[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
If you forget to drop the bronze casing for age #4 and go on to make the machine chassis for age #5 and drop that you don't get the trophy, if you then drop the bronze casing you DO get that trophy but can't get the age 5 trophy for the machine chassis, is there a fix for this somehow? I do NOT want to start all over, am beging to hate this pack

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
For those of you who set up a Void Ore Miner from Environmental Tech, what lens do you use when you're not actively trying to get something specific? I'm spending a lot of time in Age 6, because of all the new stuff that is introduced around then, and now that I've got "enough" diamonds, I just have it on White Lens because I keep running out Iron.
I believe there is a clear lens? As far as I know, that keeps all weightings for ores at their default % for the miner.

Reactions: zBob

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
If you forget to drop the bronze casing for age #4 and go on to make the machine chassis for age #5 and drop that you don't get the trophy, if you then drop the bronze casing you DO get that trophy but can't get the age 5 trophy for the machine chassis, is there a fix for this somehow? I do NOT want to start all over, am beging to hate this pack

Getting ready to head home so here is my quick search answer for this with an example from a different age.

Not sure if you have to open to LAN and enable cheats or if you can just run the command
/achievement take achievement.uuid yourname

so for the ender io age I believe it would look like this:
/achievement take achievement.detectMachineChassis Unata

Once you have all the achievements correct I believe you can use the crafting recipes to get yourself the missing trophies. If not I am guessing you can remove the achievements somehow for the higher level ages then add them back in order and get the trophy before getting the next achievement. Once you have it all in order just trashcan any extras and get back to your normal gameplay.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I believe there is a clear lens? As far as I know, that keeps all weightings for ores at their default % for the miner.

Yep, I know about the Clear Lens. I was asking what other people were using. Mostly because I'm curious what people are using, but partly because I'd like to know if I'm going to be waiting on some kind of ore in future ages.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I've been dabbling in bees for a while now. (I find that if I do bees no more than once a year, it's not annoying.)

Anyway, I bred a Sinister Princess that requires sunlight. The problem is that Sinister also requires Nether. Is there anything I can do about breeding this bee before I get the Alveary up with its temperature controls?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I've been dabbling in bees for a while now. (I find that if I do bees no more than once a year, it's not annoying.)

Anyway, I bred a Sinister Princess that requires sunlight. The problem is that Sinister also requires Nether. Is there anything I can do about breeding this bee before I get the Alveary up with its temperature controls?

If it got Temperature Tolerance -2 you should be able to multiply/stabilize it in a desert with a block of soulsand? nearby. I forget what the "nether" flower requirement needs exactly.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yep, I know about the Clear Lens. I was asking what other people were using. Mostly because I'm curious what people are using, but partly because I'd like to know if I'm going to be waiting on some kind of ore in future ages.
Oh I see! Sorry - I thought you mean what lens was needed if you wanted to have the standard ore gen, rather than what lenses people chuck on when its running in the background. That's a good question actually, like is there a particular lens where more of the ores it boosts are useful than any other lens, that sort of thing?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Unfortunately sometimes its possible to breed yourself into a bit of a corner, and have to toss away your work. If you cannot breed in tolerance as suggested above, you may have to toss your work in the garbage (unless we have Gendustry in the pack, I totally forget)

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I see! Sorry - I thought you mean what lens was needed if you wanted to have the standard ore gen, rather than what lenses people chuck on when its running in the background. That's a good question actually, like is there a particular lens where more of the ores it boosts are useful than any other lens, that sort of thing?

Exactly. In addition, since I am "only" in Age 6, I don't yet have a use for Sheldonite, Sodalite, Lonsdaleite, etc. It'd be nice to know if I'm going to need stacks of any of those before I really need them.

Jnelso99

Feb 24, 2013
Anybody else have an issue where, when you start up the world, all of the Immersive Engineering wires disappear?

I also somehow had my claimed/loaded chunks unclaimed/unloaded. That's not a big deal, just not looking forward to rewiring my base.

Edit: Actually Additions laser relays also got reset and needed to be reconnected.

Edit: Couldn't just reconnect new wires to IE connectors - had to break and replace. Relays are ok.

Edit: Ender IO and IC2 conduits/wires appear unaffected.

Last edited:

Vaolin

Jul 29, 2019
my bad, I should add how to enable mouse wheel moving items in Age of Engineering pack, item scroll would work too or is a chance that it will mess up?

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
my bad, I should add how to enable mouse wheel moving items in Age of Engineering pack, item scroll would work too or is a chance that it will mess up?

You will have to add in a mod to handle that on your own, with the twitch client you will have to unlock the pack and then you can search and add with just a few clicks, otherwise you will need to download one of these and manually place it in your mods folder.

I suggest reading up on these two and choosing the one that will work the best for you.

Mouse Tweaks
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/mouse-tweaks?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=60089

Item Scroller
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/item-scroller?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=242064

There could be other options but those are the only ones I am aware of.

snapcube

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a massive explosion of maybe 20 to 30 blocks radius, and I have no idea where this was originated from. It happend a few seconds after changing some ic2 wiring, but my nuclear reactors didn't take any damage at all.
The origin seemed to be in the region of my mass fabricator, but it could also have been the "player". What can cause such a huge explosion except nukes and nuclear reactors? This was in a single player world btw.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a massive explosion of maybe 20 to 30 blocks radius, and I have no idea where this was originated from. It happend a few seconds after changing some ic2 wiring, but my nuclear reactors didn't take any damage at all.
The origin seemed to be in the region of my mass fabricator, but it could also have been the "player". What can cause such a huge explosion except nukes and nuclear reactors? This was in a single player world btw.

Mass Fabs explosions are quite impressive, they used to be coded at half the size of a nuke but I'm not sure that is the exact setting today. Anyhow they are a tier 3 machine so if you sent them more than 512 eu/tick in a single packet that would ruin a good portion of your base. Depending on your feelings towards backups, hopefully you make them regualarly or at least made a manual one before rewiring your IC2 infrastructure.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add a note to the Guide under Age 7 to explain how to make IC2 Reinforced Stone, for those people who have never played with old school IC2? Since there is no recipe, and there is another blocked called "Reinforced Stone" from SonarCore, I think it would help.

snapcube

Jul 29, 2019
Mass Fabs explosions are quite impressive, they used to be coded at half the size of a nuke but I'm not sure that is the exact setting today. Anyhow they are a tier 3 machine so if you sent them more than 512 eu/tick in a single packet that would ruin a good portion of your base. Depending on your feelings towards backups, hopefully you make them regualarly or at least made a manual one before rewiring your IC2 infrastructure.
Thanks, that sounds like a very good explanation, except I have no Idea about the higher voltage's source. And no worrys, I changed the config to backups every 30 minutes, and there are also daily backups on a remote storage.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
error: No path for child mod. (Keep retrying, looks like curse/twitch is having network issues... lovely, eh?)

Other then that, I look forward to the new pack with the tiny little evil thing I found removed. Course, you can still make coal blocks from charcoal with the electric crucible... but it costs more power then you can possibly get from a block of coal, and is only a path to unlimited diamonds from wood. (at this stage you can trivially get your unlimited diamonds from lightning powered void ore miners so, no issue)

https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-10-2-age-of-engineering.223595/page-18#post-1918013 :p