[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

mDiyo

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, I am finding it a constant source of amusement that my pack keeps being referred to as a skyblock map. Um, well...no. I mean, sort of...but no.
It's totally a skyblock map! You're in the sky, there's a little island of dirt with a tree on it, and...

What they mean is that your pack plays exactly like a skyblock type map does. There's nothing to explore, you have to build everything, progress is marked by the amount of technology and block types you've acquired, and you have to battle the elements to survive. Survival Island has all of these same characteristics and predates skyblock by years.

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
I think taking out Zombie Awareness will make it harder over all. The only thing dangerous about is if you make a mistake an leave a hole in the wall, you'll get swarmed. But it also made it easier to attract them to get the drops.

I second that, you are so in need of flesh or bone at start that taking zombie awareness out will make it harder to get drops at start. And you really need them :p

Is there a server download somewhere?

Some sort of unofficial version, take the map start a server with it, don't forget to remove all client side mod, minimap, inv tweaks etc...
Iskandar is currently not supporting server play. But this is doable. There is also minetweaker that needs "tweaking" for server play :p

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
It's totally a skyblock map! You're in the sky, there's a little island of dirt with a tree on it, and...

What they mean is that your pack plays exactly like a skyblock type map does. There's nothing to explore, you have to build everything, progress is marked by the amount of technology and block types you've acquired, and you have to battle the elements to survive. Survival Island has all of these same characteristics and predates skyblock by years.
True enough. Still, my map will have an eventually end goal. Soon as I build some map set pieces. Or find someone to build them for me.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Success! I figured out Minetweaker enough to do what I wanted to do.

f712ea01b3.png

ea14eea15f.png

Didn't want them to be accessible as soon as I had some stone/gold, glass, and redstone. That would be too easy!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Success! I figured out Minetweaker enough to do what I wanted to do.

f712ea01b3.png

ea14eea15f.png

Didn't want them to be accessible as soon as I had some stone/gold, glass, and redstone. That would be too easy!
Yeah, Minetweaker isn't too bad once you know the syntax. It is pretty much simplified computer code and if you can create programs for ComputerCraft you can easily modify Minetweaker scripts.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
How do I figure out the names of things? I had to use IDs to take out the computer's recipes and to add in the glass pane since I didn't know what they was referred to as.

Also, my program is a success. The turtle now moves forward, breaking every other block and dropping a seed after that (for my squid seed farm). It then drops the remaining seeds in a chest at the end. It waits for a redstone signal and then executes its program, which lets me also set up bonemealing via the computer.

EDIT: May just dismantle my previous dispenser/item dropper apparatus since I don't need the droppers anymore and the turtle is leeching bonemeal from the dispensers and gradually filling up its slots. I'll just add a couple functions, one to check for a plant and plant if one isn't there (it occasionally drops a seed to where it pops out of the water) and the other to bonemeal. The former will probably be contained in the latter.

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
one way to prevent the pastebin cheats is to disallow http access for CC in the configs, it won't prevent retyping everything but it's harder than just "pastebin get <code> awesumProg1"

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
In game it is /Minetweaker name and then the ID number which will get you the official Minecraft name. Or you can define a name (which is what the dictionary.cfg is for) in the scripts itself by typing Name = <ID number>;

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Stole a great idea from a friend. I did a short video on it. Might want to check it out. Hope this helps you guys.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
It is a good tip. I don't know why it would need to be nerfed though. It's just one of the functions of the stone barrel. You still need a bit of infrastructure to get going. You at least need a cobble generator, crucible and bucket going. I tend to make a terrain smasher as quick as possible to automate the cobble generator. Then when I need obsidian I just use that. Both the terrain smasher and stone barrel come in about the same time, development wise.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, got a cut on my leg that got infected. I am light headed and sore, and in a fair amount of pain. This update may be skipped because I can't concentrate enough to put together the update files for FTB. Don't worry, I have antibiotics and I'm not in any danger because I went immediately to the doctor when I found out what was going on. I just need a day or three for the antibiotics to kick this thing's ass.

I am going back to bed.

Edit: Actually managed to get the update files out to FTB. I think I got things sorted, we shall see. Unfortunately, a lot less quest sin this one than I hoped because I got ill. Still, a fair few and most importantly, lockdown is now installed, allowing the creation of new maps just be clicking create new world.

Last edited:

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
There's an Easy difficulty and a Hard difficulty... where's Normal difficulty?

Edit: WOW. There is something very broken with the current build. Thirst goes down at an exponential rate! After playing for about 5 minutes I could not even drink fast enough to keep up with the water requirement so I was soon sitting in the source block looking down and holding right-click wondering if it needed to cool down before I could start doing things again. Then night fell and zombies finished me off. I was only able to complete the very first quest, to get the logs.

Last edited:

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, got a cut on my leg that got infected. I am light headed and sore, and in a fair amount of pain. This update may be skipped because I can't concentrate enough to put together the update files for FTB. Don't worry, I have antibiotics and I'm not in any danger because I went immediately to the doctor when I found out what was going on. I just need a day or three for the antibiotics to kick this thing's ass.

I am going back to bed.

Edit: Actually managed to get the update files out to FTB. I think I got things sorted, we shall see. Unfortunately, a lot less quest sin this one than I hoped because I got ill. Still, a fair few and most importantly, lockdown is now installed, allowing the creation of new maps just be clicking create new world.
Wow, that sucks! Get better Iskandar that's the most important thing.[DOUBLEPOST=1405650786][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's an Easy difficulty and a Hard difficulty... where's Normal difficulty?

Edit: WOW. There is something very broken with the current build. Thirst goes down at an exponential rate! After playing for about 5 minutes I could not even drink fast enough to keep up with the water requirement so I was soon sitting in the source block looking down and holding right-click wondering if it needed to cool down before I could start doing things again. Then night fell and zombies finished me off. I was only able to complete the very first quest, to get the logs.
If you are drinking directly from the source block then that's dehydrating you since its salt water and making you get thirsty faster and the more you do that the faster it goes.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
...how was I supposed to know it was saltwater?

Within the lore of the modpack answer: You are crash landing on an unknown planet. Would you really drink something without checking it out first? Fill up a bottle and you can see its salt water.

Normal Answer: That's actually a great point. Maybe one of the first quests should mention that the water that is there isn't healthy to drink or provide a warning that it may not be safe due to contamination or something like that. I don't think there's any mention about that. I learned the same way my first time playing though :) After that I never did it again LOL

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
...I spent all day crooking leaves and made less water than I used. I have no idea how it's possible to survive. It probably doesn't help that you get heat stroke AT NIGHT. ...wait, that's how. You have to

Why is the water bottle to 4 water recipe still enabled?

In a video I found you could fill up the camel pack with more than one bottle, but I am unable to do that.

Last edited:

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar probably should add something in the early quests to point out that any water you find or place on the ground becomes salt water. He did mention it several times in this thread, but not everyone is going to read all the thread before playing the mod pack. When you drink salt water you get the dehydration debuff, so you saw that. And of course, you saw your thirst go down fast, which you would probably notice first anyway.

When you were out and about, did you have your camel pack on? If you don't your heat will rise and your thirst will go down much quicker. Drinking the cool water will also bring your temperature down some. You should be able to fill up the camel pack with multiple bottles just fine. Make sure you aren't trying to use the cool water bottles you get as a quest reward though. You can't put them in the camel pack, you can only drink them straight.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
At night your heat only goes up if you are dehydrated or are near a heat source.

Fluid transposer needs 10 sapling but it only takes 8 to make dirt. Dirt + bottle = dirty water, put in furnace to make water. You can get a furnace going before you use up all your starting water. Just use the transposer once for the quest.