[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Iskandar,

Just found your modpack, and played for a few hours.
Here is some feedback.

Good:
Its excellent to see someone thinking outside of making hunger harder and branching out to other statuses.
Overall it seems like an Excellent mod, most recipes I looked at looked appropriately balanced.

Bad:
The initial Quest Line "Basic Survival" needs some serious re-ordering.
Its incredibly confusing trying to trace down what is needed.
Its not very intuitive about what needs to come next. This is coming from someone who's played Skyblock maps before (Including AgSkies)
When you die and come back with Sync the Temp and Dehydration bars are gone...essentially allowing standard hunger problems and no worries about water.

Game breaking bug as well.
If you die in front of the Sync, your grave prevents you from exiting...

This is all in 1.0.6
Yeah. 1.0.7 update will be live sometime late today, and I re-ordered the quests in that update. It should be much more readable. And yes, dying with a shell available does indeed screw with your environment bars. This is a cross mod problem between Sync and Enviromine that I cannot fix. Which is also why I do warn you to log out and back in again if you die in the very first post. I guess I need to post that somewhere in game....in as large a font as I can.[DOUBLEPOST=1403270832][/DOUBLEPOST]
The hoe only removes grass in 1.0.7, how can I till dirt to plant seeds?

Simple enough. If the dirt is within 4 of water, it tills. Otherwise, not so much. Or use a TiCo mattock.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
the TiCo farming tools.. combine a hatch and shovel head inthe the tool station.

Andrej Savikin

Jul 29, 2019
I think that you should have a non-hardcore version, because me(and probably some other people) don't feel like starting over EVERYTHING on death

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
Play the Easy map then. You get a Sync chamber and a Leadstone cell to power it from the start. Just always remember to create a backup clone when you start or die, and you have basically unlimited lives. Just don't get killed by a mob right next to your sync chamber, only to be killed as soon as you emerge.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I think that you should have a non-hardcore version, because me(and probably some other people) don't feel like starting over EVERYTHING on death
That is what the easy map is for. Sync constructor from the start.

Also, talked with Vswe and maybe HQM will get the conflict with Sync sorted out. Maybe.Might.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I got a suggestion. In 1.0.7, you have a quest after the "kill x mobs" quest that requires you to make an ender generator. But it requires one of those prc-lx things from MFR, which requires a printed circuit board from Pneumatic craft. But the whole "Under pressure" quest line hasn't been unlocked yet to teach you about pneumatic craft (so to speak). Also if you complete the ender generator quest, the next quest after that wants you to build a printed circuit board as if for the first time, and at this point, the pneumatic craft quests get unlocked. I think the ender generator quest and the printed circuit board quest should switch places.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Afaik, and I will check when I get home, the Pneumaticcraft quests unlock with the in got quests. If the didn't, I screwed up and will fix it.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
You are right, it was the ingot quest that unlocked "under pressure", but the ender gen quest and the circuit board quest should still be switched.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
You are right, it was the ingot quest that unlocked "under pressure", but the ender gen quest and the circuit board quest should still be switched.
Yes, they should, an oversight. I reversed the quest requirements by accident. Not gamebreaking, luckily. I will fix it for 1.0.8

Andrej Savikin

Jul 29, 2019
That is what the easy map is for. Sync constructor from the start.

Also, talked with Vswe and maybe HQM will get the conflict with Sync sorted out. Maybe.Might.
Let me fill your (small) room with 10 zombies and a sync chamber and see you survive....

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Let me fill your (small) room with 10 zombies and a sync chamber and see you survive....
Um, not be picky, but how would having normal HQM lives instead of Sync have saved you? You would have spawned...right back in the middle of the zombies. In fact, even if you had infinite lives...you would still keep spawning right into a pack of zombies.

Sorry, failure to protect your spawn point is hardly my fault. You have an entire day, and much like the start of any map, your first priority is to make sure you have a shelter for the night. This is true for vanilla Minecraft, this is true for modded Minecraft, and this remains true for my mod pack.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
That bug I was talking about with autonomous activators breaking down cobble into gravel with hammers? Yeah, you can just do it yourself by hammering cobble at a vanilla cobble generator with the f3 screen on. As you break the cobble and collect gravel, the entity count just skyrockets. Do it long enough, you'll have thousands of entities and start dropping in FPS. So it has nothing to do with TE.

Pretty sure it's ex nihilo. I'll see if I can find it in the bug reports.

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
That bug I was talking about with autonomous activators breaking down cobble into gravel with hammers? Yeah, you can just do it yourself by hammering cobble at a vanilla cobble generator with the f3 screen on. As you break the cobble and collect gravel, the entity count just skyrockets. Do it long enough, you'll have thousands of entities and start dropping in FPS. So it has nothing to do with TE.

Pretty sure it's ex nihilo. I'll see if I can find it in the bug reports.
It's not doing it in the 3.0.1 Agrarian Skies, if that helps... :-/

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
part 2 is up now if you want to add it. took them 36 hours to uploads. think there systems is messing up again.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
It's not doing it in the 3.0.1 Agrarian Skies, if that helps... :-/
Not sure then. I think AgS 3.0.1 is running ex nihilo 1.29d, same as this pack. Does anyone else experience this bug too? Is it just me? I've tried the various commands of killing entities and none of them work. I've tried turning particles to minimum in the settings, didn't work. I've tried it in peaceful, no luck.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
part 3 was corrupted though so i'll just have to log in and give some tips and so people a few things. the game glitched to and when i got back in side the base it put the 2nd Blazing pro back outside right ontop of a creaper.

Last edited: