[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
after you get the grinder you don't even need a drop at all, just a 5x5 darkroom (though adding some funneling to the grinder wouldn't hurt)
The drop moves the spawning area further away from the player, as mobs only spawn over a certain distance away. Also it means you can build the farm for loot, and install the grinder and cobwebs later on.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
The drop moves the spawning area further away from the player, as mobs only spawn over a certain distance away. Also it means you can build the farm for loot, and install the grinder and cobwebs later on.
except you can close of the drop after 2 blocks and then put a grinder in the wall, then it's just a floating platform with 3 pipes leading down (1 each for mob essence, loot and power)

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
My God, what did I start? I just meant the somewhat needless crafting complexity reminds me of my [very short] GT experience.

You must be careful, my friend. You never know who might be suffering from PTSD from grinding out an aqueous accumulator!

Palindrome

Jul 29, 2019
Id like to say Thanks!!!! to the Crash Crew Palindrome, Landstryder, FunshineX, Lord Raccoon, Nemsun & Ego who has helped me with the new cities and the new end game build. I now dub thee the Crash Build Crew :D

Been awesome to work on it! I'll probably start doing the you-know-what building today in the you-know-where. ;)

I'm going to record a timelapse of the build if I can - would people be interested in seeing it when the update is released?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
A few meta questions, about demensions:
Are we meant to be able to travel to other demensions? For example, The End(via ender cake), Nether, Deep Dark, etc?

I know that the recipe for Deep Dark's portal has been removed but can such portal blocks be found in citys or the netherbrick structures?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
A few meta questions, about demensions:
Are we meant to be able to travel to other demensions? For example, The End(via ender cake), Nether, Deep Dark, etc?

I know that the recipe for Deep Dark's portal has been removed but can such portal blocks be found in citys or the netherbrick structures?
No, no other dimensions. I had enough problems getting the Overworld in the correct shape, the thought of tackling any other dimensions just wears me out.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
No, no other dimensions. I had enough problems getting the Overworld in the correct shape, the thought of tackling any other dimensions just wears me out.
Then you might want to use minetweaker to remove Ex Aliqua's "Ender Cake" Recipe (When you eat it, it takes you to the end, or if you are in the end, takes you back to the overworld)

Though I think The End would be fine, so long as all but the platform and dragon is removed. Being a 'void' demension, I don't see why you'd have to worry about envo. heat and such. And it gives players a place to build all those automation-what-evers without turning their base into a sauna.

Also, its fairly expensive to make (the cake that is), considering it has a limited number of uses before disappearing, and the end would basically just be 'another place to put stuff'. Raw materials being:
8x Gold Blocks (72 gold ingots)
24 enderpearls
1x apple
6 milk
2 eggs
4 sugar
6 wheat​

Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Am I in mid or early of the game???
You're just about to go to mid game.

Things to consider.

1. Setting up a 2 sets of pulverisers for dust and gravel (4 total; three for dust and one for gravel).
    1. Dust for Redstone and Gravel for nickel, diamond and Emerald
  2. 2/3 Crucible over Pyrotheum (with hoppers on top piping leaves) into the drum for water.
  3. SFM auto sifter to process the above pulverisers.
  4. Multiple Redstone Generator+ magma crucible to power everything.
  5. Grinder + trap room + Trench around your base + ExU conveyors around whole of trench + fans= more mob essence than you are ever going to use.
  6. SFM pneumatic Craft seed farm with bonemeal support.
  7. Larger Pressure Chamber for larger processing capabilities.
  8. Animals + Breeder + Chronotyper + Grinder for food.
  9. Planter + Harvester for food
  10. Larger High Oven.
  11. Sludge Boiler for Soul sand, nether rack and clay.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Am I in mid or early of the game???
I'd say EARLY mid game.

Start thinking about long term and planning for such. Reactor Controllers (and turbine controllers) can only be found in the city, and eventually are worth the risk to go after.

Until you have a reactor consider mob farming as a power source. Other's have suggested Redstone Furnace Generators but personally I feel they are a bit too expensive mid-game for their output compared to reactant dynamo's. With there being no caves, mob spawn rates are QUITE high so even a small mob farm can produce quite a bit of power. My Current mob farm(160 blocks of spawn space) is able to run an MFR autospawner and 16 reactant dynamos from the mob essence+gun powder it produces, and I still have excess of both.

Leaves from a tree farm pumped into fluid transposers (as opposed to using crucibles) net you not only water but saplings removing the need to have a secondary tree farm.

As for sieving and metal production, I go a bit more expensive route with 6 pulverizers, and a redstone furnace.
3 pulverizers for dust: Turn cobble into gravel, gravel to sand, sand to dust
2 Pulverizers for sand: Turn cobble into gravel, gravel into sand
1 Pulverizer for gravel: Turn cobble into gravel
The redstone furnace is to make smooth stone for sieving​
Materials get pumped into SFM sievers. I don't fool with crafting or hammering broken/crushed metals nor attempt to increase the yield via the high oven. Anything metal related from the sieves get pumped directly into one of two smelteries(Divided so as to not make alloys).

Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Also Out of curiosity and due to wanting to develop a bit differently after my last foray into CL, what are your development styles after getting the smeltery up and running.

Personally my major projects are in order

1. Make more Seared Cobblestone to take it up by 4 layers.
    1. Make a crucible melting cobblestone attached via liquiduct into the smeltery.
    2. Start smelting all the dust en masse.
  2. Aim for Grinder and Reactant Dynamo.
  3. Make a dynamo and three pulverisers.
  4. Make Planter and Harvester and Sludge Boiler for Clay.
    1. Turn all the wood into charcoal
  5. Make High Oven and extend it to the max
  6. Make a larger Pressure chamber for en bulk PCB crafting
  7. Make Magma Crucible and redstone generator,
And random projects after this.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Also Out of curiosity and due to wanting to develop a bit differently after my last foray into CL, what are your development styles after getting the smeltery up and running..

It depends on my 'condition' at the time. After getting passed the "iminate death" phase of starting out, my first goals are:
1: Sustained food & water: Tree farm for water, Pam's plants used to make sandwiches.
2: Metal creation and smelting en masse
3: Sustained power. I generally have a huge power thirst coming out of early-game, so Reactant dynomos + mob farm is a must
4: Auto Camel Pack swapping.

After getting settled, I work on getting Res. jetpack, glider, and making my way to a city with reactor buildings.

Then (where Im at in my current world), its creating an ME storage system, and moving items into it from all those JABBA barrels :p

Reactions: Evillevi

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on my 'condition' at the time. After getting passed the "iminate death" phase of starting out, my first goals are:
1: Sustained food & water: Tree farm for water, Pam's plants used to make sandwiches.
2: Metal creation and smelting en masse
3: Sustained power. I generally have a huge power thirst coming out of early-game, so Reactant dynomos + mob farm is a must
4: Auto Camel Pack swapping.

After getting settled, I work on getting Res. jetpack, glider, and making my way to a city with reactor buildings.

Then (where Im at in my current world), its creating an ME storage system, and moving items into it from all those JABBA barrels :p
Personally before I died from a Breach in my walls, I was working on a fully automatic, Camel Pack Refiller, Septuple Compressed Cobblestone (8~ hours from start to finish to get enough for a Wither Trap), Skeleton Wither Head Farm, and underground basement.

To put it in perspective of my priorities I havent' fully automised my farm yet.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wonder if anyone doesn't see the update? I Thought I read that it was up/live, maybe its a timezone thing.lol

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Maybe someone can help me. I'm playing around with SFM and tesseracts, Am I doing something wrong, or is SFM unable to pull items out of a tesseract. That is, I can output to the tesseract, but have to use a buffer chest to pull items out of it
I didn't realize till my last playthrough that block gates not just place items but can be an inventory, thus, you might want to try that as well, but be sure to be pulling from that gate constantly. it won't act as a chest, but as a receiver if you understand. There has to be code running that puts item from gate to somewhere otherwise it'll throw it back out into the world.

btw, unpacking after moving sucks so hard it's like baby sitting some of those baby skels on pixie sticks. a dozen of them. while in two leg casts. :( 20+ pages to catch up on.