[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, so some things thus far.

I swear two of the quests finished at the same time early on, both just wanted me to have some dirt I think. (don't recall exactly since I was waiting for the zombies to start burping out BUD why SER like frogs or something any second then.

I just got a OMG great award (I think) for fulfilling the purified task and I almost died due to a bug. I opened up the reward bag and it gave me like 20+ wooden hammers! now that in and of itself is no biggie, but it was nighttime and all the entities dropped since I only had 4 spaces left in my inventory but I was paused and a spider jumped into the pen and started beating me up (with the zombies cheering him on) and finally when I was able to get in control, all the actions the spider took on me hit me all at once and I was shot across the pen. luckilly had gun hotkeyd and I put a clip into him but there goes my bullets. time to make more needles. sigh. dunno if this is the entity issue. I did have an issue with AG skies new version with items flying around like XP orbs using mag mode or vaccuous on tools. haven't gotten that far to verify here.

I also got hit by bad RNG. 3 enormous trees in a row, nighttime then before daybreak I had rain which lasted 1.5 MC days till the next night so I didn't get a daytime till 2 days in to pick up bones, etc... I will actually enjoy you taking rain out of the equation. I am thinking of turning it off in NEI for now and get used to it that way.

awesome updates tho. I am still laughing so hard at the congregating mobs outside and yes, I got a potatoe jetpack for my reward bag (first one I think). heh haven't used it yet. waiting for a perfect budweiser frog to plant it on. thanks man. This makes the early game fun yet not so bad. and no, I don't see how having them come through digging through your fences will help. think about it. where are you going to go? It's fight/win or fight/lose/start over each time. that really won't work here versus the fight/run-like-hell and hide in cliff or something. there's nowhere to go....

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
That is exactly how I do it, Doom. For the same reasons. And to save resources. The spiders get caught in the indentation the fence makes, so they won't climb over the slab. In fact every morning I just walk around the top of the fence and stab the spiders, then hop down to collect the drops. Without the more traditional 2-slab overhang, the mobs in the pit don't have cover from the sun.

Later on, once you have sugar cane production you can craft punji sticks and ring the pit and the fencing to kill off mobs even at night. I usually put them every 3 blocks so I can still hop into the pit. It looks funny hanging in air next to the fence, but they still work.

ok, didn't work. after my last run in with the spider, went around during the day and did this:
X=DUST
F=Fence
S=Slab
O=EMPTY (Pit)

S
F
X
X
XOXXXXXXX
XOX
XXX

am I supposed to leave a space between the fence and slab? I'll have to wait till daytime. I just had a spider join my tree cutting expedition so I gave him my axe. Is this a generic MC thing I just didn't know about?

Edit: NM I got it. slab in upper position. makes sence. now I'm standing here laughing at 2 spiders hopping to the bud why ser gang. thanks again

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Pack update!
Updated Extra Cells to 1.6.9d
Updated HQM to 4.0.4
Updated Pneumaticcraft to 1.1.4f
Updated Sync to 2.2.2
Updated TICTweaks to 1.0.3
Added Special Mobs, default off
Added Spice of Life, grace period of 36 foods
Added Zombie Awareness
Added heat to a lot more blocks, thanks to Pip69
Reworked and Added Reward Bags (work in progress)
Reworked Quests for HQM 4.0.4 See if you can find the hidden quest!
Pneumaticcraft quests started. They will now walk you through setting up a pressure chamber and how to make PCBs manually. More advanced quests will come later
Removed vanilla seeds from the sieve and the quest book.
Added Harvestcraft seeds to sieve and quest book.
Gently nerfed food and water rewards.
Tech tree unified. Pneumaticcraft is now necessary for almost all tech progression
If enabled, mobs will break light sources and smash tech. also, if they can see through something, they will destroy it to get to you. This includes half slabs, fence gates, and glass. Default off
Mobs in general are smarter.
Changed the maps a little. Bone meal added to the starting supplies

oh man the spice of life mod...:( could you have just add quest in to eat different types of foods for rewards instead of nerfing. i know you said their are 3 types to start but BnBs mod pack has areas where you can gather different types. making a pot requires 4 iron and that is a good 2-3 days work sieving at the start and you going to want shears and a iron bucket first. lots of people are just going to die from this mod being added. can it be disabled?

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you want the Extra Utils water transfer node enabled? It's far easier to get than the Aqueous Accumulator, and supplies far more water as well. It should at least have a reworked recipe like the Accumulator does; I pumped all my resources into getting one ASAP and toss water willy nilly now.

EDIT: Oh joy, the blazing pyrotheum caused a creeper to explode my base on the very first night, rendering that save unplayable. Wish that didn't cause block damage; now I have to start it over again.

Last edited:

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you want the Extra Utils water transfer node enabled? It's far easier to get than the Aqueous Accumulator, and supplies far more water as well. It should at least have a reworked recipe like the Accumulator does; I pumped all my resources into getting one ASAP and toss water willy nilly now.

Does the transfer node Make water? I thought it was just like a fluidduct.

You get the pot as a quest reward. I think you just need 1 iron, 3 stone and wood to make the items.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Does the transfer node Make water? I thought it was just like a fluidduct.

G27iYOH.png

"A liquid transfer node attached to a water source block with two water source blocks adjacent will continuously generate water at a rate of 1 bucket per second."

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Screw it, I'm disabling rain. Two days in a row (on the very first two days no less) I get rain RIGHT as it's about to become day, and it ends right after sundown. Those first couple of days are vital to survival, and being penned in my ship, unable to get out, is really irritating.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Screw it, I'm disabling rain. Two days in a row (on the very first two days no less) I get rain RIGHT as it's about to become day, and it ends right after sundown. Those first couple of days are vital to survival, and being penned in my ship, unable to get out, is really irritating.

same here. and all you get to do is listen to the budweiser frogs while you wait. *hehe*

Is it just me or are creepers sprinters now?

Also, there's no recipe for putting rubber tree saplings and getting dirt. waiting on cobblegen.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
what I'd like to know is that with all of this, why did you change the stack size on so many things? That really is just too much. one of my pet peeves about BNB is that. Especially with the SOL mod. If you have to carry around a bunch of food, why change the stacks like so?[DOUBLEPOST=1403345105][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just move the water next to the intact engine 8 blocks away from the blazing pyrotheum and dig a channel to it. Then use a hammer on the resulting smooth stone.

same. I mean auto. working towards transfer pipes, etc... while it's not removed that is :}

Bellwar

Jul 29, 2019
I think start is so hard i dont get much salt and then i die because i dont even get stone for furnace... so i dont have any food :(

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
what I'd like to know is that with all of this, why did you change the stack size on so many things? That really is just too much. one of my pet peeves about BNB is that. Especially with the SOL mod. If you have to carry around a bunch of food, why change the stacks like so?[DOUBLEPOST=1403345105][/DOUBLEPOST]

same. I mean auto. working towards transfer pipes, etc... while it's not removed that is :}
Side effect of the SoL mod. I forgot to change it, is all. I'll fix it for 1.0.8.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
you waiting for a reg furnace? slab furnace is only 8 slabs instead of 8 cobblestone. you should be getting stones from sieving dust which take 4 in a 2*2 in ur crafting will give you cobblestone.

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
I was living out of melon smoothies (just upgraded from melon juices)
Any suggestions now that I'll be supposed to get more different foods? I have all the quest from 1.0.6 except the ender generator (mainly because I semiautomated some processes instead of focusing on quests)

Also, what would be easier, get some more diamond chests, or work into some ME chest, maybe a ME network?

I have a nice suply of water, not automated but infinite, so I can get easy soulsad for quartz.

And why the seared bricks need four times more seared stone that NEI says? It says it needs 36mb, but it needs 144 mb, like an ingot. I have the feeling it has been wrong since always...

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Any suggestions now that I'll be supposed to get more different foods? I have all the quest from 1.0.6 except the ender generator (mainly because I semiautomated some processes instead of focusing on quests)

Also, what would be easier, get some more diamond chests, or work into some ME chest, maybe a ME network?

I have a nice suply of water, not automated but infinite, so I can get easy soulsad for quartz.

And why the seared bricks need four times more seared stone that NEI says? It says it needs 36mb, but it needs 144 mb, like an ingot. I have the feeling it has been wrong since always...

Melon juice, melon smoothies, zombie jerky, stock, a load of things made from stock. You'll be fine

Reactions: Wrulfy

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
seed soup as i recall...?[DOUBLEPOST=1403352248][/DOUBLEPOST]

i'd say me chest it will take up less space and you can upgrade it over time

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
Melon juice, melon smoothies, zombie jerky, stock, a load of things made from stock. You'll be fine
oh thanks. i'll eat that. after I set the grinder I'll get more jerky, I havent' eat a lot recently since melon drinks was easier. however I got fortune 2 in the bone knife and a bunch more of modifiers, but I wonder why the reward bone broadsword can't level up.

It is normal to take so much time to load the old worlds? It seems to get stuck in the "loading world" screen, while the new maps, the one with the C loads at a normal speed...

Last edited: