[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Not really the point of my question. Was asking if there was a way, other than just getting lucky with leveling, to force the upgrades I want
The only way to 'force upgrades' is the turn off random modifier awards. Then you can skill-up your tool/weapon and install the modifiers you want without interference from IgwanaTweaks. It's this or gamble with RNG

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
So I've started my march to Aquarious Accumulaters... thanks SFM!
After several days of grinding materials, I'm officially one 64k storage unit down. I'm also now down to only one stack of redstone and it off dust completely, so it's back to done dust farming fir a bit.

I *think* I might only need one more batch of PCBs and two more stacks of fluxed electrum, then I might possibly be able to put the second one together. This is seriously the most ridiculous thing I've ever built in Minecraft.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
if you're having trouble with HO ducts not being able to be set to a specific input/output [duct GUI unresponsive], breaking/replacing the HO controller 'should' fix the issue.
And now you don't have to bang your head against the keyboard for an unspecified amount of time.:mad:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
This has been mentioned [sorta] before and reported on the modpack site as a bug, but I found a new variation that may effect some.

I let my pressure chamber output to a barrel for empty PCBs. Then I manually move the barrel over to the assembly line for input. The line also has access to a chest for output. Done this once before without issue. Only change this time is I locked the barrel. Once I moved the locked barrel over...world-corrupting CtD.

This PC bug has been mentioned before but linked to input item numbers causing the CtD with possible corruption.

Edit: Removing/replacing controller did not solve this issue. CtD as soon as controller reached working pressure. What finally stopped the CtD was unlocking the barrel and removing a PCB from barrel.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there anybody has an idea for a moderate source of energy.....
Build a mob farm, and burn Mob Essence and Gunpowder in a Reactant Dynamo or three. Then when you can make two Mk3 cards, add a couple of Potion Generators and automate the brewing of Splash Potions of Speed (Netherwart, Sugar, Gunpowder). I also have three Solar Generators, with a redstone signal alternating 60 seconds on and off during the day and on at night. All automated with Steve's Factory Manager, but the generators are all a bit more expensive than the reactant dynamos.
Redstone generator?
Redstone is the resource that I'm most hurting for. I don't recommend burning it for fuel!

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Build a mob farm, and burn Mob Essence and Gunpowder in a Reactant Dynamo or three. Then when you can make two Mk3 cards, add a couple of Potion Generators and automate the brewing of Splash Potions of Speed (Netherwart, Sugar, Gunpowder). I also have three Solar Generators, with a redstone signal alternating 60 seconds on and off during the day and on at night. All automated with Steve's Factory Manager, but the generators are all a bit more expensive than the reactant dynamos.

Redstone is the resource that I'm most hurting for. I don't recommend burning it for fuel!
I have like 1 and a half stacks of Redstone so far with nothing but 3 pulveriser chain constantly makine dust, SFM for sifting and I'm in the black with excess redstone

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
I have like 1 and a half stacks of Redstone so far with nothing but 3 pulveriser chain constantly makine dust, SFM for sifting and I'm in the black with excess redstone

I find it kinda cheaty just sifting for everything

Once mid game i get all my ores and stuff from laser drills which actually require yellorium to work instead of magicking ores out of the air l0l

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I just completely rebuilt and upgraded my SFM supersifter. I've now got 7 Autonomous Activators and 3 Sieves. Steve's Factory Manager automatically replaces the broken stone hammers in the activators by turning logs into planks and planks into sticks and sticks and cobble into hammers. The crafting keeps 32 planks and 32 sticks on hand, I just need to feed logs in manually every now and then.

If I have less than 90 gravel, an AA breaks cobble.
If I have more than 70 gravel, it sifts one piece using a Block Gate.
If I have less than 90 sand, an AA breaks cobble into gravel and another AA above it breaks gravel into sand.
If I have more than 70 sand, it sifts one piece using a Block Gate.
If I have less than 90 dust, an AA breaks cobble into gravel, another AA above it breaks gravel into sand, and another AA above it breaks sand into dust.
If I have more than 70 dust, it sifts one piece using a Block Gate.
All the above conditions also check a redstone receiver wth a lever that turns it all on and off.
Everything that drops - the blocks from hammering, the loot from sifting, and the extra items that drop from the Block gate while sifting - are picked up by a couple of Rapid Item Valves on a fast redstone clock. Dust, gravel, sand are routed into the chest that they are taken from for sifting and breaking. Anything that I don't want to combine 3x3 or 9x9 goes into one chest that gets pumped into barrels - fish, eggs, glowstone, blaze powder, yellorium, etc., other things go into another chest next to an AutoPackager.

The extra Autonomous Activator breaks ore gravels and sands from the packager output into sands and dusts, which then get pumped into barrels. I just had to upgrade my copper dust barrel because it's got 64 stacks in it.

Oh, and I have another AA pointing at a Witch Water barrel, and I chuck in a stack of sand if I ever want to sift some Soul Sand. That's why I have a ">70" condition, so I always have a stack of sand that I can pinch for this or for making glass.

The main reason I upgraded it was that most of my sifting was being done with gravel because that was easy - cobblegen, single AA smasher, single sifter - and so I was not getting enough redstone. In order to get it to sift dust I had to either go out and gather a ton of dust myself, or fiddle with the controls to make it smash the gravel into sand and the sand into dust. So I set up the above, with dedicated production lines to sift gravel, sand, and dust in equal quantities.
2014-10-09_18.59.28.jpg

(Yes. I'm powering an Autopackager with a tesseract.)
I find it kinda cheaty just sifting for everything
Once mid game i get all my ores and stuff from laser drills which actually require yellorium to work instead of magicking ores out of the air l0l
And you get Yellorium from...?

Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I just died from getting hit with a cleaver to the face.

Me a sad pikachu so Pika would go play normal minecraft for a bit

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
I just completely rebuilt and upgraded my SFM supersifter. I've now got 7 Autonomous Activators and 3 Sieves. Steve's Factory Manager automatically replaces the broken stone hammers in the activators by turning logs into planks and planks into sticks and sticks and cobble into hammers. The crafting keeps 32 planks and 32 sticks on hand, I just need to feed logs in manually every now and then.

If I have less than 90 gravel, an AA breaks cobble.
If I have more than 70 gravel, it sifts one piece using a Block Gate.
If I have less than 90 sand, an AA breaks cobble into gravel and another AA above it breaks gravel into sand.
If I have more than 70 sand, it sifts one piece using a Block Gate.
If I have less than 90 dust, an AA breaks cobble into gravel, another AA above it breaks gravel into sand, and another AA above it breaks sand into dust.
If I have more than 70 dust, it sifts one piece using a Block Gate.
All the above conditions also check a redstone receiver wth a lever that turns it all on and off.
Everything that drops - the blocks from hammering, the loot from sifting, and the extra items that drop from the Block gate while sifting - are picked up by a couple of Rapid Item Valves on a fast redstone clock. Dust, gravel, sand are routed into the chest that they are taken from for sifting and breaking. Anything that I don't want to combine 3x3 or 9x9 goes into one chest that gets pumped into barrels - fish, eggs, glowstone, blaze powder, yellorium, etc., other things go into another chest next to an AutoPackager.

The extra Autonomous Activator breaks ore gravels and sands from the packager output into sands and dusts, which then get pumped into barrels. I just had to upgrade my copper dust barrel because it's got 64 stacks in it.

Oh, and I have another AA pointing at a Witch Water barrel, and I chuck in a stack of sand if I ever want to sift some Soul Sand. That's why I have a ">70" condition, so I always have a stack of sand that I can pinch for this or for making glass.

The main reason I upgraded it was that most of my sifting was being done with gravel because that was easy - cobblegen, single AA smasher, single sifter - and so I was not getting enough redstone. In order to get it to sift dust I had to either go out and gather a ton of dust myself, or fiddle with the controls to make it smash the gravel into sand and the sand into dust. So I set up the above, with dedicated production lines to sift gravel, sand, and dust in equal quantities.

And you get Yellorium from...?

From early game sifting into midgame laser :)

You still use a resource to get more stuff

Instead of poofing things from the air :)

Just my opinion tho

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
1.5 stacks? If you mean "stacks of redstone dust", that won't last long - if you mean stacks of redstone blocks, well, that's different, I have one stack of blocks which I consider to be a comfortable strategic reserve. 96 redstone though is, what, 15 PCBs? 3 or 4 Mk3 circuits? 45 Redstone Energy Conduits? If 1.5 stacks of redstone is a lot to you, then you're clearly still at very, very early game. Don't waste any of that on fuel, trust me, you'll need it.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
1.5 stacks? If you mean "stacks of redstone dust", that won't last long - if you mean stacks of redstone blocks, well, that's different, I have one stack of blocks which I consider to be a comfortable strategic reserve. 96 redstone though is, what, 15 PCBs? 3 or 4 Mk3 circuits? 45 Redstone Energy Conduits? If 1.5 stacks of redstone is a lot to you, then you're clearly still at very, very early game. Don't waste any of that on fuel, trust me, you'll need it.
blocks.

And almost the equivalent amount in Lapis

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
blocks.
And almost the equivalent amount in Lapis
OK ignore everything I said. You have plenty of redstone. Nonetheless, I don't like using it for fuel when there are more plentiful resources available (netherwart, sugar, gunpowder, mob essence, sunlight) - and a steady supply of mob essence will be useful for other things such as enchanting and disenchanting, spawning to complete the pink slime quest, etc.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
OK ignore everything I said. You have plenty of redstone. Nonetheless, I don't like using it for fuel when there are more plentiful resources available (netherwart, sugar, gunpowder, mob essence, sunlight) - and a steady supply of mob essence will be useful for other things such as enchanting and disenchanting, spawning to complete the pink slime quest, etc.
Before I died, I abused teh enhanced spawn rate at dusk thing to get something like 30 buckets of Mob essence a night. I was running three dynamos (mob essence and Gunpowder) and a redstone generator that was perpetually on. I was like 3 MC day away from my nehter Star Generator and Resonant energy cell.

ZackUnme

Jul 29, 2019
Wow...Much suggestion...Very many...Wow
btw THANKS GUYS!!!

Edit:I always get T.Construct book in the start of the game...
2014_10_09_20_24_10.jpg

Last edited: