[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

tibbzeh

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've just been offered, and gladly accepted, to become a listed 3rd party pack. Which means that fairly soon you won't need to enter a pack code to find my pack. Which means rather little for those already playing, but is a good thing for all the new people finding the pack!

Amazing!

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Just needing to vent…

The way PneumatiCraft allows items to despawn while they are being processed is TOTALLY BROKEN!

I have lost half a dozen PCBs in the acid bath and 3 stacks of iron in the Pressure Chamber, and I'm angry at PneumatiCraft for containing this broken game mechanic and at myself for allowing it to happen time and time again.

GRRRR!!!

Anyway,
KeepOnDigging!

you can have a fuzzy bus export the fresh PCB in a dropper and have it drop in an acid stream (one source block under the dropper and a 1 wide channel up to 8 blocks away) with a hopper at the end that puts it into an interface

same trick with the crystal seeds and water ;)

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I did a restart without ZA and surviving isn't a problem (with lots of practice :) ) I even put some of the milder special mobs in.
Got to the point now that I'd want to build a smeltery, but grinding for the amount of water/clay would be a pain.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
My Let's play for this pack.

I am record on my new PC. The Lighting looks off if some youtubers can watch it and let me now if it is me or do i need to adjust my setting for the next recording. I also think i got the sound just right. I would it be a little loud and people have to lower the volume down then to low.

@Iskandar : New maps looks good so far and i like the new hard/ easy setting. The water goes down alittle to fast? Is it supposed to do that?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I did a restart without ZA and surviving isn't a problem (with lots of practice :) ) I even put some of the milder special mobs in.
Got to the point now that I'd want to build a smeltery, but grinding for the amount of water/clay would be a pain.
if you get enough for the smeltery 1 layer you can feed cobble into it and use the ingot cast to make seared bricks. :) no clay needed.

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
if you get enough for the smeltery 1 layer you can feed cobble into it and use the ingot cast to make seared bricks. :) no clay needed.
True enough, but 13 buckets worth of water can be a pretty steep investment in the first 3-5 days...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Enviromine is treating it like a true desert climate instead of an ocean full of heat generating dust blocks now.
It still seems like a bit to much. could be lowered a bit maybe. plan is to lay down some other blocks. which ones don't produce allot of heat? dirt? wood?[DOUBLEPOST=1405871375][/DOUBLEPOST]
True enough, but 13 buckets worth of water can be a pretty steep investment in the first 3-5 days...
you can build a auto smelting water set up about day 3. just need 2 iron ingots, an itemduct, and a fluiduct. Feed the chest into the crucible>feed crucible out into a tank of some type, and then into a barrel.

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
It still seems like a bit to much. could be lowered a bit maybe. plan is to lay down some other blocks. which ones don't produce allot of heat? dirt? wood?
That's the thing, alternate blocks won't change the daytime temperature anymore that I can tell. But I haven't had time to do more than a cursory lool at the Enviromine source (https://github.com/Funwayguy/EnviroMine)... so i couldn't tell you exactly which effects might change the bodyTemp value.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
It still seems like a bit to much. could be lowered a bit maybe. plan is to lay down some other blocks. which ones don't produce allot of heat? dirt? wood?[DOUBLEPOST=1405871375][/DOUBLEPOST]
you can build a auto smelting water set up about day 3. just need 2 iron ingots, an itemduct, and a fluiduct. Feed the chest into the crucible>feed crucible out into a tank of some type, and then into a barrel.
Never mind he took out melting water right? if so you can feed a tranposer into a drum/tank and then into a barrel. Just hook up a survivial gen next to it. It is cheap to make and can run off wood planks.[DOUBLEPOST=1405872547][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's the thing, alternate blocks won't change the daytime temperature anymore that I can tell. But I haven't had time to do more than a cursory lool at the Enviromine source (https://github.com/Funwayguy/EnviroMine)... so i couldn't tell you exactly which effects might change the bodyTemp value.
what about a roof on the whole area?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Ok testing i found that the roof doesn't seem to help. Running increases ur temp. The biggest problem is the Blazing pyr sets the fires and that heats up the inside of the ship and the blocks i would say 3-4 blocks out. Is there a way on the next map reset to move that engine away from the main ship maybe 4-5 blocks. Or maybe starting reward being a bucket added to one of the starter quest? If it stays where it is you will have to get it up, stack 4 high blocks around it, or destory the source block.

dxhhh101

Jul 29, 2019
A quick question: will this pack ever be supported for multiplayer? I get that the balancing needs to be changed, but I didn't care too much about it and played with a friend. However, you cannot progress as recipes changed by MineTweaker/ModTweaker do not function in SMP.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
A quick question: will this pack ever be supported for multiplayer? I get that the balancing needs to be changed, but I didn't care too much about it and played with a friend. However, you cannot progress as recipes changed by MineTweaker/ModTweaker do not function in SMP.
I'm working on it. It will never support massive SMP. 3 to 5 will be the limit. Kylie is taking up the SMP side of things, as soon as we get that figured out you will know.[DOUBLEPOST=1405878744][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nice. That'll be worth a restart of the map (guessing it'll require it) :) When can expect it to be implemented? :)
Two weeks, at least. One more build to finish. You will see a new shuttle in the next update, however, if you start a new map.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Ok testing i found that the roof doesn't seem to help. Running increases ur temp. The biggest problem is the Blazing pyr sets the fires and that heats up the inside of the ship and the blocks i would say 3-4 blocks out. Is there a way on the next map reset to move that engine away from the main ship maybe 4-5 blocks. Or maybe starting reward being a bucket added to one of the starter quest? If it stays where it is you will have to get it up, stack 4 high blocks around it, or destory the source block.

Please don't move the Pyro. It's the perfect spot right now.
But We'll have to see what it's like with the new map.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on it. It will never support massive SMP. 3 to 5 will be the limit. Kylie is taking up the SMP side of things, as soon as we get that figured out you will know.[DOUBLEPOST=1405878744][/DOUBLEPOST]
Two weeks, at least. One more build to finish. You will see a new shuttle in the next update, however, if you start a new map.
New Shuttle? Cool :) Keep up the great work!

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Please don't move the Pyro. It's the perfect spot right now.
But We'll have to see what it's like with the new map.
he could just flip it around and have it coming out the other side and not moving anything. from the pics it is in the same spot as now.