[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
At night your heat only goes up if you are dehydrated or are near a heat source.

Fluid transposer needs 10 sapling but it only takes 8 to make dirt. Dirt + bottle = dirty water, put in furnace to make water. You can get a furnace going before you use up all your starting water. Just use the transposer once for the quest.
Ah, I didn't realize you could boil dirty water to get regular water. Turns out you can do the same thing with cold water. This makes things a lot simpler once you get a furnace since then you can turn rotten flesh into water, so it seems to me that:
A) The quest log should probably tell you to boil dirty water, and
B) The quest log should tell you to make a (slab) furnace early on.

Also yeah I can refill my camel harness with multiple bottles now. I must've been grabbing the saltwater or cold water when trying to refill it before.

Last edited:

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I know one of the quests asks for dirty water, but I can't remeber if it actually says to smelt it. Been a while since I've read them.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
Success! I figured out Minetweaker enough to do what I wanted to do.

f712ea01b3.png

ea14eea15f.png

Didn't want them to be accessible as soon as I had some stone/gold, glass, and redstone. That would be too easy!
Would you mind to upload the config files you have tweaked? Would be awesome of you.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ah, I didn't realize you could boil dirty water to get regular water. Turns out you can do the same thing with cold water. This makes things a lot simpler once you get a furnace since then you can turn rotten flesh into water, so it seems to me that:
A) The quest log should probably tell you to boil dirty water, and
B) The quest log should tell you to make a (slab) furnace early on.

Also yeah I can refill my camel harness with multiple bottles now. I must've been grabbing the saltwater or cold water when trying to refill it before.
It does...and I'm fairly sure it does.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Running the pack as an SMP server, but I'm running into an odd error with MineTweaker, it loads some of the recipes but then it gives this error and stops loading:

2014-07-18 08:01:43 [INFO] [MineTweaker] Adding High Oven Recipe: crowley.skyblock.aluminum_gravel.name
2014-07-18 08:01:43 [SEVERE] [MineTweaker] /Evil.cfg:35no such item: crowley.skyblock.aluminum_sand

So only part of the tweaks are being loaded, any hints to fix this?
It's only doing it in the server, the client loads all the tweaks fine.

*edit*
I found an easy enough work around.... replaced the unlocalized names that it was having a problem with the item ID

Last edited:

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
The quests don't say anymore you can turn dirty water into clean. Drinking Mud quests just says you can make dirty water with a dirt block and a bottle. You turn it in and get a clean water bottle. The slab furnace quest doesn't mention it either.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Would you mind to upload the config files you have tweaked? Would be awesome of you.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/dtrhwfe4tt415qp/ComputerCraft.cfg
Be sure to alter the main.cfg to include this one when loading. Add include "ComputerCraft.cfg"; at the bottom.

Also, I'm going to be taking a look at this mod and seeing how it works and if it would add anything meaningful. It looks like it would fit right in with the theme of the pack.

EDIT: The mod has moved onto 1.7, and the 1.6.4. version doesn't have enough features to justify adding it in.

Last edited:

tibbzeh

Jul 29, 2019
The quests don't say anymore you can turn dirty water into clean. Drinking Mud quests just says you can make dirty water with a dirt block and a bottle. You turn it in and get a clean water bottle. The slab furnace quest doesn't mention it either.

From the quest "Purified" which is the quest right after "Drinking Mud"in the 1.1.0 version:

Dirty water is useful in a pinch, but for long term survival you need a way to purify it. Fire will work nicely. Drop the dirty water bottle into a furnace, apply heat, get clean water. Science!

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Zero5211 have you ever considered using OpenComputers Mod instead of CC. It's has pretty balanced recipes, the same or better functionality and is also LUA based

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Well I disassembled the majority of my squid seed farm's previous planting and growth system because I figured out how to make the turtle take care of that all. Since OpenComputers lacks a turtle equivalent, I'll stick with CC. Besides, I have more resources than I know what to do with, and can easily tweak the recipes if they still feels too easy to obtain compared to their payoff.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Well I disassembled the majority of my squid seed farm's previous planting and growth system because I figured out how to make the turtle take care of that all. Since OpenComputers lacks a turtle equivalent, I'll stick with CC. Besides, I have more resources than I know what to do with, and can easily tweak the recipes if they still feels too easy to obtain compared to their payoff.
you haven't seen the robot then http://ocdoc.cil.li/block:robot

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
From the quest "Purified" which is the quest right after "Drinking Mud"in the 1.1.0 version:

Dirty water is useful in a pinch, but for long term survival you need a way to purify it. Fire will work nicely. Drop the dirty water bottle into a furnace, apply heat, get clean water. Science!
I don't have a "Purified" quest in my book. Check it out:
2014-07-18_20.37.41.png

This was with the recommended version at the time I suggested changes to the quests. Pretty sure it was 1.1.0.

I updated and there still isn't a "Purified" quest after that one. I'm guessing you have to complete the Tools of the Trade quest to get Purified to show up... which is not a good decision.

Oh and now instead of the usual horde of mostly zombies and skeletons I'm getting tons of creepers. It is now impossible to survive.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I don't have a "Purified" quest in my book. Check it out:
View attachment 12072
You do, but it is locked.[DOUBLEPOST=1405734095][/DOUBLEPOST]Pack update!
Lockdown is now up and running. Starting a new world will get you a new Crash Landing map, Hard and Easy maps are now just quest choices.

Added SFM and autopackager.
A few new quests.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
You do, but it is locked.[DOUBLEPOST=1405734095][/DOUBLEPOST]Pack update!
Lockdown is now up and running. Starting a new world will get you a new Crash Landing map, Hard and Easy maps are now just quest choices.

Added SFM and autopackager.
A few new quests.
Nice! now to figure out how SFM works.... LOL

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
What is SFM..... sorry for derp[DOUBLEPOST=1405736586][/DOUBLEPOST]Can you see who updated your pack for you? Best guess it was someone from the 3rd party modpack team.... probably @tfox83 :(