[1.10.2] Sprout

Discussion in 'thephoenixlodge' started by thephoenixlodge, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Flabort

Flabort New Member

Myself, and I think Samm_Rapp and BigAl might stream from the server - they do play on it.
    I'm helping narrow down the cause of the dupe bug - it's not quite what I thought it was, but it's very much similar, and much much more exploitable.
    Of course, duplicating the profile and then removing mods one or two at a time is such a slog, but it's necessary for this sort of thing. Something is messing with Iron Backpacks and making redstone (and maybe other ores) too easily obtainable.

2. AverageGamer

AverageGamer Guest

How can I get access to the sprout mod pack?

3. Riddle78

Riddle78 Well-Known Member

By my understanding,Sprout isn't available for public consumption,yet,due to being in a closed testing phase.

4. Flabort

Flabort New Member

What Riddle says is correct.
    There is a somewhat limited group with access to the alpha right now, that being those subscribed to ThePheonixLodge or ItsLewdicolo on twitch.tv; possibly ThePheonixLodge has made it available in other locations as well, but those are the ones I know of.
    It's being kept to this small, traceable group so that Pheonix has an easier time distributing the newer versions and keeping track of who had what issues, iirc.

5. I can't wait it looks so good! just watched SystemCollapse play the early alpha and I can't wait to play it!

6. DarthJimBob

DarthJimBob Guest

Really looking forward to this pack @thephoenixlodge ! It looks great. One mod that might fit the aesthetic btw is Mine Colonies - between that, Custom NPC's & Minecraft Comes Alive it'd have a ton of NPC related content.

7. Flabort

Flabort New Member

IIRC, it actually already has Mine Colonies

8. DarthJimBob

DarthJimBob Guest

Huh well then good!

9. GrimJahk

GrimJahk New Member

Has anyone heard of a plan around the Beta? ETA? Open vs closed?

I'd love to be one of the Beta testers.

10. thephoenixlodge

thephoenixlodge New Member

Current Status: To be released on my birthday.

11. GrimJahk

GrimJahk New Member

Beta release? Hot Damn!

12. Inaeo

Inaeo New Member

Without trying to pry into your personal life, that only tells me I have less than a year to wait. Very happy to hear it's getting closer. The more I dig for info, the more I want to play with it.

13. GrimJahk

GrimJahk New Member

A quick search on the Interwebz leads me to believe that you will have a relatively short wait... (maybe even need to free up your calendar this weekend)

Hoping I'm not wrong and have good intel... :);):cool:

14. Flabort

Flabort New Member

Current status: Released!

15. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

Inaeo likes this.
  16. GrimJahk

GrimJahk New Member

Is there an expected starting "World Type"?

17. Nezraddin

Nezraddin New Member

Pack sounds very intriguing, even though I'm not too much the exploration-player, heh.

One question about the scavanger-mode (which I would probably more test out when playing):
    - Is this mode very RNG-luck based? (so finding the one chest that contains the one item you need to move on and such)

(So if you don't sacrifice stuff to the RNG-gods it's better to stay in normal mode? ^^")

18. Flabort

Flabort New Member

ATG - Alternate Terrain Gen is the "purer" world type, the one that Phoenix recommends. However, if your computer can't handle ATG then Normal is acceptable.

GamerwithnoGame likes this.
  19. GrimJahk

GrimJahk New Member

Awesome! Thanks!

20. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

ATG is also really nice - it looks lovely :)