[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

mDiyo

Jul 29, 2019
Guide to an Efficient Start in Crash Landing 1.1.1
(or How to stop mDiyo from dying all the time :))
Hey now, I almost didn't post the last video because I was doing so well and was instantly killed from a silly mistake. Just wait for the next one, I do even better. ^^;;

I have been having quite a bit of fun with this pack, I'll admit. The joys of roleplaying and the difficulty of the first few days makes me feel like I am actually making progress when I last just a bit longer than last time, or I find a different way to keep myself from dying. I can't wait to see what some of the later quests have in store!

I do have to say that removing Zombie Awareness will probably ruin the pack. I'm still on 1.1.0, and I do know you can tune the mod to be more friendly on computers or whatnot.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I think ZA makes the pack too easy as I get 64+ zombie flesh and a lot of bones every single night. It makes surviving on zombie jerky and making lots of dirt with zombie flesh too easy. Plus I am effected by the millions of entities that are created caused by Autonomous activators with ZA installed.

In the earlier versions of the pack that didn't have ZA, I was only getting like 5-10 zombie flesh a night so I really had to think about whether I wanted food or dirt each day.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
If the problems with ZA are from the sound setting, what about just turning that part off?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if this was suggested but just have ZA off by default and people with better computers can turn it on. You'll just have to leave a note for them somewhere.....

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Hey now, I almost didn't post the last video because I was doing so well and was instantly killed from a silly mistake. Just wait for the next one, I do even better. ^^;;
I have been having quite a bit of fun with this pack, I'll admit. The joys of roleplaying and the difficulty of the first few days makes me feel like I am actually making progress when I last just a bit longer than last time, or I find a different way to keep myself from dying. I can't wait to see what some of the later quests have in store!
Your Crash Landing episodes are absolute outstanding, from the RP start to the (violent) endings. Keep them going please! :)

I think ZA makes the pack too easy as I get 64+ zombie flesh and a lot of bones every single night. It makes surviving on zombie jerky and making lots of dirt with zombie flesh too easy. Plus I am effected by the millions of entities that are created caused by Autonomous activators with ZA installed.
In the earlier versions of the pack that didn't have ZA, I was only getting like 5-10 zombie flesh a night so I really had to think about whether I wanted food or dirt each day.
Pretty sure the pack is unplayable without ZA, at least with the current dehydration level. The only way to get the necessary water in the beginning would be to spend all day getting saplings, having a number of trees infected with silkworms or spending several nights sifting dust. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

Even as it is right now, you have to spend a significant amount of time on "daily maintenance" (especially water), but at least it also allows still some progress every day.

Last edited:

Hono123

Jul 29, 2019
I got pretty far in this modded map, and I love it so far. But, I've encountered a problem as soon as I updated to 1.1.1. It seems to be an issue with player ticking, but I do not know how to fix it. Please help.

Here is the full crash report: http://pastebin.com/CYk4tvVZ

Thanks in advance! :)

ppvolto

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar I like to Report a OreDict Derp the JABBA Barrels are Internal OreDict converter so The Pneumatic Plastics are all Registered with the Same OreDict name so there Convertet into Each other...

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Crash Landing really needs a bug reporting thread.....

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
@Iskandar I like to Report a OreDict Derp the JABBA Barrels are Internal OreDict converter so The Pneumatic Plastics are all Registered with the Same OreDict name so there Convertet into Each other...
Hmm. Yeah, that could be a problem. Well, not really. Honestly, converting one to another isn't a huge deal. Given that they respond so easily and reliably to bonemeal, it doesn't matter what seed you start with you can easily get piles of almost any plastic of any color. Unless you can show me a horrible exploit you could pull off with this, I think this might be filed under "known problem, not worth it to fix"[DOUBLEPOST=1405795946][/DOUBLEPOST]
I got pretty far in this modded map, and I love it so far. But, I've encountered a problem as soon as I updated to 1.1.1. It seems to be an issue with player ticking, but I do not know how to fix it. Please help.

Here is the full crash report: http://pastebin.com/CYk4tvVZ

Thanks in advance! :)
Is this persistent, or is this one off. As in, did this just crash the once and you can go back in and play normally, or is it the type where you can't get back into the world at all? If the former, probably an artifact of me updating Enviromine and I wouldn't worry about it, the latter I'll look more closer at.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019

I do have to say that removing Zombie Awareness will probably ruin the pack. I'm still on 1.1.0, and I do know you can tune the mod to be more friendly on computers or whatnot.

Really enjoying your videos, great sense of humour! I am looking forward to more!
The pack is much harder without the nightly flood of bones, arrows and flesh, especially as I am so used to having these resources, but its still survivable, hard mode makes it tough for food as well, easy mode is fine, if you can avoid silly mistakes, they often get me!
Now I'm thinking about TiC arrows - wonder if they restock the rifle? I need new tactics as my moat doesnt work any more, the mob farm becomes more important!
All good fun

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, I'm going to re-enable ZA next update, I think. I think I may have gotten the lag under control.

Oh, and I have added a new mod that allows me to control mob spawning behavior. Yeah, no more zombies with carrots and potatoes, sorry. Other HarvestCraft seeds, yes, but no carrots and potatoes. Also, I'm adding a very, very rare chance of having bat riding baby zombies. Because I hate you and want you to die.

Hono123

Jul 29, 2019
Is this persistent, or is this one off. As in, did this just crash the once and you can go back in and play normally, or is it the type where you can't get back into the world at all? If the former, probably an artifact of me updating Enviromine and I wouldn't worry about it, the latter I'll look more closer at.

I can go back into my world, but it almost immediately crashes. I've tried to go back into the world a few times, but still no luck.

tgtiburon

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Iksandar,

I LOVE this pack! Any chance you can post a link to your current dev build so some of us can try it out with your new tweaks?

Thanks.

With this going on the 3rd Party Tab I would not be surprised if this becomes huge like AG.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I can go back into my world, but it almost immediately crashes. I've tried to go back into the world a few times, but still no luck.
Hmm. Sounds like a corrupt player.dat. I might be able to fix that if you can send me the save

Hono123

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Sounds like a corrupt player.dat. I might be able to fix that if you can send me the save

Actually, I think something happened to my config files... I backed up my world, and re-installed the modpack, and it didnt crash.
I'll get back to you if this happens again.

Sorry about that!

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar are you using Mob Properties from Father Toast?

Edit: If you're editing drops, what about reducing bones and flesh drops by a bit?
Maybe add in a rare chance for glistening melon?

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
@Iskandar are you using Mob Properties from Father Toast?

Edit: If you're editing drops, what about reducing bones and flesh drops by a bit?
Maybe add in a rare chance for glistening melon?
Yes, and I will see what I can do.

Edit:bat riding baby zombies are hilarious. Apparently the rider has no control over the mount, so the mount just kind of goes anywhere. Even if I can't fix that, I might just keep it just for the comedy aspect.

Last edited:

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
Just needing to vent…

The way PneumatiCraft allows items to despawn while they are being processed is TOTALLY BROKEN!

I have lost half a dozen PCBs in the acid bath and 3 stacks of iron in the Pressure Chamber, and I'm angry at PneumatiCraft for containing this broken game mechanic and at myself for allowing it to happen time and time again.

GRRRR!!!

Anyway,
KeepOnDigging!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
For the Pressure Chamber there is an item life upgrade that will stop that. For the etching acid, well, you were warned about that...

Reactions: ratchet freak