[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
if it sticks on loading it might not load at all. i run into that problem on AS and had to quit the LP for it.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
ok, didn't work. after my last run in with the spider, went around during the day and did this:
X=DUST
F=Fence
S=Slab
O=EMPTY (Pit)

S
F
X
X
XOXXXXXXX
XOX
XXX

am I supposed to leave a space between the fence and slab? I'll have to wait till daytime. I just had a spider join my tree cutting expedition so I gave him my axe. Is this a generic MC thing I just didn't know about?

Edit: NM I got it. slab in upper position. makes sence. now I'm standing here laughing at 2 spiders hopping to the bud why ser gang. thanks again

That is how I do it. With the slab in the lower position, so mobs won't spawn on top of the fence.

A quest observation: Hunger Games has you collecting rice, but no where is it mentioned how you get rice seeds. It's easy enough to check NEI for sieve recipes and see that it comes from sieving dirt, but it would probably help to add that as a line in the quest text.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
That is how I do it. With the slab in the lower position, so mobs won't spawn on top of the fence.

A quest observation: Hunger Games has you collecting rice, but no where is it mentioned how you get rice seeds. It's easy enough to check NEI for sieve recipes and see that it comes from sieving dirt, but it would probably help to add that as a line in the quest text.

slab in bottom didn't keep them out tho. wierd. Not a big deal tho since it only took a couple torches here and there to keep them at bay.

I _DID_ however have a single zombie, an effeminate one at that, come into the ship unannounced, smacked me once, then exited the ship and was walking away. I was like WTF? I followed him to my smeltery and then he turned around and I killed him. was weird as hell. just one. I double checked every inch of the place but no marks ala F7. nothing. weird how he got in. probably cause I've expanded the middle both ways, then expanded big one, but not behind the ship which I'm doing now. the ship will be in the middle w/no more budweiser frogs. man it's nice to have quiet again.

As far as food goes, every morning I head out and collect the bones, dem bones dem bones. I have about 20+ stacks of bones now. lots of bonemeal. just get lots of seeds and when you get a moments rest, bonemeal the hell out of even just one plant and then make something. I just realized that a grinder is out of the question for now till I tech up (just goes to show I shouldn't start making invar till after I look what it takes to make casings der). So, I made some rice dough, some fruit salad, juices, soup, and if I start some canes, I can get sugar and make twice-three times that. stick in a chest and start munching.

Bellwar

Jul 29, 2019
should i use sprinkler from open block when it is writed in book? because i cant find it in NEI

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
And no I didn't Odd. There are some discrepancies between my dev environment and the live update. Not sure how that happens. Fixed for 1.0.8, anyway.

Also, first post updated. Replacement maps have also been updated for those that need them.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
slab in bottom didn't keep them out tho. wierd. Not a big deal tho since it only took a couple torches here and there to keep them at bay.

I _DID_ however have a single zombie, an effeminate one at that, come into the ship unannounced, smacked me once, then exited the ship and was walking away. I was like WTF? I followed him to my smeltery and then he turned around and I killed him. was weird as hell. just one. I double checked every inch of the place but no marks ala F7. nothing. weird how he got in. probably cause I've expanded the middle both ways, then expanded big one, but not behind the ship which I'm doing now. the ship will be in the middle w/no more budweiser frogs. man it's nice to have quiet again.

As far as food goes, every morning I head out and collect the bones, dem bones dem bones. I have about 20+ stacks of bones now. lots of bonemeal. just get lots of seeds and when you get a moments rest, bonemeal the hell out of even just one plant and then make something. I just realized that a grinder is out of the question for now till I tech up (just goes to show I shouldn't start making invar till after I look what it takes to make casings der). So, I made some rice dough, some fruit salad, juices, soup, and if I start some canes, I can get sugar and make twice-three times that. stick in a chest and start munching.

he spawned on top of your smeltery maybe? most people forget top slab or torch it if it is to high?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

you put the reg rice in your crafting area and it will turn into seeds.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
You have to use a hoe on grass blocks like in beta minecraft to get seeds you would normally get from punching tall grass.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
You have to use a hoe on grass blocks like in beta minecraft to get seeds you would normally get from punching tall grass.
place dirt in a 5*5 area and plant the grass seed. You then bone meal the grass block for fruit tree and fruit spawns. (you'll want to repeat and some till you have a good amount) you then grow the fruit trees (using bone meal) and use the fruit in your crafting area to get the fruit seed. then you can plant it. then break all the grass and hoe every block but the center on. Wait for the grass to grow back and repeat. you will only get harvestcraft seeds.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
also once the tree is grow if you right the fruit twice with bone meal it will give a full grow fruit. although i don't think the juice recipes are in for all the fruit tree fruit? if they are not just use check the smoothie recipes and only grow the ones that have smoothie recipes.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
he spawned on top of your smeltery maybe? most people forget top slab or torch it if it is to high?
nope. I check that all the time. I leave F7 on while building it cause of that.[DOUBLEPOST=1403375817][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sprinklers have been disabled. I thought I had removed that reference in the quest book.

why disable sprinklers? Especially w/new hunger mechanisms?