[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Got a bug in 1.1.3 already: Cannot complete the Tools of the Trade quest because there is no manual submit button to get credit for the bone axe and shovel heads.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Got a bug in 1.1.3 already: Cannot complete the Tools of the Trade quest because there is no manual submit button to get credit for the bone axe and shovel heads.
That happens when quests get changed. /hqm edit will force complete it

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Problems are (1) block gate places ores faster than they get hammered, even when set to 1 block and 1-sec clock and; (2) rapid item valve picks these extra up and puts them in the wrong chest. I could add in another chest and dole everything out from there, but that seems like an extra step to me [and I realize this may come back to bite me later on...]
I use Block Detectors looking for ID 0 to govern the placement of blocks to be hammered, so the block gets placed instantly as soon as the last one breaks.

I wish there was a kind of variable that stored item selections, so whitelists and blacklists could be re-used.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
The whole world was generated with 1.1.3. You're saying all worlds created from here on will require hqm edit?

Actually, I was wrong,that was a bug. The task was the wrong type. I added detection type items to a crafting task. I fixed it, that task is now a detection task. It will be fixed in the next beta. For now, /hqm edit is the way to get around it. I like easily fixed bugs like this.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Say I have 2 receivers next to each other, with a lever on each...
A "weak lever" would make a useful mod item! I think what SmokeLuvr1971 is saying is, put them on the ground in front of the receiver. Or, put the receiver in the floor - or on the wall one block below the levers - if you really want the levers on a wall. I've not had this problem myself but that sounds like a good solution.

ZackUnme

Jul 29, 2019
Am I in mid or early of the game???
160xa2q.png

e15lis.png

2j1vu5v.png

302szet.png

14tpo1s.png

16k1fnt.png

35cigeq.png

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Looks like "mid-game" to me, but only just. A bit more power, bigger smeltery & high oven & pressure chamber, and get the PC assembly line, and you're into proper mid-game. I'd push back the mobs to a further perimiter as well, and get a grinder hooked up to some kind of vanilla mob farm.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Id like to say Thanks!!!! to the Crash Crew Palindrome, Landstryder, FunshineX, Lord Raccoon, Nemsun & Ego who has helped me with the new cities and the new end game build. I now dub thee the Crash Build Crew :D
Thanks for the hard work, Crash Build Crew.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like "mid-game" to me, but only just. A bit more power, bigger smeltery & high oven & pressure chamber, and get the PC assembly line, and you're into proper mid-game. I'd push back the mobs to a further perimiter as well, and get a grinder hooked up to some kind of vanilla mob farm.

How does one build a vanilla mobfarm with the amount of bats spawning?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
May i have a SS of your design?
Four 8x8 platforms, with 3-wide channels in between, a 3x3 drop hole in the middle, falling down onto cobwebs, and a grinder pointing at them. I installed Dark Glass windows in the roof do I can see in, I've never noticed any bats in there.
Code:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
xwwwwwwww  wwwwwwwwx
xwwwwwwww  wwwwwwwwx
xwwwwwwww  wwwwwwwwx
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
x        www        x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x = wall
w = witch water flowing towards middle

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
after you get the grinder you don't even need a drop at all, just a 5x5 darkroom (though adding some funneling to the grinder wouldn't hurt)