[1.10.2] Sprout

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo... even though I only have four citizens (I've built no housing yet) for some reason I keep getting clones of them. The same four people over and over. It's kinda erie.

Also... when I gain a level I don't get any skill points to use on different skills anymore. I'm thinking maybe if I mine something other than coal something good might happen? I dunno. I googled both issues but came up empty.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Inaeo, thank you for your response on my second question, it was very helpful. But do you know anything about my first question? I'd like to move the difficulty bar so that it doesn't obscure my hunger bar. I don't know which mod it belongs to so I don't even know where to begin looking for answers.

I was just informed of the /amuicfg command. It may not be able to move everything on the HUD you needed it to, but it lets you configure at least some of it. Figured I'd share the tip before I forget.

Edit:. This command configures only Ars Magica stuff, so likely not what you needed, but it may help you (or someone else) down the road.

Reactions: Shiphty
R

rion828

Also... when I gain a level I don't get any skill points to use on different skills anymore. I'm thinking maybe if I mine something other than coal something good might happen? I dunno. I googled both issues but came up empty.
Im having the same problem, and ive leveled a lot since i stopped getting points

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Im having the same problem, and ive leveled a lot since i stopped getting points

I think that it has to do with dying. If you die you may have to gain all the xp you had already gained before you'll start gaining xp toward new skills. Kinda rough but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. I was getting skill points every level for a long time but then I just died and now when I level I don't get skill points.

Edit: After gaining many levels I've started to earn skill points every level once more. I didn't keep track of how many levels I had the first time (you'd think that number would be on your HUD somewhere) so I didn't bother keeping track of how many I had to earn to get back to where I was.

I guess I'll just play it safe until I max out all my skills. I wonder how enchanting works... how do you know when you've earned 30 levels so you can enchant something?

Last edited:

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else notice that you can't hardly throw a stone without hitting three dragons?

I'm not complaining... the added danger inspired me to go back to building subterranean dwarven complexes rather than houses, castles, or towers. You're only exposed when you're first starting. Everything else is under cover except when you go out to forage.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I think that it has to do with dying. If you die you may have to gain all the xp you had already gained before you'll start gaining xp toward new skills. Kinda rough but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. I was getting skill points every level for a long time but then I just died and now when I level I don't get skill points.

Edit: After gaining many levels I've started to earn skill points every level once more. I didn't keep track of how many levels I had the first time (you'd think that number would be on your HUD somewhere) so I didn't bother keeping track of how many I had to earn to get back to where I was.

I guess I'll just play it safe until I max out all my skills. I wonder how enchanting works... how do you know when you've earned 30 levels so you can enchant something?

There are several ways to store your XP which can help protect you from the massive loss from dying. Options exist within EnderIO, Reliquary, and Ars Magica just off the top of my head (probably more). Having exact levels on you when enchanting also helps it to go further, so it's not a bad idea even for the stout and battle hardened.

Anyone else notice that you can't hardly throw a stone without hitting three dragons?

I'm not complaining... the added danger inspired me to go back to building subterranean dwarven complexes rather than houses, castles, or towers. You're only exposed when you're first starting. Everything else is under cover except when you go out to forage.

Although it seems annoying to see dragons all over the place when starting out, it becomes a welcome source of income and reputation (Slayer's Guild) as you become stronger. Their hides make for decent armor once things unlock, so it becomes another boon. I'm not a fan of them destroying my world, but even the NPCs I've seen regarding them count them as a nuisance to be destroyed, so your thoughts aren't alone in the grand scheme of the world.

N

Nibbler230

I set up a server yesterday for me and my brother, I was able to join and interact just fine. But my brother told me when he joined and started traveling around, the villages spawned had floating command blocks and little to no villagers. Especially they were lacking what seemed to be the NPCs that give quests. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
There are several ways to store your XP which can help protect you from the massive loss from dying. Options exist within EnderIO, Reliquary, and Ars Magica just off the top of my head (probably more). Having exact levels on you when enchanting also helps it to go further, so it's not a bad idea even for the stout and battle hardened.

But the question is, if I store that xp, do I still keep gaining skill points as I level? I'm not concerned about the loss of xp for enchanting purposes, I'm trying to max out my skills.

Edit: For example; I'm not even sure it's safe to enchant an item because that might count as a level loss and I might have to gain those levels again before I begin gaining skill points once more.

2nd Edit: Again, not complaining, just talking about aspects of the mod pack. I don't mind playing it safe. I will say, however, that the way this particular mod works is a bit rough. Either the mod maker didn't intend for people to max out their skills or his mod was designed to be a bit on the grindy side.

N

Nibbler230

I set up a server yesterday for me and my brother, I was able to join and interact just fine. But my brother told me when he joined and started traveling around, the villages spawned had floating command blocks and little to no villagers. Especially they were lacking what seemed to be the NPCs that give quests. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I figured it out, so for anyone else that has this issue, you have to go into the server properties file, there is a line called Enable-command-block, change this to True.

Reactions: Inaeo

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone stumble upon a HUGE ball of frozen stone filled with precious metals and gems buried deep underground? I wonder what's at the core of this thing...

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone stumble upon a HUGE ball of frozen stone filled with precious metals and gems buried deep underground? I wonder what's at the core of this thing...

I know what that is, but I'll not ruin the surprise.

You'd be wise to gear up a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shiphty and Pyure

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone play long enough to get the difficulty meter maxed out? Mine's in the red. All hostile mobs are really tough. And the poor villagers...

I keep coming across villages with little to no people in them. I know there was people in them before but now they're gone, especially if they live near the desert (those ant creatures are really militant.)

Anyone know if you can transplant villagers? I used some golden lassos to grab a few people but I'm not sure they'll adopt the new place I make them as their home.

Edit: Vanilla mechanics allow for transplanting villagers so long as you build structures which they recognize as houses. Minecraft Comes Alive is supposed to hold onto this mechanic... sooo... hopefully I'll soon have a thriving community of people in my home under the mountain.

Last edited:

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is a silly question but is this pack still being worked on? I have a suggestion.

The old super nintendo had a game called Breath of Fire II and in the game you founded a town and as you traveled you gathered more and more people to live in your town. Each arrival had different skills or were vendors of different goods. I'd like to see that in this pack. Instead of traveling back to the monastery every time I want to talk to the monk, imagine if one of the monks was like "hey, I'm tired of this place, you don't happen to have a town that needs a monk do you?" Yeah, that'd be neat.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is a silly question but is this pack still being worked on? I have a suggestion.

The old super nintendo had a game called Breath of Fire II and in the game you founded a town and as you traveled you gathered more and more people to live in your town. Each arrival had different skills or were vendors of different goods. I'd like to see that in this pack. Instead of traveling back to the monastery every time I want to talk to the monk, imagine if one of the monks was like "hey, I'm tired of this place, you don't happen to have a town that needs a monk do you?" Yeah, that'd be neat.

I haven't tried it yet, but I intend to move some people around with a Golden Lasso. CustomNPCs mobs may be blacklisted for server balance issues, but I'll resort to moving them by minecart (or RailCraft train) if I have to. I'm not at the point where I'm ready to do it yet, but it's something I've been preparing myself to do.

Logan Kanters

Jul 29, 2019
Tunnel Bores from Railcraft dont place in my survival world. I place one on a track and it instantly pops back into an item. I tried this is a creative world but it actually stayed on the track.

I have no idea what to do.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Tunnel Bores from Railcraft dont place in my survival world. I place one on a track and it instantly pops back into an item. I tried this is a creative world but it actually stayed on the track.

I have no idea what to do.
Try ejecting it from a dispenser? It works with minecarts, but I've never tried it with RailCraft stuff. Not sure of any other work around.

Just curious, are you playing with Scavenger Mode on or off? I haven't used any RailCraft yet in my world (Scavenger Mode on), so I'm scouting possible problems down the line.

Logan Kanters

Jul 29, 2019
Try ejecting it from a dispenser? It works with minecarts, but I've never tried it with RailCraft stuff. Not sure of any other work around.

Just curious, are you playing with Scavenger Mode on or off? I haven't used any RailCraft yet in my world (Scavenger Mode on), so I'm scouting possible problems down the line.
I have tried with a dispenser and no luck. I am playing with Scavenger mode off. I am currently reinstalling the pack and will be placing a copy of my main world in to the new profile.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried with a dispenser and no luck. I am playing with Scavenger mode off. I am currently reinstalling the pack and will be placing a copy of my main world in to the new profile.
I know some of the RailCraft stuff isn't fully implemented in the 1.10 version. Maybe this is in that category? @KingTriaxx would know - he's my local authority on RailCraft goings on.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
iirc you needed lots of space around it for the initial placement. Have you tried that?