[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I just put moss on my stuff. Once I get a few stone barrels during a rain storm, I just keep filling up the liquid tranposers. It's only 2.125 buckets per moss. The only item that comes close to breaking is my shovel when I'm improving my base.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
if your that far in the game, it makes more sense just to make another cell. there not that hard if you have a quartz grindstone.
Leadstone energy cells require glass. and i am saying you can get this when in 6 days from the start of the map on easy map he did. you can make invar in the smeltery from TiCo. 2 iron to 1 Nickel and nickel you can get from sieving gravel which you can get from ur cobblestone generator by using a stone hammer on the cobble stone as it generates.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Leadstone energy cells require glass. and i am saying you can get this when in 6 days from the start of the map on easy map he did. you can make invar in the smeltery from TiCo. 2 iron to 1 Nickel and nickel you can get from sieving gravel which you can get from ur cobblestone generator by using a stone hammer on the cobble stone as it generates.
Yeah. But, it really doesn't matter. Leadstone capacitors don't take that much to make, anyway, and by the time you can make metal tools plus some sort of power to run a recharging thingie it would be more or less trivial to make one. I'm not fussed by it. Not including some sort of power in the beginning means no transposers and that imbalance would be way worse.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Yeah. But, it really doesn't matter. Leadstone capacitors don't take that much to make, anyway, and by the time you can make metal tools plus some sort of power to run a recharging thingie it would be more or less trivial to make one. I'm not fussed by it. Not including some sort of power in the beginning means no transposers and that imbalance would be way worse.
Cool :) gives me ideas....!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Well looks like I will dehydrate once again. One of my problems seem to be that I cannot collect 4 bones to make a bone crook and progress with the quests :(
Really? Odd, you should just be able to wait until the morning of the second day and pick up all the drops from mobs that burned up in the sun. Use the needlegun to put down anything that survived.

And not progressing the quests shouldn't be hindering your thirst. If you start to get thirsty, prioritize making water. You can use wooden crooks, the bone crook requirement was just to illustrate that there is an alternative. You should also be able to make a slab furnace fairly quickly, a stack of dust, maybe a stack and a half should give you the stones you need (I think stone drops from dust are in 1.0.6). From there you can easily get shears, a crucible, and everything else you need to set up leaves for water. Plus crafting dirt from all the saplings from crooking trees and rotten flesh you should be getting from collecting mob drops during the day means a lot of dirty water you can clean up to drink.

I balanced things fairly well, I think. I know it is hard at first, but it isn't impossible.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't found using shears to get leaves to make water worth while. If I get low I use dirt/water. But I focus on getting furnace & basic cobble generator first. If I get happen to get the materials to make the bone crook, good, but getting a 1+ stone barrels is a priority. When it first rains, I just keep making more barrels while waiting for them to fill.

Yup, nicely hard. (but the real hard is yet to rear it murderous face)

Potato_Overlord

Jul 29, 2019
To me it seems that the map seems to get easier and easier every update. which isn't bad. at the begining at like 1.0.4 I was dying every five minutes.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
To me it seems that the map seems to get easier and easier every update. which isn't bad. at the begining at like 1.0.4 I was dying every five minutes.

Balance is a work in progress. I want the early game to be tense, not murderous. I think I'm more or less there. I am erring on the side of being a little too easy. I am probably going to include a config pack to ramp up the difficulty for those who want it, so I don't completely lose everyone else.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Died. Note to self: That wall near the fire is open and mobs can come in at night. Zombie hordes are a bit difficult to handle with no weapon in an enclosed space.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't found using shears to get leaves to make water worth while. If I get low I use dirt/water. But I focus on getting furnace & basic cobble generator first. If I get happen to get the materials to make the bone crook, good, but getting a 1+ stone barrels is a priority. When it first rains, I just keep making more barrels while waiting for them to fill.

Yup, nicely hard. (but the real hard is yet to rear it murderous face)
Yeah, 8 leaves in a barrel > 1 dirt > 1 bottle of dirty water > furnace > 1 water bottle, is much better than 50 leaves in a barrel > 1 bottle of water.

I'm playing with rain disabled and surviving just fine this way.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm sorry to be a bother but my camel pack has stopped working. It is full but I am still getting more and more dehydrated. Yes I am wearing it.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hmm sorry to be a bother but my camel pack has stopped working. It is full but I am still getting more and more dehydrated. Yes I am wearing it.
That should not happen. Possibly a bug in Envoromine?

Mind, it won't keep you constantly at 100%, it will dip down to 90%, and the fill you back up. If it is going below 90% then I'm not sure beyond standard advice of taking it off putting it on and/or logging out and back in.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
all vanilla crops are removed from the sieve recipes and from quest rewards, but you can still get some of them by:
carrots = rare zombie drop
potatoes = rare zombie drop
melons = buy from villagers (you can craft villager spawn eggs much further down the line in your world)
apples = drop from oak trees and can be grown with harvestcraft apple trees
fish = just go fishing in water like normal

AFAIK, wheat/seeds and pumpkins are completely unobtainable. EDIT: actually you can probably get wheat/seeds from punching tall grass, which has to wait until you get grass.

Last edited: