[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
1.11 dev Covering the Basics in Tech Revolution still broken what is it supposed to detect
Yes, I'm aware of that. That dev build doesn't have the fix yet. That is a bug within HQM itself, I accidentally made an invisible task.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply I went ahead and added a prc100 to the quest so i can continue on with the quest. By the way loving this mod pack have played through every vision so far and it keeps getting better keep it up.

vorax

Jul 29, 2019
Got an error for you in 1.1.0
Right clicked an itemduct with a wrench under an Ex Nihilo barrel and it crashed to desktop.

http://pastebin.com/ZB9v74ZQ
Starts off with:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.wrenchSide(ConduitItem.java:1008)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.ConduitBase.activate(ConduitBase.java:755)
at codechicken.multipart.BlockMultipart.func_71903_a(BlockMultipart.scala:270)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73078_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:421)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72472_a(NetServerHandler.java:556)
at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet15Place.func_73279_a(SourceFile:58)
at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.func_74428_b(MemoryConnection.java:89)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:141)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:54)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:109)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:691)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Got an error for you in 1.1.0
Right clicked an itemduct with a wrench under an Ex Nihilo barrel and it crashed to desktop.

http://pastebin.com/ZB9v74ZQ
Starts off with:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.wrenchSide(ConduitItem.java:1008)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.ConduitBase.activate(ConduitBase.java:755)
at codechicken.multipart.BlockMultipart.func_71903_a(BlockMultipart.scala:270)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73078_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:421)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72472_a(NetServerHandler.java:556)
at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet15Place.func_73279_a(SourceFile:58)
at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.func_74428_b(MemoryConnection.java:89)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:141)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:54)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:109)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:691)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
TE bug looks like. Can you go back into the world? If it is just a one off crash, I wouldn't worry about it.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
High five for wall!
It's the only way to play. :D The modpack I've been half-heartedly working on (more or less abandoned at this point, getting promoted at the alchemy shoppe means I barely have time for Minecraft now) also used Zombie Awareness, and featured similarly bleak (but only slightly less flat) terrain. I was really searching for Evil ways to get mobs through weaker blocks like dirt and wood when trying to reach the player, but in the meantime...

Well, setting up a moat and having that many bones has its advantages in a bleak world, doesn't it? :D

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is awesome! Having a lot of fun playing on my twitch stream, and I'm going to start a YouTube series featuring it as well.

I'd like to suggest that you add EnderIO mod to the pack (I'd even suggest removing TE if EnderIO had something like the autonomous activator). I really prefer the item and fluid conduits from EIO over TE ducts, that plus the other conduits make for some super compact base design.

Thanks, keep up the good work!

D

Deleted member 128424

I found a bug with the Metal Dusts quest. I had 4 gold in my inventory and hit manual submit, but it didn't detect it. Has anyone else found this bug?

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
V1.1.0 was a lot of fun during this weekend. Awesome job, can't wait for future updates!

I also got into Pneumaticcraft a bit. Farming the stacks of seeds for it was somewhat a pain last time, this run through I built a simple something to help with that. Instead of the seeds jumping all over the place, the are pushed back by the conveyor belts towards the dirt (or water) fields, where they plant themselves again. It's then easy - apply 2 bonemeal, harvest, 2 bonemeal, harvest. Fast and simple. :)
GwLuUVp.png
The conveyor belts were actually left-overs from an early-game mob trap, which supplies bones for all farming needs and rotten flesh for the dirt production. (The pit is just behind the wreck/house, where the mobs cluster up anyway.)
obajBIH.png
Now with Pneumaticcraft going, the hopper will be replaced with an MFR Grinder and the trap will also provide the fuel for the first couple RF dynamos. A proper mob spawner will be next, hopefully with Cursed Earth soon.

@Iskandar , you were asking about additional mods for the pack. Did you consider Steve's Factory Manager?
An amazing mod, that would allow more interesting designs than just using ducts top, side and bottom. It would also fill the gap, that there is currently no autocrafting for the Ex Nihilo dusts. And since the crafting works with Metadata, it could also be used to re-fill the Camel Packs. (Take an empty/half-filled Camelpack and combine it with a bottle of water. Repeat until the pack is full.) Would resolve one of the few remaining annoyances that a couple of people brought up. :)

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, no idea why I blanked on SFM, actually. I will definitely consider adding it. Especially if it can handle camel packs.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I ran into a fluke or three.

Just now I was trying to make compressed iron ingots, but when the tnt goes off (I am a ways away) the iron ingots minus 1 are returned to my inventory and of course no compressed iron is generated. This happened to me once before hence I thought it was a fluke, but just now it happened two times in a row. Any ideas?

Edit: third time is a charm.

Last edited:

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Just now I was trying to make compressed iron ingots, but when the tnt goes off (I am a ways away) the iron ingots minus 1 are returned to my inventory and of course no compressed iron is generated. This happened to me once before hence I thought it was a fluke, but just now it happened two times in a row. Any ideas?

Not related to the fluke, but more a random tip for this quest: Throw the TNT away that you made for the quest and use Tiny TNT from AE instead. (Crafted with 2 Quartz Dust and 2 Gunpowder.) Caused a lot less destruction and it might be just random, but I always get more compressed iron back than when using regular TNT.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Not related to the fluke, but more a random tip for this quest: Throw the TNT away that you made for the quest and use Tiny TNT from AE instead. (Crafted with 2 Quartz Dust and 2 Gunpowder.) Caused a lot less destruction and it might be just random, but I always get more compressed iron back than when using regular TNT.
I will try that next time, thanks. I am almost done with the pressure chamber so I can make the compressed iron more easily.

@Iskandar, thanks for the putting in the effort, really enjoying the pack!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
BTW, I am finding it a constant source of amusement that my pack keeps being referred to as a skyblock map. Um, well...no. I mean, sort of...but no.

King of Blades

Jun 17, 2014
I've been having a strange issue and can't find any relevant posts anywhere.

I can't get salt. None ever drops from sifting, ever. I even tried starting a brand new world and collected ~4 stacks of dust and sifted it all. Zero salt. In total, I've sifted probably 20 stacks of dust in various updates since the release, and I've never had salt at all. NEI shows salt as a sieve recipe, everyone gets salt from sifting dust in LPs. All other minetweaker changes work, I even tried adding a new recipe for salt from 2 dust, shapeless, and it works fine. Not even reinstalling or force updating CL does anything.

Either I'm literally one of the unluckiest people to have ever existed, I'm ridiculously stupid and missing something obvious, or something weird is going on.

Edit: Of course, as soon as I post something I find a post that might be relevant. Give me a minute, I'll test it.

Edit2: Nope, still broken.

Last edited:

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Iskandar, Have you thought about adding the AutoPackager to the pack? I know it was created for Agrarian Skies, but it would be perfect here as well.

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
The Autopackager mod is a really useful addition to Agrarian Skies:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/221457-autopackager

It allows semi-automation of the sieve and hammering of ores and is the main feature of AS which I use to reduce the grind in the mid game. It would probably be more late-game with CL because Autonomous Activators and other TE devices have been pushed further down the tech tree.

I think it has been mentioned before in this thread, but I think it's worth mentioning again.
Any chance this could be added to the pack?

I might add it to my pack when I get to the point of needing it, and post up a video of it in action. I have never posted a youtube before, so no promises!

KeepOnDigging!

edit: Wow, Ninja'd in the extreme!

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Also, on the dev build you posted a page or so back, the cow, sheep, pig and horse quests under creating life still don't let you manually submit. The other 3 do though. Not sure which is the intended option.[DOUBLEPOST=1405382034][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Autopackager mod is a really useful addition to Agrarian Skies:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/221457-autopackager

It allows semi-automation of the sieve and hammering of ores and is the main feature of AS which I use to reduce the grind in the mid game. It would probably be more late-game with CL because Autonomous Activators and other TE devices have been pushed further down the tech tree.

I think it has been mentioned before in this thread, but I think it's worth mentioning again.
Any chance this could be added to the pack?

I might add it to my pack when I get to the point of needing it, and post up a video of it in action. I have never posted a youtube before, so no promises!

KeepOnDigging!

edit: Wow, Ninja'd in the extreme!
Great minds think alike :) I'm tempted to add it manually myself but have plenty of other stuff to do so its not the end of the world yet :)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Also, on the dev build you posted a page or so back, the cow, sheep, pig and horse quests under creating life still don't let you manually submit. The other 3 do though. Not sure which is the intended option.[DOUBLEPOST=1405382034][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great minds think alike :) I'm tempted to add it manually myself but have plenty of other stuff to do so its not the end of the world yet :)
They've all been fixed to be QDS only next update. I will look at the rest later.