[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
I think I saw a similar discussion about textures on Mac PCs in a different thread on here. The solution was a combination of command key +T or something similar; anyone else remember anything similar?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is I don't know if how I'm downloading the mods is the problem. The mods work fine, it's just the textures that are screwy. Do those mods do something different when they load up or something?

Which textures are wonky? The full install of AoE does include a custom resources directory with overrides for some AoE things. So the main menu, and some parts of the guide will probably look untextured if you don't install that.

Krutontar

Jul 29, 2019
Bug: 1.10
AE2 ME Interface blocking mode doesn't work when crafting to an Advanced Rocketry Input Hatch. Works on everything else I've tried.

Levy

Jul 29, 2019
Which textures are wonky? The full install of AoE does include a custom resources directory with overrides for some AoE things. So the main menu, and some parts of the guide will probably look untextured if you don't install that.
Everything else looks fine from what I've found. It's just the Transposer stuff and some TechReborn stuff. It's really iffy on the TechReborn stuff, too. Like, sometimes the ore blocks themselves are screwed up after starting the game and after a quit and restart they can look fine. In the 1.0.5 version, the gems were iffy like that and the gem tools were the problem. So I dunno. Pretty sure it's not a resource pack problem because the menu looks fine.

Levy

Jul 29, 2019
I think I saw a similar discussion about textures on Mac PCs in a different thread on here. The solution was a combination of command key +T or something similar; anyone else remember anything similar?
F3+T fixed it! Damn that's going to be annoying to do every time I start playing cus that locked my game up for like a minute.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I can think of is perhaps your java memory settings in MultiMC for the modpack are too small. But the default setting (Xmx1G) should simply not load AoE at all.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, making a void miner, which needs triple compressed cobble. Is there any way to auto make this stuff before AE and fully automatic crafting?

Levy

Jul 29, 2019
I was avoiding these - the recipe wants horrid amounts of Iron in Aoe. But it is the pragmatic solution.
You can effectively cut the needed iron in half by using a stone separator. It produces 4 reinforced iron per ore block of iron. So 9 iron ore gets you 1 compacting drawer.

S

sparhawkse

Hello. Been playing AoE on and off for a bit now and just unlocked AE2 but I ran into a small problem. To make Stable Stone it seems the recipy calls for IC2's Basalt specificly but the worldgen only supplies EnvTech Basalt. Is this by design or am I missing something here? I know the Calculator Analyzer can get Stable Stone as a bonus item but at a 0.02% rate which is a tad low. I'm running my own server and has used the same world since 0.X so I thought maybe the worldgen config has changed over time or something but didn't find anything about it in the changelog.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 basalt does not occur in the world. It is created by placing Pahoehoe Lava source blocks in the world to cool.

S

sparhawkse

IC2 basalt does not occur in the world. It is created by placing Pahoehoe Lava source blocks in the world to cool.
Ohh, I see. My ignorance is showing. I couldnt find anything in JEI so I assumed it wasn't possible. How do you make this wierd lava? JEI isn't at all helpful here either.

Levy

Jul 29, 2019
Feed lava into an IC2 heat exchanger. You'll be able to harness the thermal energy from the lava as a byproduct.
Huh, I've been looking for a way to turn my lava into EU and this looks to be it. I don't know if the Geothermal Generator is disabled in this pack or if it was removed from IC2 itself, but Heat Exchanger + Stirling Generator = Geothermal generator + Pahoehoe lava. Good stuff.

Edit: Liquid Heat Exchangers require iridium ore. Not quite there yet...

Last edited:

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh, I see. My ignorance is showing. I couldnt find anything in JEI so I assumed it wasn't possible. How do you make this wierd lava? JEI isn't at all helpful here either.

FYI, the in-game Guide book mentions that you'll need to get Basalt from Pahoehoe lava, along with other tips and valuable information. Open up your inventory, then click on the "Guide" book at the top left. Click on the "Age of Engineering" topic to read info from every Age.