[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, 1.0.7 is in the hands of the FTB pack update people. Expect 1.0.7 either tomorrow or, more likely, Friday.

A map reset is not required with this update, but if you have gotten far into the tech tree or have completed the majority of the quests it is recommended.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
If possible for the next update (1.0.8) or so could you add a way to make cold water bottles into regular water bottles cause I have 10 of them sitting in a chest but 0 normal bottles

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
When I get cold water, I just take off the camel pack until by hydration gets to 75 then just drink the bottle straight. Not quite as good as putting it in the camel pack, but it saves me some water.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Never mind I used a transfer node instead and getting loads of cobble now. time to build up Wall Rose, Sina and Maria.

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to post an update of my experience so far.

Well I must have died at least 20 times now! Furthest I have made is to about day 4 or 5 I think when I starved :( Most other tries I die at morning of day 3 (cos it rains all night and morning and mobs survive!) when I go outside. Never played with iguana tweaks and stuff or exNihhalo etc so much learning to be done... just discovered I can make tools with bone meal lol so I can save my "bones" to munch on <3

I also derp die alot so dont take these comments into account from "balance perspectives" as A) Im learning and B) Im Stupid Its great as is to me.

I would guess I have spent 8+ hours playing this mod pack so congratulations and many thanks for entertaining me.

I do love minecraft, tried a bit of AgSkies and that feels like "Minecraft in the sky" to me no real story etc but still an awesome platfrom to play on. This pack however... somehow it captured my imagination. I can imagine the scenario like a modern film in my head with Special FX n shizzle :p Stranded on a desert wasteland arggjgh. Also it does not feel at all like I am playing a minecraft mod <3

Anyways just died so checked post to see how 1.07 is coming along, will start a new world as soon as I get my hands on it. PM me link to files if you are able to just to satisfy my needs right NOWWWW and ill keep it a secret :) (No support reqd)

A question, dead bushes ... any uses?

Thanks for the awesome experience.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
If possible for the next update (1.0.8) or so could you add a way to make cold water bottles into regular water bottles cause I have 10 of them sitting in a chest but 0 normal bottles
you can cook cold bottles in a furnace to make reg.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
you can cook cold bottles in a furnace to make reg.
Cold water smelting is currently disabled. I had to completely remove all water bottle recipes and then re-add them to fix the salt water visual glitch...and forgot to grab the cold water -> water bottle recipe.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
It's too bad you can't advance past the camel pack later on when you have a bunch of tech and plenty of water. The camel pack just gets annoying to have to be refilled. Even keeping extra camel packs that are already full around doesn't really help either. You just have to keep checking to see if your hydration starts dropping and deal with it.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Cold water smelting is currently disabled. I had to completely remove all water bottle recipes and then re-add them to fix the salt water visual glitch...and forgot to grab the cold water -> water bottle recipe.
rofl, i was think it worked when i recorded but that was before your last update. :) what if you put it through the FT? will it convert?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah. Not everything that looks like a fluid actually counts as a fluid in Minecraft. So, dirty water, salt water, and cold water aren't actually counted as fluids. Thus, things that work on fluids, like the transposer, don't handle them.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice if you could fill up the camel pack by clicking on a tank, like you could with bottles and buckets. I haven't tried it, but i'm guessing it doesn't work in a transposer either?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
It would be nice if you could fill up the camel pack by clicking on a tank, like you could with bottles and buckets. I haven't tried it, but i'm guessing it doesn't work in a transposer either?
That it does not. I could, technically, add a recipe. That said, it wouldn't work the way I'd like. Afaik, I can't get it to take a pack at whatever level of water and add water until it is full. I'm not sure a transposer could even do that to begin with, and I certainly dont have a way to even try. I could fill a completely empty pack, or fill a pack at very specific levels of full, but that isn't as helpful

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
is it because the camel pack it self doesn't show the water ammount once it is put in? would getting it hooked up to show the ammount of water it holds at any time allow you to add the recipe in then?

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
It's too bad you can't advance past the camel pack later on when you have a bunch of tech and plenty of water. The camel pack just gets annoying to have to be refilled. Even keeping extra camel packs that are already full around doesn't really help either. You just have to keep checking to see if your hydration starts dropping and deal with it.

Havent got that far yet but that's a shame, I guess we would need to suggest this to whoever makes the water mod!