[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
It's too bad you can't advance past the camel pack later on when you have a bunch of tech and plenty of water. The camel pack just gets annoying to have to be refilled. Even keeping extra camel packs that are already full around doesn't really help either. You just have to keep checking to see if your hydration starts dropping and deal with it.

Agreed. Also, any way to integrate it with armor? Stinks losing an armor slot just for automated water distribution.

I tend to notice when Heat Stroke sets in and I see my hydration is usually down to around 60% by then. 1 Cold water bottle later and all is well again.

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
The sun is setting on day 4 and after a massive base expansion things are looking up... just dunked down my new crucible and although there's no stone to put in just yet it is the sign of great things to come!! I furiously chop at my birch tree...just 1 more tree I say!

Feeling thirsty and a bit dizzy I read my hydration levels, only 70% hydrated and out of water.. I seal the door to my newly expanded mega base (16x 8 lol) and head to the transposer to chuck my last 16 saplings in. Waiting for them to work whilst the effects of sunstroke set in, getting very dizzy I decide not to wander from the machines.

Suddenly it begins to rain a horde of zombies, I'm overwhelmed, I actually pooped my pants in the seconds before they devoured me. I had just long enough to remember that I had actually gone outside to chop trees for the roof, and not for the saplings! Geez

Last edited:

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Building a moat has been a good solution I can make it on day 1 and then only spiders make it over, a small roofed area, (using FT's QDS, etc).
Having just watched Tetshio's latest 1.07 version, I will be needing new tactics, maybe a wider moat will be enough? Tetshio didnt make it through night 1 and he's good at this mod! the new mobs are brutal!

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I see that seeds dropping from tall grass is disabled. So that means vanilla wheat/seeds are unobtainable. I like it!

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, good. Glad to hear 1.0.7 will be out in the next day or two. I'll hold off starting my LP until then.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
My defense tactic is pretty standard.. I dig a 2 deep moat, with a two high wall behind that. Then I put down a row of fences and a wood slab on top. I have to build in stages as I get enough wood, but the fence/slab combination gets spiders stuck, they won't go over that. Anything else falls in the pit and can't climb out. I just wait till most of the mobs burn up in the morning, go around the top to kill any stragglers, then hop down to collect the drops.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
is it because the camel pack it self doesn't show the water ammount once it is put in? would getting it hooked up to show the ammount of water it holds at any time allow you to add the recipe in then?

Nope. Recipes must be absolute. At least, at the access level I have. I am not adding transposer recipes directly, I am adding container recipes to Minecraft (I cannot, as of yet, add recipes to TE machines). Instead, I am adding container recipes. Item A contains fluid B and when emptied it becomes item C. A water bucket contains water and when emptied it becomes an empty bucket. (the recipes work in reverse automatically. Empty bucket plus water becomes a water bucket is implied) The problem is, while the amount of liquid is defined in the recipe, on its own the amount of liquid does not make a recipe unique. A water bucket is water plus empty bucket. You could not create a new item called "half full bucket" and say half full bucket is water plus empty bucket because those recipes conflict, even if you defined the amount of water in each recipe to be different.

And that is why I didn't bother writing a recipe for the camel pack. I could, indeed, write a recipe that "full camel pack contains water and when empty is an empty camel pack" but the recipe would then would only work for an exactly full camel pack. Full camel pack is water and an empty camel pack, and thus no other recipes can exist that involve an empty camel pack and water.

This is why, as an example, the saplings each give a different item output when run through the transposer. I would love to say "run a sapling through the transposer and you get a dead bush, no matter which sapling", but I can't.

This might change when I can add recipes to the transposer directly instead of adding things to the container registry and letting the transposer add them automatically. I know of at least one feature that I would love to have and don't currently, I cannot designate a recipe as non-reversible. You take water out of something and get a result, you can then always take the result and add water to get that something. I have to be mighty careful with the recipes I add to avoid setting up exploits because of that.[DOUBLEPOST=1403134906][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hmm, I see that seeds dropping from tall grass is disabled. So that means vanilla wheat/seeds are unobtainable. I like it!
Not exactly. It does mean you must right click on a grass block with a hoe which then gets you a seed plus turns the grass into dirt. It then does 5 damage to the hoe.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Building a moat has been a good solution I can make it on day 1 and then only spiders make it over, a small roofed area, (using FT's QDS, etc).
Having just watched Tetshio's latest 1.07 version, I will be needing new tactics, maybe a wider moat will be enough? Tetshio didnt make it through night 1 and he's good at this mod! the new mobs are brutal!

It has been toned down. The one I showed was a complete surprise, I thought I was in Blood N Bones. Will be releasing episode 8 once 1.0.7 has been released :D

Reactions: cannajan

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
There is a bug I ran into while using autonomous activators to auto place cobble and then break it down with hammers into gravel. It creates 5000+ entities and lags my world all to hell. There is nothing visible to see, but when I look at the spot where the cobble gets placed, it shows thousands of entities on the F3 screen. This is the only way to automate cobble to gravel without access to pulverizes yet, and it's bugged. I'm sure it's a TE or Ex Nihilo thing.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
There is a bug I ran into while using autonomous activators to auto place cobble and then break it down with hammers into gravel. It creates 5000+ entities and lags my world all to hell. There is nothing visible to see, but when I look at the spot where the cobble gets placed, it shows thousands of entities on the F3 screen. This is the only way to automate cobble to gravel without access to pulverizes yet, and it's bugged. I'm sure it's a TE or Ex Nihilo thing.

I can't think of anything that would cause this. And, really, there isn't much I can do. Check the respective mods' bugtrackers and forum threads and see if this is a known thing. and see if it reoccurs. A lot of time you can get weird one off glitches.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I've used AA in a previous world to make gravel to sift without a problem.
Haven't tried yet with the latest build though.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad to hear things have been tones down since Tetshio's video. That was just crazy. If creeper explosions will damage the ship now, I wouldn't see how anyone could survive the first night...

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad to hear things have been tones down since Tetshio's video. That was just crazy. If creeper explosions will damage the ship now, I wouldn't see how anyone could survive the first night...

I tried my best to stay alive in that version then showed the mayhem and outcome of my war with the mobs to the other testers.
Lk05LzT.png

6cukPDF.png

But yeah the coming 1.0.7 is playable now.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
got part 2 and 3 recorded. i am uploading part 2 but sadly part 3 was corrupted. i had a power outtage here right at the end and now nothing wants to read the file. I might just log back into the save and show some stuff like a tips and trick part 3 one and show how i got to that point.?.? I'll post the link when part 2 is uploaded. Note: the blazing pro and lava seem to generate heat out for some blocks out so if you do the cobble generator and the lava generator you might want to put them a little ways away from your base and make sure you stand away from them when using them. like aleast 2-3 blocks.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Well I could craft a transfer node without having to tamper with any configs.
He's right.

Also, what happened to the recipe where you could craft 1 bottle water into 8 harvestcraft fresh water? It seems to have been removed.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing it was taken out for being to effective. The normal trade is 1 bucket=4 fresh water, which is still in.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
babysitting those pcb things in the acid is so annoying. I've lost 3 of them due to forgetting about it and them despawning lol.