[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You don't realize how turned down this pack is in comparison to some others. When I got my machine running after moving, I decided to load up a pack I haven't tried yet and am playing with the mad pack on atlauncher (1.6.4 version). jeez. everything's turned up to 11. I was a volleyball and the spiders/zombies were throwing me around to each other. Add into that the evilness that is BNB. yeah, we got it easy on this dry dusty planet.

As an example, I had a 3 line long name attached to some zombie turd. I swear he had every special mobs adjective available. teleported, 1UP, lightning. had like 800 HP's. he was impossible to kill even with a hugely insanely powerful rapier. He was walking around my base on my consecrated earth laughing at me. while dealing with him, I had a kitty comet come down raining cats and destroying my farm.

So yeah. Iskandar's got a lot more evil to aspire to. DO NOT GIVE HIM IDEAS PEOPLE! :)

ZackUnme

Jul 29, 2019
6. Redstone generator followed by Wither Star Generator + Resonant energy cell. With one Pulveriser Chain pumping dust to a siever (Per Generator), you get a net possitve in Redstone production
Yeh well number 6 will not be anywhere near me as I trying to configure how to auto gravel with SFM

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
As an example, I had a 3 line long name attached to some zombie turd. I swear he had every special mobs adjective available. teleported, 1UP, lightning. had like 800 HP's. he was impossible to kill even with a hugely insanely powerful rapier. He was walking around my base on my consecrated earth laughing at me. while dealing with him, I had a kitty comet come down raining cats and destroying my farm.

2x2x3-10 with trapdoors on top, lava or some such at the bottom. Add tripwires if you're feeling frisky. Always my backup OP solution when the game gives me a mob that rolled a 20 on a D-12.

ipodah

Jul 29, 2019
When I play anything else than Crash Landing, I constantly stay away from heat sources and look at the bottom of my screen to check my hydration. Thank you Iskandar for making me totally paranoid! ;)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
You don't realize how turned down this pack is in comparison to some others. When I got my machine running after moving, I decided to load up a pack I haven't tried yet and am playing with the mad pack on atlauncher (1.6.4 version). jeez. everything's turned up to 11. I was a volleyball and the spiders/zombies were throwing me around to each other. Add into that the evilness that is BNB. yeah, we got it easy on this dry dusty planet.

So yeah. Iskandar's got a lot more evil to aspire to. DO NOT GIVE HIM IDEAS PEOPLE! :)

I try to be hard, but fair. In general, if you die it is because you screwed up or did something rash. Like the subways. You never have to go down there unless you want. It is your choice, none of my quests will ever require it. It is simply there for a challenge.

That is also why, while the mobs may be hard, they are all killable if you gear up first. It is why a lot of the tougher Special Mobs got removed. It is also why Infernal Mobs was never installed. The stuff it can do to mobs was and is a bit unfair.[DOUBLEPOST=1413034130][/DOUBLEPOST]
When I play anything else than Crash Landing, I constantly stay away from heat sources and look at the bottom of my screen to check my hydration. Thank you Iskandar for making me totally paranoid! ;)
You're welcome. I aim to please.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
I try to be hard, but fair. In general, if you die it is because you screwed up or did something rash. Like the subways. You never have to go down there unless you want. It is your choice, none of my quests will ever require it. It is simply there for a challenge.

That is also why, while the mobs may be hard, they are all killable if you gear up first. It is why a lot of the tougher Special Mobs got removed. It is also why Infernal Mobs was never installed. The stuff it can do to mobs was and is a bit unfair.[DOUBLEPOST=1413034130][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're welcome. I aim to please.

Tough spiders are real hard at the start of them game l0l

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I just setup a new world with the latest beta and I am noticing a noticable drop in mob spawns. Could it be new city 200 clicks north? Could it be close enough to eating some of the spawns? Its so bad I didnt find rotten flesh the first TWO nights! Also the new city is full of pigman and blaze spawners. Doesn't seem much nicer to me lol. But on a side not I love enderIO being added in.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I just setup a new world with the latest beta and I am noticing a noticable drop in mob spawns. Could it be new city 200 clicks north? Could it be close enough to eating some of the spawns? Its so bad I didnt find rotten flesh the first TWO nights! Also the new city is full of pigman and blaze spawners. Doesn't seem much nicer to me lol. But on a side not I love enderIO being added in.
if its 200 blocks away, then no, it shouldn't be effecting spawn rates.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013

Believe it or not, there is actually less spawners in that city than normal. A full third of spawners in normal cities are pigzombies/blazes. About 1/4 of all spawners were removed from the starter city and 80% to 90% of all pigzombie spawners were either removed or downgraded to zombie spawners. I think I left 1 blaze spawner, maybe 2.

However, since you can no longer window shop for loot you are now having to go into buildings and explore...and that runs you into more spawners than you faced before.

If it ends up being too much I'll balance it out. That is why it is in beta, after all.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, I'm just using reactant dynamos for power. Lots of power. But, I went to the trouble to get a bucket of witch water, convert a skeleton, auto spawner and autonomous activator with a sword farming for wither skulls, then killed a wither for a division sigil.. and set up my mob farm with cursed earth. I also built magnum torches and put them around my base. Since cursed earth spawning isn't prevented by magnum torches, the ONLY mobs that spawn near my base are in my mob farm. Now if I could just get my setup protected against ghost spiders...[DOUBLEPOST=1413039391][/DOUBLEPOST]Also.. I'm clearing out a large, large area for my base in dust, going down about twenty blocks.. any tips for quicker removal of the dust than tnt (unpredictable) or the time consumption of an excavator?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, I'm just using reactant dynamos for power. Lots of power. But, I went to the trouble to get a bucket of witch water, convert a skeleton, auto spawner and autonomous activator with a sword farming for wither skulls, then killed a wither for a division sigil.. and set up my mob farm with cursed earth. I also built magnum torches and put them around my base. Since cursed earth spawning isn't prevented by magnum torches, the ONLY mobs that spawn near my base are in my mob farm. Now if I could just get my setup protected against ghost spiders...[DOUBLEPOST=1413039391][/DOUBLEPOST]Also.. I'm clearing out a large, large area for my base in dust, going down about twenty blocks.. any tips for quicker removal of the dust than tnt (unpredictable) or the time consumption of an excavator?
Believe it or not, the excavator. If you have the materials, make it with alumite(aluminum, iron and obsidian mixed via smeltery) or better. Level it, adding haste as any open modifier.

Go down your twenty blocks, then mine across. If it has enough haste on it, while the closest wall of dust falls from being mined away, you should be able to 'reach through' the falling blocks to get a 2nd wall mined, and possibly a 3rd. Cleared out a 43x43 area from surface to bedrock in about two hours using the above

Though, if cost is of no concern there's the ender querry.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Also.. I'm clearing out a large, large area for my base in dust, going down about twenty blocks.. any tips for quicker removal of the dust than tnt (unpredictable) or the time consumption of an excavator?
If you manage to fully level an excavator more than likely you can make it unbreaking(reinforced 10 = tool can't break ever) and it'll have 15-25 speed. That'd make quick work of such a small amount of dust.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
I went 20 blocks down.. but I wasn't clear about the dimensions in length and width. My complex is roughly 128x128. Ender quarry is one option, but I'm just working on a huge project and wanted to cut down the tedium of having to dig up either dirt or dust by hand. Thanks though! (for the curious, I went through the trouble of making a manyullyn excavator and fully leveled it, and put moss on it. Though I didn't know that about reinforced.. so I may have to level another one.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Im giving a sludge boiler plenty of sludge (from harvester), and power... yet it's work stays at 0, am I missing something?

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I went 20 blocks down.. but I wasn't clear about the dimensions in length and width. My complex is roughly 128x128. Ender quarry is one option, but I'm just working on a huge project and wanted to cut down the tedium of having to dig up either dirt or dust by hand. Thanks though! (for the curious, I went through the trouble of making a manyullyn excavator and fully leveled it, and put moss on it. Though I didn't know that about reinforced.. so I may have to level another one.
In truth you might want to consider putting RF capacitor as your upgrade since Reinforce 10 will take up modifier slots that you can use for giving haste