting for the update to try again

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
Unstable (ftb) is updated to 1.7.10 and TE is in there minus ALL ducts which is a riot. alot of unfinished stuff too.

I think the lesson has been learned -- multiple times -- that you don't release "stable" packs with beta mods.

KoD!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait for this to update. Just lost my worked due to a creeper glitching its way through a wall. so I am waiting for the update to try again

You sure that's what happened. I saw a creeper ridding a spider once. That could have bin it.

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
So much looking forward to the next release. Finally, a reason to explore the world beyond the crash!

drktemplar06

Jul 29, 2019
has anybody here had luck on setting up a good sized multiplayer server? id be interested in teaming up with somebody. im more of a sculpter than a techer. soooo yeah

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
You sure that's what happened. I saw a creeper ridding a spider once. That could have bin it.
Lol, I recall a creeper jockey catching me unprepared on my deck.... well I pannicked and quickly found myself building a new deck in a new world.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
How would one turn off hardcore mode? I'm wanting to play this with some friends, and at least for the time being we're just wanting to play the modpack without worrying about lives. I disabled hardcore mode in the server properties file and set the starting lives to max (255) in the HQM config. Dying still permabans me from the server.
Easiest setup would be to cheat in a creative energy cell for the sync constructor, just remember to make a new clone. Also I've heard it said that as long as the world isn't deleted you can un ban someone, I just don't know how to that. :(