[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
babysitting those pcb things in the acid is so annoying. I've lost 3 of them due to forgetting about it and them despawning lol.
Yeah, but after you make the first few the hard way you can build an assembly line.

Speaking of which, I need to create those quests.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
What will be some good plants to grow in 1.0.7?
You get rice, soybeans, grape and peanut seeds from sieving dirt. You can make a lot of things from rice, including just dropping into a furnace for rice cakes. Flour is also possible, and from there dough, and that is the ingredient for quite a lot of different foods. Grapes gets you raisins and jelly and grape juice, among other things. Peanuts make peanut butter and from there you can make all sorts of peanut and jelly sandwiches. Soybeans make tofu, which make meat alternatives for a lot of recipes.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Soybeans are really good for replacing all meats/fish/milk since they can be made into silken and firm tofu really easily in a presser.

Using a hoe on grass blocks (not tall grass) will eventually get you normal vanilla wheat seeds, which then you can make bread and toast by bypassing the flour->dough recipe, since making dough requires precious water. Not sure if maybe the three wheat = bread recipe should be removed or not. You should have to make flour->dough first imo.

There are a lot of simple foods you can make with stock and stock is just bone (or any vegetable) + pot + mixing bowl.
Rice soup, tomato soup, potato soup, seed soup, garden soup, spider eye soup are all pretty easy to make.

Garden salad is probably the easiest salad you can make.

You really need to force yourself to make a lot of different foods in 1.0.7, cause I've heard that spice of life mod is being added. So you can't just mass produce one type of food and be done with it. You need like 6 different types of foods on a rotation.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Soybeans are really good for replacing all meats/fish/milk since they can be made into silken and firm tofu really easily in a presser.

Using a hoe on grass blocks (not tall grass) will eventually get you normal vanilla wheat seeds, which then you can make bread and toast by bypassing the flour->dough recipe, since making dough requires precious water. Not sure if maybe the three wheat = bread recipe should be removed or not. You should have to make flour->dough first imo.

There are a lot of simple foods you can make with stock and stock is just bone (or any vegetable) + pot + mixing bowl.
Rice soup, tomato soup, potato soup, seed soup, garden soup, spider eye soup are all pretty easy to make.

Garden salad is probably the easiest salad you can make.

You really need to force yourself to make a lot of different foods in 1.0.7, cause I've heard that spice of life mod is being added. So you can't just mass produce one type of food and be done with it. You need like 6 different types of foods on a rotation.
you can make bread from rice flour. I hope it doesn't get added cause i hate that mod. it is why i don't play BNB. My plan is rice bread/toast into something stuffed peppers, and a few different juices...and fries if i get lucky..:)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
you can make bread from rice flour. I hope it doesn't get added cause i hate that mod. it is why i don't play BNB. My plan is rice bread/toast into something stuffed peppers, and a few different juices...and fries if i get lucky..:)
Yes, Spice of Life will be in 1.0.7. It is quite a bit toned down from what you'd find in BnB, though. You have a 36 food grace period at the beginning of the game, food history is at 24, and food needs to be eaten over 5 times before it becomes a problem. You will, basically, need to keep 4 or 5 different foods on hand. Given you can make zombie jerky, stock, and spider eye soup before finding any seeds and sifting any seeds out of dirt nets you at least 3 or 4 more food types, this shouldn't be a hardship. Especially since a lot of the rewards from basic bags tend to be seeds.

I've noticed a trend for people to find one easy to make food and stick with that, despite there being a ton of options in Harvestcraft. Now you have a reason to explore other options instead of spamming bread or baked potatoes.

Vswe

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar has my permission to do whatever he pleases with the Steve's Drought mod. That includes, but is not limited to, printing it out and baking a pie of it.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Iskandar has my permission to do whatever he pleases with the Steve's Drought mod. That includes, but is not limited to, printing it out and baking a pie of it.
Thank you.

Everyone, I present you the nicest mod dev ever. Thanks to him, rain is now history in Crash Landing. And now I can undo a ton of Minetweaker kludge.

Reactions: cannajan

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
will rain happen in the easy map?

Nope. Rain is now history. You have a week. This missed the 1.0.7 update by a few hours, so it won't be coming until 1.0.8.

I never felt right with it raining on a supposedly dustball planet. And now it does not. This was always something I wanted to fix, and now it is. This has a benefit. Wooden barrels are now back, which means you can start composting leaves earlier (versus having to wait for a cobblegen, now you just need shears, two iron), which should mean getting dirt will be easier early, and from that water.

Scott Wears

Jul 29, 2019
This is an awesome looking map and I love how you've use sync as well instead of hearts, Its amazing to see HQM used in so many creative ways :D[DOUBLEPOST=1403248522][/DOUBLEPOST]

MMMMMM Mod Pie

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
wheat/barley/oats/rye/rice flour still requires water to make it into dough. But if you just use the vanilla 3 wheat = 1 bread recipe, you can skip making flour and dough.
you can change 1 to i think he said he changing to 4 water for baking. this means that you would get 3 bread to 1 bread. besides he wants to get away from that kinds of stuff so if you keep coming up with some ways around it then more then likely he will change take the vanilla recipe out. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1403252087][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nope. Rain is now history. You have a week. This missed the 1.0.7 update by a few hours, so it won't be coming until 1.0.8.

I never felt right with it raining on a supposedly dustball planet. And now it does not. This was always something I wanted to fix, and now it is. This has a benefit. Wooden barrels are now back, which means you can start composting leaves earlier (versus having to wait for a cobblegen, now you just need shears, two iron), which should mean getting dirt will be easier early, and from that water.
think god.:) you are still leaving AA out right?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
you can change 1 to i think he said he changing to 4 water for baking. this means that you would get 3 bread to 1 bread. besides he wants to get away from that kinds of stuff so if you keep coming up with some ways around it then more then likely he will change take the vanilla recipe out. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1403252087][/DOUBLEPOST]
think god.:) you are still leaving AA out right?
That is the plan.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar,

Just found your modpack, and played for a few hours.
Here is some feedback.

Good:
Its excellent to see someone thinking outside of making hunger harder and branching out to other statuses.
Overall it seems like an Excellent mod, most recipes I looked at looked appropriately balanced.

Bad:
The initial Quest Line "Basic Survival" needs some serious re-ordering.
Its incredibly confusing trying to trace down what is needed.
Its not very intuitive about what needs to come next. This is coming from someone who's played Skyblock maps before (Including AgSkies)
When you die and come back with Sync the Temp and Dehydration bars are gone...essentially allowing standard hunger problems and no worries about water.

Game breaking bug as well.
If you die in front of the Sync, your grave prevents you from exiting...

This is all in 1.0.6

Edit:
Regarding the Quest Book "Basic Survival", Here is an idea on the layout. Bit easier to follow.
4ad460a845.jpg

Last edited:

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
The first post says you need to exit for the temp/hydration to reset.
As for dying in front of the Sync chamber, just remember to die somewhere else. :p

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Iskandar,

Just found your modpack, and played for a few hours.
Here is some feedback.

Good:
Its excellent to see someone thinking outside of making hunger harder and branching out to other statuses.
Overall it seems like an Excellent mod, most recipes I looked at looked appropriately balanced.

Bad:
The initial Quest Line "Basic Survival" needs some serious re-ordering.
Its incredibly confusing trying to trace down what is needed.
Its not very intuitive about what needs to come next. This is coming from someone who's played Skyblock maps before (Including AgSkies)
When you die and come back with Sync the Temp and Dehydration bars are gone...essentially allowing standard hunger problems and no worries about water.

Game breaking bug as well.
If you die in front of the Sync, your grave prevents you from exiting...

This is all in 1.0.6

Edit:
Regarding the Quest Book "Basic Survival", Here is an idea on the layout. Bit easier to follow.
4ad460a845.jpg
[/quote

you can build the chamber facing the wall or wall it in so it leaves 1 block in front. then dig a ladder down to ur underground secure base and take another ladder back up on the other wall. this wil give you a chance to reequip ur clone before heading and you will not get anything in front