[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Q: For sieving can SFM block gates by used in place of A.Activators, and if so is one block gate faster than one A.Activator when used to sieve?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Q: For sieving can SFM block gates by used in place of A.Activators, and if so is one block gate faster than one A.Activator when used to sieve?
Yes, it'a a lot faster, but it needs to be placed one space away from the sieve.

He says it's more expensive than his other design but I disagree, requiring less iron is a huge deal in this map.
Also that video shows how to make a 1-tick clock, which is useful for other purposes, mostly builds using rapid item valves or block gates.

Last edited:
Reactions: SReject

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Yes and yes.

Technically the SFM can be use to simulate right/left click with anything but in practice you need a Rapid Item Valve to pick up the item your clicking with. Also Water Bottles disappear when used with a gate

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it'a a lot faster, but it needs to be placed one space away from the sieve.

He says it's more expensive than his other design but I disagree, requiring less iron is a huge deal in this map.
Also that video shows how to make a 1-tick clock, which is useful for other purposes, mostly builds using rapid item valves or block gates.
Thanks. I was trying it, but didn't know I had to have the 1 block gap between sieve and B.Gate

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Left click with hammers, right click with blocks
So if you just output a hammer to a block gate, it hammers the bock in front of it? That seems unlikely to me, I expect it would click with the hammer once and then drop the item before the block breaks. Are you sure that works?[DOUBLEPOST=1412861377][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks. I was trying it, but didn't know I had to have the 1 block gap between sieve and B.Gate
Yeah I guessed that was the problem, as I made exactly that mistake when I tore down my build and rebuilt it.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
So if you just output a hammer to a block gate, it hammers the bock in front of it? That seems unlikely to me, I expect it would click with the hammer once and then drop the item before the block breaks. Are you sure that works?[DOUBLEPOST=1412861377][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I guessed that was the problem, as I made exactly that mistake when I tore down my build and rebuilt it.
Hence the rapid item valve. Ultimately Each instance is = one click regardless of whether you're sifting dirt or using hammer so you need something to pick it back up in order to use it again

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, is additional modifiers for tinkers tools disabled? Or am i just doing it wrong? (i tried diamond+gold block, nether star and golden apple+diamond block)

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech much?
SOOOOOOOO much worse than anything I've ever done with GregTech. You're dealing with multiple tiers of recipe nerfs that ultimately require ME advanced processors for damn near everything you make at every stage of construction for the two ME 64k fluid storage units. Each advanced processor requires a 300 level logic expansion card. Each of those requires two PCBs and a 100 level logic expansion card, which in turn needs another PCB.

AE recipes, by their nature, require exponentially greater amounts of components for every tier increase (factor of 3). By the time you get to 64k, with the insane number of advanced processors you need, you have to have something like a hundred 300 level logic expansion cards, 3 stacks or so of PCBs, six to eight stacks of fluxed electrum, 20 - 30 odd stacks each of iron and redstone, not to mention about that much of several different kinds of plastic from both PnC and MFR. Plus all that nether quartz that you can only get from sifting soul sand.

That will get you one. The recipe for an AA requires TWO.

Holy grind fest, Batman!

Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
SOOOOOOOO much worse than anything I've ever done with GregTech. You're dealing with multiple tiers of recipe nerfs that ultimately require ME advanced processors for damn near everything you make at every stage of conduction for the two ME 64k fluid storage units. Each advanced processor requires a 300 level logic expansion card. Each of those requires two PCBs and a 100 level logic expansion card, which in turn needs another PCB.

AE recipes, by their nature, require exponentially greater amounts of components for every tier increase (factor of 3). By the time you get to 64k, with the insane number of advanced processors you need, you have to have something like a hundred 300 level logic expansion cards, 3 stacks or so of PCBs, six to eight stacks of fluxed electrum, 20 - 30 odd stacks each of iron and redstone, not to mention about that much of several different kinds of plastic from both PnC and MFR. Plus all that nether quartz that you can only get from sifting soul sand.

Holy grind fest, Batman!
Aques accumulator or Autunomous activator

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, is additional modifiers for tinkers tools disabled? Or am i just doing it wrong? (i tried diamond+gold block, nether star and golden apple+diamond block)
They've been disabled. Im not sure whether via config or if its a mod
SOOOOOOOO much worse than anything I've ever done with GregTech. You're dealing with multiple tiers of recipe nerfs that ultimately require ME advanced processors for damn near everything you make at every stage of construction for the two ME 64k fluid storage units. Each advanced processor requires a 300 level logic expansion card. Each of those requires two PCBs and a 100 level logic expansion card, which in turn needs another PCB.

Holy grind fest, Batman!
Steve's factory manager in place of using AE

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
They've been disabled. Im not sure whether via config or if its a mod

Steve's factory manager in place of using AE
I'm not saying to use AE to automate, just saying that the 64k fluid storage units are AE components and thus use the same exponentially increasing type of recipe that all other AE components use.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not saying to use AE to automate, just saying that the 64k fluid storage units are AE components and thus use the same exponentially increasing type of recipe that all other AE components use.
I misread, and was about to fix my post to reflect. Sorry about that.

But yea, I have a querlm with the the expressiveness of the PCB/Expansion Cards. I understand that at the start things are going to be grindy. But mid/end game, its still a grind. Be it either manually collected seeds for plastic, or automation, both take forever to get setup and working right. Then it becomes a waiting game.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea behind PneCr and how this pack has been put together, but I feel that there wasn't enough thought put into mid to late-game balancing so that it wouldn't JUST be a grind