[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Finally got Day 1 of Crash Landing uploaded! Check it out. I also have an Agrarian Skies play through on my channel

ok dude don't use bones. bone meals cost less and 2 words...creeper jockey..enough said, rofl. great video. no way i'm stay out side in the open at night though.

Side note he added mone meal at the start, :( not fair rofl. :)

P.s. i died 4 times also rofl

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I just want to excuse that I was annoying a bit ago this day...this was a rough day for me.
Happens. And my mod pack rides a fairly fine line between fun and frustrating.
I may have been a bit snippy myself. In my case, I'm fighting a cold and haven't slept in two days.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
If possible for the next update (1.0.8) or so could you add a way to make cold water bottles into regular water bottles cause I have 10 of them sitting in a chest but 0 normal bottles

but the cold water bottles are very handy to have handy when you suddenly realize you have heat stroke cause you were building at the outskirts of your base and rushed back to replace the water at your station. I save them and use them when I'm stupid. :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Nope. Recipes must be absolute.

<SNIP>

what about the extra cells fluid terminal? I guess since it's not considered a container, then that's the same problem. I know he was working on getting some things to work correctly in that. Too bad the camel pack doesn't actually "contain" water like a tank cause then it might be possible.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Cold water only cools you by 0.1, but a bottle in the camel pack can cool you by 2.0 degrees. I use up the cold water first so I got the empty bottles to fill when I can.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I was playing the ag skies 3.01 for a day but 2 days ago, I didn't post this. I was in my "2nd or 3rd" floor I built above the crash setting up something and was in my inventory and I got a wavy thing like heatstroke so thought my camel pack was dry and getting heat stroke but looked right at it and it was at 90% and suddenly realized the hypothermia status. wtf? I know that's in environmine but really curious how it was triggered? I stood next to my furnace for a while to warm my toes but still wondering wtf....[DOUBLEPOST=1403311910][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cold water only cools you by 0.1, but a bottle in the camel pack can cool you by 2.0 degrees. I use up the cold water first so I got the empty bottles to fill when I can.

All I know is that the couple times I've had heat stroke, I've done this before filling the pack and putting it back on and I swear I recovered quicker than just filling the pack. dunno if it's water level related vs cooling. dunno.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Cold water might help better with fixing heat stroke, not sure, but I do know that you can lower your temp more and faster with the camel pack then cold water.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
anyone else have the urge to go watch Dune after play for a while. : )

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I was playing the ag skies 3.01 for a day but 2 days ago, I didn't post this. I was in my "2nd or 3rd" floor I built above the crash setting up something and was in my inventory and I got a wavy thing like heatstroke so thought my camel pack was dry and getting heat stroke but looked right at it and it was at 90% and suddenly realized the hypothermia status. wtf? I know that's in environmine but really curious how it was triggered? I stood next to my furnace for a while to warm my toes but still wondering wtf....[DOUBLEPOST=1403311910][/DOUBLEPOST]

All I know is that the couple times I've had heat stroke, I've done this before filling the pack and putting it back on and I swear I recovered quicker than just filling the pack. dunno if it's water level related vs cooling. dunno.

Side effect of the hack I did to raise the ocean biome to desert like temps, I made dust emit heat. You got above the range of the heat and you were back to regular ocean temps....plus it gets colder the higher you go. This should be somewhat fixed in 1.0.8, however building way off the ground will probably still be fairly cool.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
anyone else have the urge to go watch Dune after play for a while. : )

are you saying I'm drinking my own urine in this camelpack/still suit? :} cool. tastes lemony. with a sprinkle of jasmine.

IRAKIS!

now to go search for some spice and find me a worm to tame to kill those monsters at the gate.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
are you saying I'm drinking my own urine in this camelpack/still suit? :} cool. tastes lemony. with a sprinkle of jasmine.

IRAKIS!

now to go search for some spice and find me a worm to tame to kill those monsters at the gate.
No worms, but mobs will track you based on noise in 1.0.7. A step in the right direction.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Side effect of the hack I did to raise the ocean biome to desert like temps, I made dust emit heat. You got above the range of the heat and you were back to regular ocean temps....plus it gets colder the higher you go. This should be somewhat fixed in 1.0.8, however building way off the ground will probably still be fairly cool.
would be nice since you have pneumaticcraft in here, to have some sort of environmine/pnuematiccraft bridge to allow that visor to see temps and objects that emit/take temps away. guess I need torches or something up there. I have a thing for the glowstone bricks from MFR and I use them all the time so probably those don't have any environmine data. was the only time that happened. I love that pic on environmine minecraft forum post about warming up with all the sheep. laughed hard on that. not going to make a joke about "loving" sheep. :}

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
My defense tactic is pretty standard.. I dig a 2 deep moat, with a two high wall behind that. Then I put down a row of fences and a wood slab on top. I have to build in stages as I get enough wood, but the fence/slab combination gets spiders stuck, they won't go over that. Anything else falls in the pit and can't climb out. I just wait till most of the mobs burn up in the morning, go around the top to kill any stragglers, then hop down to collect the drops.
can you describe the fence/slab thing? I'm curious what you mean... do you mean fences on top of the wall, then slab on top of fence? I've been looking for an alternate to the lip idea for a long time. don't wanna keep giving them shade to rest in during the day. (skel's are notorious for this). Was thinking if I had to do the lip I'd make that one earth that hurts undead but that's alot of dirt to create for my entire border.

btw, the potato jetpack thrown to the monsters (with the config setting tweaked to allow it to happen) (in 1.05) is hillarious. I would never have thought to try that. purty!

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
That is exactly how I do it, Doom. For the same reasons. And to save resources. The spiders get caught in the indentation the fence makes, so they won't climb over the slab. In fact every morning I just walk around the top of the fence and stab the spiders, then hop down to collect the drops. Without the more traditional 2-slab overhang, the mobs in the pit don't have cover from the sun.

Later on, once you have sugar cane production you can craft punji sticks and ring the pit and the fencing to kill off mobs even at night. I usually put them every 3 blocks so I can still hop into the pit. It looks funny hanging in air next to the fence, but they still work.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Pack update!
Updated Extra Cells to 1.6.9d
Updated HQM to 4.0.4
Updated Pneumaticcraft to 1.1.4f
Updated Sync to 2.2.2
Updated TICTweaks to 1.0.3
Added Special Mobs, default off
Added Spice of Life, grace period of 36 foods
Added Zombie Awareness
Added heat to a lot more blocks, thanks to Pip69
Reworked and Added Reward Bags (work in progress)
Reworked Quests for HQM 4.0.4 See if you can find the hidden quest!
Pneumaticcraft quests started. They will now walk you through setting up a pressure chamber and how to make PCBs manually. More advanced quests will come later
Removed vanilla seeds from the sieve and the quest book.
Added Harvestcraft seeds to sieve and quest book.
Gently nerfed food and water rewards.
Tech tree unified. Pneumaticcraft is now necessary for almost all tech progression
If enabled, mobs will break light sources and smash tech. also, if they can see through something, they will destroy it to get to you. This includes half slabs, fence gates, and glass. Default off
Mobs in general are smarter.
Changed the maps a little. Bone meal added to the starting supplies

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
That is exactly how I do it, Doom. For the same reasons. And to save resources. The spiders get caught in the indentation the fence makes, so they won't climb over the slab. In fact every morning I just walk around the top of the fence and stab the spiders, then hop down to collect the drops. Without the more traditional 2-slab overhang, the mobs in the pit don't have cover from the sun.

Later on, once you have sugar cane production you can craft punji sticks and ring the pit and the fencing to kill off mobs even at night. I usually put them every 3 blocks so I can still hop into the pit. It looks funny hanging in air next to the fence, but they still work.

that is awesome. TY very much. As soon as 1.0.7 hits the launcher, I'll be starting another world and trying this. damn, wish that would hit the launcher. I am quitting/reloading launcher every 5 minutes in hope of seeing it show up :}

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
btw, when I changed the dl location to cursecdn, it found 1.0.7 so the other sites probably sync from that one. cool. dl'ing. getting ready to sweat. :} time to change my goals completely with water. fun fun fun!

also, could you add the autopackager that they made for agrarian skies? that thing is awesome fit for nihilo dusts, etc....

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Really enjoying the slice of life mod addition to this pack. It has really made me dive into all kinds of various foods you can make. Finding a lot of easy to make stuff that gives decent hunger back. Real cool addition.

Going back to the camel pack discussion. I can't imagine it would be too hard for a mod maker to make a mod specifically for this pack that lets you craft a water tank (like an oxygen tank that you wear on your back, but for water) that stores much more water, but costs a lot more to craft than camel packs do. Something like that would be great. Easier said than done though, right? :p